ADVERTISEMENT

what are the NIL rules with foreign born players?

Mar 3, 2020
was reading an article that because Edey is Canadian it somehow limits what he can get through NIL, seems like UK had a similar problem with Tsweibe last year but found a way to get him paid. Makes no sense to me why it would matter where you were born, are any of you familiar with what limitations there are.

It is Not about where they were born but whether they are attending school on a student visa versus a work visa. A student visa restricts the amount of money that can be earned.

Reactions: TooPoorToBleedGold
was reading an article that because Edey is Canadian it somehow limits what he can get through NIL, seems like UK had a similar problem with Tsweibe last year but found a way to get him paid. Makes no sense to me why it would matter where you were born, are any of you familiar with what limitations there are.
UK has been able to find a way around the NCAA rules for years before there was the NIL.

UK has been able to find a way around the NCAA rules for years before there was the NIL.
Foreign nationals who come her to play NCAA basketball are subject to US immigaration rules. Most of them are on a student visa which limits how much money they can earn in the US. NIL money is considered earned income. There is no limit to how much meney they can earn while in their home country. What I read about Edey is that when he went back to Canada, he made some appearances for which he was paid. Know nothing about UK and how they may have gotten around.

Foreign nationals who come her to play NCAA basketball are subject to US immigaration rules. Most of them are on a student visa which limits how much money they can earn in the US. NIL money is considered earned income. There is no limit to how much meney they can earn while in their home country. What I read about Edey is that when he went back to Canada, he made some appearances for which he was paid. Know nothing about UK and how they may have gotten around.

Kentucky had the same circumstances (visa) with Oscar Tshiebwe. They had a trip to the Bahamas, and he earned a substantial chunk of NIL during that trip. Puts a whole new perspective to Spring Break.

Reactions: oldboiler52
ADVERTISEMENT