ADVERTISEMENT

What is the best time and place for the Bucket game?

What is the best time and location for the Bucket Game (after Thankgsgiving?

• Friday, 1:00 p.m. Lucas Oil

• Friday, 1:00 W. Laf/Bloom

• Friday, 4:00 p.m. Lucas Oil

• Friday, 4:00 p.m. Laf/Bloom

• Friday, 7:00 p.m. Lucas Oil

• Friday, 7:00 p.m. Laf/Bloom

• Thursday (Thanksgiving), 7:00 p.m. Lucas Oil

• Current (Sat. Noon Laf.Bloom)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Is it always at noon? I guess I've never paid that much attention. I know O$U-Michigan is always at noon except in 2006.

Is it always at noon? I guess I've never paid that much attention. I know O$U-Michigan is always at noon except in 2006.
It was a Saturday evening national game in 2000. Time is dictated by relevance of teams that season.

That's kinda why I asked based on there only being one Saturday time on the choices.

I think the majority of the time we get scheduled for noon, which is why I put it as the only choice. A 4 or 7 game kinda leaves me cold (unless we were playing for the western conference championship, at which point they could schedule it for 2:00 a.m. and I'd show).

HS football games start at noon on Friday and Saturday and run until 10 at night. 3 games on friday and 3 games on saturday.
It would not be difficult to adjust that just a little and be able to add the Purdue/IU game.

That said, with all of the people there for the games, the tree-lighting downtown on Friday, and the Pacers in town one of the two nights traditionally, there is a lot going on and it could be tough in that regard.

Because I live in the area, I would love it being played in Indy, but, at the same time...the on-campus setting is much more special and is a part of the experience I feel.

The only reason it is an issue is because the last weekend of conference play was moved back a week from what it traditionally had been...the best solution, to me at least, would be to move the last weekend of conference play back to the weekend before Thanksgiving...the B1G did not like that because they were not getting national attention that other conferences were and then TV dictating the conference championship games which would have led to a week off before that game.

I'm not a fan of either neutral sites or Thanksgiving day for the Bucket. This is a major rivalry game a belongs on campus although it is problematic that students are gone. Thanksgiving is a family day. It's not a time to split the family by having some choose to attend the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Inspector100
I remember a Sat night game during the Tiller era. I loved it. The air was nippy, but the crowd was vibrant. You just didn't seem to notice the cold air.

I didn't vote. It don't matter to me when it is scheduled. I will always consider making it happen.

I remember a Sat night game during the Tiller era. I loved it. The air was nippy, but the crowd was vibrant. You just didn't seem to notice the cold air.
Cold is a matter of perspective. My party of adults wore duckhunting and ice fishing clothes and the 2000 Bucket game was cold for us but alcohol fueled students were shirtless with roses painted on their chests for Drew's last game in RA.

Reactions: DAG10
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT