ADVERTISEMENT

What are your weird Purdue sports superstitions??

boilerjrut3

Senior
Feb 2, 2011
I'm sure we all have a few, I'm curious to see if I'm as crazy as some other Boiler fans.

For me, I always stay off this board on game days until after it is played.

I also wear the same shirt and usually sit in the exact same spot in my living room.

What are some others?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I thought you were going to say that you do everything 3 times, like wishes.

I don't know if it is a superstition but I have a little Purdue Pete that sits in an antique corn grinder. I make sure he sits straight up so he can see on game days. I guess I even straighten him on other days too.

I don't wear any of the opposing team's colors 48 hours prior to the game down to my boxers. Won't drink out of cups with said colors either. I will always do these.

After the Hummel injuries I have given up most of my superstitions though. I never pray for wins anymore, only for safe travels and moral strength for our players and coaches. I used to only wash shirts after a loss (the basketball shirts were pretty dirty for a while!) But after watching a high character guy like Hummel go through what he did for no apparent reason, l realize that me wearing a certain shirt in order to secure a win is kind of silly. These guys work their whole lives to get where they are and the only real way i can impact the game is to show up and cheer loud.

Now that I have my Debbie Downer speech out of the way, keep doing what you are doing guys!! Whatever it is, it is working! !

Both of these practices are due to the unfortunate relationship with our conference in-state rival:
First, the only things you find around my house that are close to the color red is the stars and stripes flying above. Either you get it or you don't. Violators may be asked to leave :) Secondly, I don't watch their games. A long time ago I found that if tuned into their game, they often would be behind. If I kept watching they would rally. Therefore I only check the score when I know the game is over or see it on the ticker. Other than those I always wear the gear. Ikr?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT