ADVERTISEMENT

What are your weird Purdue sports superstitions??

boilerjrut3

Senior
Feb 2, 2011
I'm sure we all have a few, I'm curious to see if I'm as crazy as some other Boiler fans.

For me, I always stay off this board on game days until after it is played.

I also wear the same shirt and usually sit in the exact same spot in my living room.

What are some others?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Ha, I was just thinking about this.

It used to be my magical Hummel jersey until I let my 18 year old wear it to the Vandy game. She was wearing it last night for the first time since then. She has been banned from wearing if anymore.

I was in the state of Indiana throughout February had been wearing the Purdue beanie sock hat I bought January 1st. That worked great but the day of the Minny game it was warm in Indy so I didn't wear it. I had it with me and was going to put it on at halftime but we were up so I didnt.

I left Indy on Friday ans was worried. I had been wearing my red and grey dress socks the day of fhe last OSU game and considered wearing them last night. I didn't, but was wearing the beanie even though it was 52 degrees out. But alas I was no longer in Indiana, so ugh.

Basically I am as crazy as anyone on game day. It's tough because the action must be taken before the game starts and cannot be added as it is playing out for me.

I am at a loss for Wednesday's game. I think I will pull out the Etwaun away jersey and let the chips fall where they may.

One constant is I do coach up the team as they play. My kids are amazed when I yell a direction to a player and they do it. That's one thing I will never give up as I did it from the stands for many years.
This post was edited on 3/2 10:33 PM by proudopete

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT