ADVERTISEMENT

What's with the Paint Crew?

stadium loud speakers or fan noise ?
I was at the Ann Arbor game on Thursday and it was very loud, but not so much from fan noise - more from the overhead loudspeakers.

I always see it labeled as "crowd noise volume", so I believe it's only supposed to be measured from fans.

I was at the game yesterday and both the fan noise and the loud speakers were as loud in there as I've ever heard. Mackey was rockin' and the atmosphere in that building is just simply unmatched.

For anyone that goes regularly now, does the mic level always sound that weak the whole game? It's been 2 years since I had been back to a game, but don't remember it being that weak. It obviously didn't take anything away from the game itself, but if you are going to have an audience emcee, I figured they'd at least check her mic level or try to make an adjustment at some point.

Ignoring that trivial matter, the Purdue sports in-game production really does an amazing job by balancing the entertainment value with technology and the crowd atmosphere itself. It's a shame CBS didn't show more of the students' signs because they were all very clever and clean comedy.

There was even a tweet (I think it might have been Dave Shondell) that showed Izzo on the court and his comment was something like "there was a day when the Paint Crew would have never let this happen."
I agree. Either everyone is cheering with the Paint Crew so you don't hear just them, or they are that subdued this year.

I was there, the Student Section was ALL over Izzo all day. CBS just didn't cover it at all.

Reactions: tjreese and DrEss
I was there, the Student Section was ALL over Izzo all day. CBS just didn't cover it at all.

At one time it looked as if some students from Paint Crew in the very front by MSU bench were angrily yelling and gesturing at Izzo when he got pretty close. I watched it from the from the other side of the court, and it seriously looked like a few of the PC members were flirting with getting thrown out of Mackey - they were hot and absurdly going off on Izzo with security right there.

Alas, I later learned that they were just mocking Izzo and doing and saying all the stuff he was to try and show him how ridiculous he acts. Job well done, PC! I'll be making a return trip when Iowa and FranCon comes to WL. The PC must be licking their chops for that one.

At one time it looked as if some students from Paint Crew in the very front by MSU bench were angrily yelling and gesturing at Izzo when he got pretty close. I watched it from the from the other side of the court, and it seriously looked like a few of the PC members were flirting with getting thrown out of Mackey - they were hot and absurdly going off on Izzo with security right there.

Alas, I later learned that they were just mocking Izzo and doing and saying all the stuff he was to try and show him how ridiculous he acts. Job well done, PC! I'll be making a return trip when Iowa and FranCon comes to WL. The PC must be licking their chops for that one.

Haha......probably can't due to copyright/trademark......would be a "hoot" if they could give out cardboard cut-outs for the Francon Alert System.

gt5xr_SS3NFxM43Gx3A6CJcPJSQwKFjYR_4fpCbZVf4.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT