ADVERTISEMENT

Which Brohm got official credit for the win Saturday?

FirstDownB

All-American
Oct 12, 2015
Jeff's wiki page has the win chalked up to him and lists his record as 1-0 in 2020.

I figured it would go to Brian since he was the acting HC on game day.

Valid question. I was thinking of the same question. Did Walton get credit for all those wins while Kerr was out?

Had we lost, I doubt the Brohm-haters would have cut him any slack.
You can say that again.
On one hand I am glad that Jeff gets credited for the win. He recruited the players and is responsible for the program, and was likely responsible for the heavy lifting when it came to the game plan on Saturday. On the other hand, it was a nice thought for Brian to have a win in his first game as a head coach and he was the one where the buck stopped in making the calls in live action on the field. I guess he and Luke Walton can share a beer some day and talk about their phantom wins.
One thing nobody is talking about is what that may have done for Brian's HC prospects. I hope we don't lose him as I think he is a great complement to Jeff.

Jeff's wiki page has the win chalked up to him and lists his record as 1-0 in 2020.

I figured it would go to Brian since he was the acting HC on game day.
Jeff is the HC and as such he gets credit because it's his team, even if he missed the game. If a HC leaves the program, then the person taking over for, let's say, a bowl game would get the credit. A good example is Tom Allen, who took over after Kevin Wilson got canned. In typical IU fashion, Allen proceeded to lose the bowl game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT