ADVERTISEMENT

Whats the over/under

OhioBoiler3

True Freshman
Oct 21, 2012
How many commits you think come out of this big recruiting weekend? Going to set the bar at 3, what do you all think?

Originally posted by OhioBoiler3:
How many commits you think come out of this big recruiting weekend? Going to set the bar at 3, what do you all think?
Im guessing over as well, but would want to know how many big names are coming and how many total spots left we have to give best estimate.

Can you clarify... do you mean how many recruits commit this weekend, or how many of the recruits from this weekend eventually commit?

Originally posted by boiler17:
So its the over, but unimpressive offers from other schools?
This staff will get another year (at least) to show that they know what their doing with recruiting but two things I find concerning.
1) Very few of the current recruits have multiple offers from other power 5 schools. I'm not a big believer in stars but other coaches not finding these players worthy of an offer say's a lot in my mind.
2) This staff has already shown to have some problems evaluating the talent that they practice with and interact with year round on their own team. That doesn't seem to bode well for the talent they have to evaluate based on limited game footage and camp attendance.

I think they deserve at least 3 years to show what they can do but early returns have not been promising.

Originally posted by BoilerGrad02:

So its the over, but unimpressive offers from other schools?
This staff will get another year (at least) to show that they know what their doing with recruiting but two things I find concerning.
1) Very few of the current recruits have multiple offers from other power 5 schools. I'm not a big believer in stars but other coaches not finding these players worthy of an offer say's a lot in my mind.
2) This staff has already shown to have some problems evaluating the talent that they practice with and interact with year round on their own team. That doesn't seem to bode well for the talent they have to evaluate based on limited game footage and camp attendance.

I think they deserve at least 3 years to show what they can do but early returns have not been promising.
Yup

It's safe to say that over half our class wasn't offered by more than 2 other power 5 schools. The odds of outscouting EVERYONE on over half your class is not good.

I think the real question is...."How many of those who do commit will be worth it". One huge weakness this team has is overall speed, both on offense and defense, and in Hazell's time at PU, the fastest kid they've recruited is Hart at 4.4 and the only other offer he had was Tulane.

In my honest opinion, this staff's recruiting has left a lot to be desired so far, and you can't compete with the top echelon in the league with the players Hazell is bringing in.

This post was edited on 12/8 10:01 AM by TwinDegrees2

Originally posted by TwinDegrees2:

I think the real question is...."How many of those who do commit will be worth it". One huge weakness this team has is overall speed, both on offense and defense, and in Hazell's time at PU, the fastest kid they've recruited is Hart at 4.4 and the only other offer he had was Tulane.

In my honest opinion, this staff's recruiting has left a lot to be desired so far, and you can't compete with the top echelon in the league with the players Hazell is bringing in.

What makes you say this?

What makes you say this?
Which part Boiler?

What makes you say this?
Which part Boiler?
The part about lack of team speed. Not arguing, just curious. I took our recievers and defenders getting outworked to be more about lack of anything resembling long ball thread and lack of OC to call plays that complimented each other. Defensively, our allignments were typically pretty vanilla and consequently easier to pick up, make defenders cover longer, and eventually get beat. Not to mention we let the opponent dictate who gets covered by who by having people play fixed parts of the field for a good chunk of the year.

Yancey, Posey, Anthrop, Brown, Williams, and Richards I see as among the fastest we have had in their respective positions in years. And thats ignoring Mostert and Hunt.

Originally posted by JBoiler14:
The Juco wide out we just got is 6'4 and rumor is he runs a 4.3
And yet no other major programs were after him. I find that hard to believe.

Maybe he's got pirate hooks instead of hands but if not I'm guessing that's 40 time is BS.

Originally posted by BoilerGrad02:

Originally posted by JBoiler14:
The Juco wide out we just got is 6'4 and rumor is he runs a 4.3
And yet no other major programs were after him. I find that hard to believe.

Maybe he's got pirate hooks instead of hands but if not I'm guessing that's 40 time is BS.
Unless guys are timed by laser at the same event, I wouldnt look to 40 time as anything more than a vauge indicator of speed.

And yes, Im guessing 6'4 guys that run 4.3 without a decent offer sheet are hard to come by.

ADVERTISEMENT