ADVERTISEMENT

While we may disagree on policy

BuilderBob6

All-American
Jan 27, 2007
North Carolina
Can we all agree that illegals being held in our country should be treated humanely? These reports of unsanitary conditions...... lack of water,food, medical care,soap, toothpaste.........this shouldn't be happening in our country.

To be fair, similar problems have happened under previous admins. Trump's separation policy has made it more difficult for the children.

Despite the division in our country over the illegal immigration issue, we should all come together to demand this abuse stop. This treatment seems like punishment.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/doc...-centers-torture-facilities/story?id=63879031

https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday...migrant-conditions-in-his-state-the-worst-hes

Last edited:
Reactions: TheCainer
Wild times that we even have to have this discussion, but I think the problem is that many people, sadly, do consider this the policy. They see what is happening right now as part of the immigration policy to be as harsh as possible to deter future migrants from coming across the border. You cannot separate the current administrations policy with how migrants are being treated...you either support it or you don't.

I am sure there are many, some on this board, who will either defend this or ignore it as reality.

Can we all agree that illegals being held in our country should be treated humanely? These reports of unsanitary conditions...... lack of water,food, medical care,soap, toothpaste.........this shouldn't be happening in our country.

To be fair, similar problems have happened under previous admins. Trump's separation policy has made it more difficult for the children.

Despite the division in our country over the illegal immigration issue, we should all come together to demand this abuse stop. This treatment seems like punishment.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/doc...-centers-torture-facilities/story?id=63879031

https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday...migrant-conditions-in-his-state-the-worst-hes
Ya' know Bob....them OI' ILLEGALS walked all that way without water,food, medical care,soap, toothpaste.AND clean shitters so they should be used to it now, and where they are should be a picnic for 'em. Toss their ass back over the fence....because they're here ILLEGALLY.

Ya' know Bob....them OI' ILLEGALS walked all that way without water,food, medical care,soap, toothpaste.AND clean shitters so they should be used to it now, and where they are should be a picnic for 'em. Toss their ass back over the fence....because they're here ILLEGALLY.
These are children for God's sake.

WWJD? Or do you think he only believed in taking care of those of the same color and nationality?

Why don't you actually practice the religion you preach?

If they were white you’d be driving the toothpaste there yourself. Let’s not pretend that race doesn’t also factor Into your stance.

Reactions: Beeazlebub
These are children for God's sake.

WWJD? Or do you think he only believed in taking care of those of the same color and nationality?

Why don't you actually practice the religion you preach?
And those children are there because of promises made to the adults in a march the kids had nothing in. And I do practice the Religion that I preach....You know, that one about give a fish or teach to fish....works in many ways.

And why bring up such a bigoted statement unless you're trying to incite?

If they were white you’d be driving the toothpaste there yourself. Let’s not pretend that race doesn’t also factor Into your stance.
You have no clue what or who I support do you? I coached for damned near 50 years and not once did the color of a kid's skin make a difference. That was a totally asinine statement...even from you.

You have no clue what or who I support do you? I coached for damned near 50 years and not once did the color of a kid's skin make a difference. That was a totally asinine statement...even from you.

You’ve made yourself pretty clear on here. And if you coached kids for fifty years then I would think you of all people would have empathy and sympathy for children. So yeah, I stand by my statement.

Who has determined that they are illegals????????

You????

There is nothing illegal to seek asylum in a different land, and THAT is the crux of the matter. But, it seems, that Trump's supporters, or maybe even all of today's conservatives(?), FAIL to make this distinction!

I would suggest that, UNTIL you know they are actually ILLEGALS, treat them like HUMAN BEINGS for GOD"S sake.

Is that so hard?

WWJD????????

I read an article earlier today which asked; Is Decency a Weakness? https://www.alternet.org/2019/06/is...-say-about-the-gops-embrace-of-the-dark-side/

Read this and ask yourself if the question is legitimate. Does it apply to you?

To NOT be decent, is NOT making America great again.

And those children are there because of promises made to the adults in a march the kids had nothing in. And I do practice the Religion that I preach....You know, that one about give a fish or teach to fish....works in many ways.

And why bring up such a bigoted statement unless you're trying to incite?
lol. Chapter and verse?

That is a Chinese proverb Einstein. It's not in the bible. Wow.

Bigoted statement? Ok Mr. Sensitive.......who posted earlier that these children should have their asses thrown back over the fence......... would Jesus have them live in squalor because they were in his country illegally?

You people with your "Christian values". You practice your religion when it's convenient and it fits your politics. It's disgusting.

Suffer the little children to come unto me.......

1095bea20439f9040f4a6a44dd392c48--republican-jesus-intersectional-feminism.jpg

D9zUtMeUIAAgHo8.jpg

D9y50QCUcAE8sKO.jpg

D901049X4AEokGR.jpg
Obama actually said it best. The worst part is a lot of them aren’t coming with their families and are being trafficked (it’s why Trump implemented DNA testing)

Reactions: BSIT
Who has determined that they are illegals????????

You????

There is nothing illegal to seek asylum in a different land, and THAT is the crux of the matter. But, it seems, that Trump's supporters, or maybe even all of today's conservatives(?), FAIL to make this distinction!

Let me establish immediately that I do not support treating children harshly or cruelly or badly in any way.

A few facts to think about:

1. It is not illegal to seek asylum in another country but it is illegal to enter another country to seek asylum for economic reasons. I think probably 90% or more fall in that category

2. Illegal immigration has destabilized Europe and led to the surge in the far right and to far right governments which is a huge concern.

3. I personally do not approve of anyone jumping a line whether it is in a supermarket or for immigrating to another country. It simply is not fair to those who do things legally to give precedence to illegals.

4. I do not agree with giving benefits to illegals when our own citizens are suffering. One example of many is the bill currently in the works giving free healthcare to illegals.

5. A few days ago I saw a list of over 100 companies who are making money from the situation at the border.

6. Most illegals are people who overstay visas.

I don’t know what to do but it appears that no one else does either. I did read in the NYT that stopping illegals at the southern border of Mexico appears to be sending a message to both illegals and coyotes. But I realize it is not solving this world wide problem.

Reactions: Purdue97
So this has pretty much been this way for three decades. Once you accept that - regardless of political affiliation - then you shouldn't have much issue going, "Yeah, this is kind of jacked up."

That said, why is toothpaste a basic human right?

Reactions: SDBoiler1
Obama deported over 2 million illegal immigrants. Why has Trump not done that? I think it is one of those issues that he needs to maintain support from his base. I don't think abortion is the hot button issue it once was because of the change of justices on the Supreme Court.

Reactions: TheCainer
I don't think abortion is the hot button issue it once was because of the change of justices on the Supreme Court.
How do you figure? If anything, it's more of a hot-button because we're on the path to over turning 50 years of abortion policy in this country. While you might be OK with that, it's probable that a plurality of the population (between pro-life, pro-choice, and indifferent/unsure) is not.

How do you figure? If anything, it's more of a hot-button because we're on the path to over turning 50 years of abortion policy in this country. While you might be OK with that, it's probable that a plurality of the population (between pro-life, pro-choice, and indifferent/unsure) is not.

I think it is no longer a hot button issue because he is not speaking or addressing it in any way. Certainly it is in the news and people on both sides are speaking about it but I sense some resignation among the women I know. They believe - rightly or wrongly- that it will be overturned and kicked back to the states. I also think it is no longer a hot button issue because other issues - Iran, illegal immigration, etc - are dominating the news. When I looked up top issues for voters in 2020, it didn't appear in the top issues [Health care, immigration and the economy were top three]

When I looked up top issues for voters in 2020, it didn't appear in the top issues [Health care, immigration and the economy were top three]
That's probably fair considering there's not much the 2020 election will do to change it. It's going to have to be a long-term liberal leaning SCOTUS again if indeed it gets turned back to the states.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Obama deported over 2 million illegal immigrants. Why has Trump not done that? I think it is one of those issues that he needs to maintain support from his base. I don't think abortion is the hot button issue it once was because of the change of justices on the Supreme Court.
Bullshit. Maybe some it has to do with liberal special interest groups suing the administration and tying up matters in the courts for years. Meanwhile, the Ds do nothing to help fix the problems except whine about them. Truth is, Congressional Rs haven't done much either.

While he's very concerned, took him all of 3 seconds to make a comparison to Obama.......and it was a lie. Then proceeds to blame the Dems in Congress. Isn't the Senate republican?

Trump takes credit for anything good, blames anything bad on someone else. Doesn't work that way, this is happening on his watch, under his policies.

D9zUtMeUIAAgHo8.jpg

D9y50QCUcAE8sKO.jpg

D901049X4AEokGR.jpg
Obama actually said it best. The worst part is a lot of them aren’t coming with their families and are being trafficked (it’s why Trump implemented DNA testing)

Yeah, there was a crisis in 2014 and there weren't enough beds for the influx of children. Instead of holding them in lock-ups, they placed them here. The administration also ensured that this was as brief as possible. It wasn't a policy of cruelty and deterrence like we're seeing today.

But I guess context doesn't matter in MAGA world. As long as you have a picture that you can use to own libs.

There was a primary debate tonight for democrat Presidential candidates. Oh, it is political season. Abortion and immigration are now hot topics again. Afterwards, they will both go away for awhile. Rinse. Repeat. Being sarcastic, it seemed that it used to be that way.

Abortion and immigration seem to be hotter issues for longer periods of time now than before.

It was an issue in the debate. In polls, immigration is one of the top issues for voters but abortion is not in the top five. I don’t understand it as it is certainly in the news and state governments are passing laws. One of my friends thinks it is not an issue with young people because of changes in birth control and it is no longer an issue with older women. If she is right then the candidates last night are out of touch.

It was an issue in the debate. In polls, immigration is one of the top issues for voters but abortion is not in the top five. I don’t understand it as it is certainly in the news and state governments are passing laws. One of my friends thinks it is not an issue with young people because of changes in birth control and it is no longer an issue with older women. If she is right then the candidates last night are out of touch.

Only watched a few minutes of the debate. The candidates were talking about health care. The general consensus was to make health care universal medicare for all.
A couple candidates wanted to leave private insurance as an option for those who wanted to go that route. That would get interesting.

It’s a “hot button” issue for Ds. According to them, Rs are trying to take away the ability of women to have an abortion by chipping away at Roe v. Wade. Evil Rs are going to force women to resort to having to use coat hangers again. It’s an emotional wedge issue the Ds think will play well for them in the 2020 election. It’s just politics.

Only watched a few minutes of the debate. The candidates were talking about health care. The general consensus was to make health care universal medicare for all.
A couple candidates wanted to leave private insurance as an option for those who wanted to go that route. That would get interesting.
The Ds want to obliterate private insurance which 80-85% of America uses right now. They want everyone beholden to government-controlled, rationed healthcare.

It’s a “hot button” issue for Ds. According to them, Rs are trying to take away the ability of women to have an abortion by chipping away at Roe v. Wade. Evil Rs are going to force women to resort to having to use coat hangers again. It’s an emotional wedge issue the Ds think will play well for them in the 2020 election. It’s just politics.
If it goes back to the states (as I believe it should), that's exactly what would happen in some places.

Abortion shouldn't be a federal matter, IMO. Immigration? Sure. Health care? Not so sure about that one, either.

If it goes back to the states (as I believe it should), that's exactly what would happen in some places.

Abortion shouldn't be a federal matter, IMO. Immigration? Sure. Health care? Not so sure about that one, either.
I agree. Some states will allow it and some won’t depending on the culture and philosophical bent of the people there.

Immigration is a federal issue, I agree. Right now, states do have sway and individual insurance commissions/commissioners. If the Ds have their have, healthcare will become nationalized.

The Ds want to obliterate private insurance which 80-85% of America uses right now. They want everyone beholden to government-controlled, rationed healthcare.
Only two candidates in the debate last night took that position. All the others were against taking away private insurance.

Only two candidates in the debate last night took that position. All the others were against taking away private insurance.
Do you honestly believe that? These people will say whatever they have to right now in order to be the nominee. Frankly, NONE from the clown car last night will become the nominee, not even Warren. Last night was the kiddie table.

Do you honestly believe that? These people will say whatever they have to right now in order to be the nominee. Frankly, NONE from the clown car last night will become the nominee, not even Warren. Last night was the kiddie table.

There were many, including people on this board, who said the same thing about one Donald Trump this time 2015. Politics is funny like that. Who do you think is the realistic nominee? Biden or Sanders?

I think there will be tremendous resistance from very large and powerful lobbies to killing the health care and health insurance industries to any "for all" health plan. I think it's a pipe dream.

I think there will be tremendous resistance from very large and powerful lobbies to killing the health care and health insurance industries to any "for all" health plan. I think it's a pipe dream.
That's why the ACA uses the industry and subsidizes the cost.
It will be interesting to see what transpires if one of the D's get elected.
IMO it's time to quit making this issue political and get together and fix the ridiculous increases in medical and prescription drug costs.
A true story, I had a medicine prescribed, that was pretty expensive and needed pre-authorization for the Insurance to approve it.
So while this process was taking place I had to pay the first 2 months myself.
It eventually got approved and low and behold my co-pay was more than what the drug was costing me outright.
Now it doesn't really matter that much because once my deductible is met the insurance covers 100% anyways. I just reach it faster with the high co-pay.

Reactions: gr8indoorsman
I think the only reason we are debating if these concentration camps at the border are concentration camps is because the people that are in favor of them don’t want to feel like fascists

Reactions: pastorjoeboggs
I think the only reason we are debating if these concentration camps at the border are concentration camps is because the people that are in favor of them don’t want to feel like fascists
Concentration camps? Did the USA round people up in cities and use a train to ship them in cattle cars to a place like Auschwitz to be gassed or shot into pits? GTFO.

These people entered the USA illegally and have no business being here in the first place. They could have tried to enter the country legally but that would have been too inconvenient for them.

Concentration camps? Did the USA round people up in cities and use a train to ship them in cattle cars to a place like Auschwitz to be gassed or shot into pits? GTFO.

These people entered the USA illegally and have no business being here in the first place. They could have tried to enter the country legally but that would have been too inconvenient for them.
Do yourself a favor and look up the definitions of concentration camp then death camp. It'll help sound less ignorant.

Reactions: 70boiler
There were many, including people on this board, who said the same thing about one Donald Trump this time 2015. Politics is funny like that. Who do you think is the realistic nominee? Biden or Sanders?
Biden has already been selected by the DNC. The DNC doesn't want Sanders. The rest of the clown car is competing for VP except for Bernie. He wouldn’t serve under Biden. Biden will select a female or person of color to embellish the ticket regardless of their qualifications.

Do yourself a favor and look up the definitions of concentration camp then death camp. It'll help sound less ignorant.
F$@& off. The terms are essentially synonymous. Nearly everyone uses the term concentration camp to describe stalags, gulags, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT