ADVERTISEMENT

We're 32nd nationally in rushing!

Tommaker

Senior
Dec 11, 2002
Never thought I'd see that from a Purdue team.

On a completely unrelated note, I just looked at next year's schedule, and we open at Nevada? So, who's going to do that "Vegas Thang"? (Yeah, I know, it's in Reno, but still...and Tahoe is less than an hour away!)

I'm all in. :)

On a completely unrelated note, I just looked at next year's schedule, and we open at Nevada? So, who's going to do that "Vegas Thang"? (Yeah, I know, it's in Reno, but still...and Tahoe is less than an hour away!)

Why would you go to Vegas when you can go to Reno-Tahoe?

Vegas is at the complete other end of the state

Las Vegas and Reno are about 450 miles apart, not exactly close. Too far for me to drive up for the game unless I combine it with something else for a short vacation..

I'd rather have two wins than brag about our rushing stats. Stats are for losers and fantasy football geeks.

I'll bet you had the bears on Sunday, didn't you? go back to your arguments and bragging with IU posters in the Missouri thread. .
Well I did have the Vikings D/ST in special teams, and Jordan Howard on my bench.

Las Vegas and Reno are about 450 miles apart, not exactly close. Too far for me to drive up for the game unless I combine it with something else for a short vacation..
Just hop on a jet and be up there in about 45-60mins. No big deal.

This does sound like it would be a fun road trip. I might have to fly up for it. Tahoe is just a short drive away from Reno and for those of you who haven't been up to Tahoe before it is worth the trip no matter what time of year. It is one beautiful place. My family has done a few ski trips up there over the last few years. In the spring/summer/fall there is great hiking and mountain biking.

This thread caused me to take a peek at our future schedules. Looks like in 2020 we open the season at Nebraska. Given that both of our programs should be better in 2 years, that could be a huge game. We also host Air Force for the third game. I do not believe we have ever played them. I think it's kind of cool that we are hosting one our military academies. The last Big Ten opponent they defeated was Northwestern in 2003. They played Michigan in 2017.

"Just hop on a jet and be up there in about 45-60mins. No big deal. "

I just used Expedia and found no flights from Las Vegas to Reno. They involve a transfer usually in Los Angeles and about 3 hours of travel. Using a random date in October of this year I got a cheapest flight of $248, while I can fly non-stop to Indianapolis for $207.

If not driving, all said and done I can probably visit a home game in West Lafayette probably cheaper than that relatively close game in Reno. Weekends will be high hotel rates in Reno while probably least expensive in Indianapolis.

Last edited:

I just used Expedia and found no flights from Las Vegas to Reno. They involve a transfer usually in Los Angeles and about 3 hours of travel. Using a random date in October of this year I got a cheapest flight of $248, while I can fly non-stop to Indianapolis for $207.

If not driving, all said and done I can probably visit a home game in West Lafayette probably cheaper than that relatively close game in Reno. Weekends will be high hotel rates in Reno while probably least expensive in Indianapolis.
I'm sure it will be on TV.

Not all airlines pay Expedia to list their flights so my advice would be to forget Expedia and try the Southwest Airlines web page.... 1hr 20min block time which means actual flight time is probably 60-65mins. It would be faster if the government didn't own so much land out there that the airlines have to fly around.

This does sound like it would be a fun road trip. I might have to fly up for it. Tahoe is just a short drive away from Reno and for those of you who haven't been up to Tahoe before it is worth the trip no matter what time of year. It is one beautiful place. My family has done a few ski trips up there over the last few years. In the spring/summer/fall there is great hiking and mountain biking.
I know, right? Sometimes I forget the average age on this board. o_O

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT