ADVERTISEMENT

When does the actual football camp start?

I am going to be in Indiana the week of July 24th and is there anything football related that we can see. Not a long drive from WL.

Looking forward to the start of the football season. I will be happy with any wins we have as long as we can be competitive in most games and show improvement from one game to the next.

We haven't gotten a firm date yet on the start of camp, but it'll likely be Aug. 3. Also don't know if those practices will be open to the public yet. Because spring practices were, we're assuming camp will be as well. Or at least some of the camp ones. We'll see.

We're having position-by-position breakdowns leading into camp the next couple weeks on the site and then a third week of camp-preview-type stuff from July 24-28. We'll also have coverage, per usual, off the Big Ten media days in Chicago. Purdue's day there is July 25.

Stacy, thank you for the update. When we lived in Indiana it was easier to make it to Purdue for football games than it is obviously living in Minnesota. I love summer and the warm weather but really looking forward to football for the first time in several years.

Reactions: ITSC-Ret
Stacy, thank you for the update. When we lived in Indiana it was easier to make it to Purdue for football games than it is obviously living in Minnesota. I love summer and the warm weather but really looking forward to football for the first time in several years.

As soon as we know more about camp, it'll be on the site. We'll have a season "primer" page with time/date/location of the practices and, once they've happened, it'll also be a one-stop place to read all the coverage from camp.

There is a fan luncheon at the Big Tens on the 25th. It's in Chicago. All the coaches and a couple players from each program are there.

ADVERTISEMENT