ADVERTISEMENT

Went to FB practice today, without the grandsons,

Dandelion1972

Sophomore
Aug 24, 2002
West Lafayette
so I was able to stay (see BB free board for what happened when they were with me last Thursday).

[leaving out the injury report that I had here - just in case there's a Wildcat lurking]

The receivers looked pretty good today (I hear they stunk it up yesterday and ended up running). Benaiah, Keyron, Jared, Jackson, Jarrett, Terry, Zico, Rondale, Cole and Brycen all had multiple receptions and some pretty good ones too. Ryan James even had one (I know, you don't know him, but he's a quality kid, who is a walkon - know him from FCA). Rondale seems to outrun everyone, but I think his multiple catches were against the 2's and 3's.

Kory Taylor, a 6-5 freshman also had one as did Amad. The catch by Amad surprised me, because it came late in practice and he only had the one catch.

A number of plays were celebrated by the defensive secondary, but I pulled my handkerchief out on several of them ("You celebrated when you were holding the guy for 5 yards?").

Alexander Horvath was running a lot (like he did at spring) and he is not someone that I would want to try to get in front of, when he has a full head of steam! He looks bigger than 230. (Chatted with him after a spring practice and he, too, is a great guy.

However, on one blitz by Markus, he absolutely knocked Horvath back on his rear. In the future, I think #40 will get a little lower!!!

David, Elijah and Jack all seem to throw the ball pretty well, but Sindelar definitely has the better deep pass. ES moved out of the pocket very adeptly on a couple of occasions and delivered nice passes. David is David, and if he scrambles out of the pocket, he does damage (of course, they can't tackle him, so it's a little difficult to gauge how many yards he would've picked up.

On one reception, Jackson was coasting along and 2 defenders had him in their sights, he downshifted and left them in the dust (too bad it was against the 3's).

DJ is the human cannonball, bouncing through from time to time. But he's gonna need help to take the pounding all year. In fact, without Markell and Tario, it's a bit scary to think of our offense.

The best play of the day:

Blough is going through his reads, looking over at the sidelines about 4 yards deep. The offensive coordinator is giving the signals . . . Holt is literally standing between Blough and Horvath, yelling adjustments to the defense. Blough starts to call the signals while Holt moves to the right side, a couple yards behind the line of scrimmage, probably in line with the TE. Blough receives the snap, looks deep, but turns to his right, throws a little flare pass to Horvath and Holt intercepts it!

The general feeling (not shared by me) is that even though everyone is concerned about the defense, many think Holt will pull another rabbit out of the hat.They base this on the 1's on defense have dominated the 1's on offense. I'm still very nervous about our D. Hope they are right and that I am wrong.

---------------------------

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic message, including attachments, is privileged and confidential and is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, or if you are responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, use, disclosure, distribution, or copying of the communication is not authorized, allowed, or intended by the sender. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of this e-mail and its attachments. Thank you.

The thoughts expressed here should not be construed as expert opinion and we suggest you consult your financial advisor before placing ANY bets.

JC/TK/DC

so I was able to stay (see BB free board for what happened when they were with me last Thursday).

[leaving out the injury report that I had here - just in case there's a Wildcat lurking]

The receivers looked pretty good today (I hear they stunk it up yesterday and ended up running). Benaiah, Keyron, Jared, Jackson, Jarrett, Terry, Zico, Rondale, Cole and Brycen all had multiple receptions and some pretty good ones too. Ryan James even had one (I know, you don't know him, but he's a quality kid, who is a walkon - know him from FCA). Rondale seems to outrun everyone, but I think his multiple catches were against the 2's and 3's.

Kory Taylor, a 6-5 freshman also had one as did Amad. The catch by Amad surprised me, because it came late in practice and he only had the one catch.

A number of plays were celebrated by the defensive secondary, but I pulled my handkerchief out on several of them ("You celebrated when you were holding the guy for 5 yards?").

Alexander Horvath was running a lot (like he did at spring) and he is not someone that I would want to try to get in front of, when he has a full head of steam! He looks bigger than 230. (Chatted with him after a spring practice and he, too, is a great guy.

However, on one blitz by Markus, he absolutely knocked Horvath back on his rear. In the future, I think #40 will get a little lower!!!

David, Elijah and Jack all seem to throw the ball pretty well, but Sindelar definitely has the better deep pass. ES moved out of the pocket very adeptly on a couple of occasions and delivered nice passes. David is David, and if he scrambles out of the pocket, he does damage (of course, they can't tackle him, so it's a little difficult to gauge how many yards he would've picked up.

On one reception, Jackson was coasting along and 2 defenders had him in their sights, he downshifted and left them in the dust (too bad it was against the 3's).

DJ is the human cannonball, bouncing through from time to time. But he's gonna need help to take the pounding all year. In fact, without Markell and Tario, it's a bit scary to think of our offense.

The best play of the day:

Blough is going through his reads, looking over at the sidelines about 4 yards deep. The offensive coordinator is giving the signals . . . Holt is literally standing between Blough and Horvath, yelling adjustments to the defense. Blough starts to call the signals while Holt moves to the right side, a couple yards behind the line of scrimmage, probably in line with the TE. Blough receives the snap, looks deep, but turns to his right, throws a little flare pass to Horvath and Holt intercepts it!

The general feeling (not shared by me) is that even though everyone is concerned about the defense, many think Holt will pull another rabbit out of the hat.They base this on the 1's on defense have dominated the 1's on offense. I'm still very nervous about our D. Hope they are right and that I am wrong.

---------------------------

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic message, including attachments, is privileged and confidential and is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, or if you are responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, use, disclosure, distribution, or copying of the communication is not authorized, allowed, or intended by the sender. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of this e-mail and its attachments. Thank you.

The thoughts expressed here should not be construed as expert opinion and we suggest you consult your financial advisor before placing ANY bets.

JC/TK/DC

Nice analysis!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT