ADVERTISEMENT

Well McLaughlin is our of her shooting slump...

DocRon

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2001
Sheridan , Michigan
at least in this game (Kent State). Lead at half is 14 with Karissa hitting an almost 3/4 court 3PT shoot with 0.5 secs to go in the half (you got to see the video - amazing.) She is 5-6 from 3PT's and has 17 at halftime. Hope her hot streak breaks her very, very cold one from which she was suffering coming into this game.

("our" in headline should be "out" - have never figured out how to change a mistake in the headline. Sigh.)

Last edited:
Reactions: jindy
at least in this game (Kent State). Lead at half is 14 with Karissa hitting an almost 3/4 court 3PT shoot with 0.5 secs to go in the half (you got to see the video - amazing.) She is 5-6 from 3PT's and has 17 at halftime. Hope her hot streak breaks her very, very cold one from which she was suffering coming into this game.

Tim Newton says it was a 65 foot shot. Rattled back and forth in the rim and done.

("our" in headline should be "out" - have never figured out how to change a mistake in the headline. Sigh.)

Was just about to post the exact same information - great minds, huh, Doc? Farquhar and Hardin having pretty good games so far too. And equally good - low team turnover number. Hopefully Karissa's slump was just a short term thing and today's shooter is what we see the rest of the year.

Reactions: DocRon and Bigohh
Wow - 34 points for McLaughlin! Heck of a game, and efficient too. I have a habit where I look at the total point value of someone's shots versus their actual total. Today Karissa had 34 out of a possible 50(15 FG attempts, 10 3 point FG attempts and 10 FT attempts). Also good to see team turnover total relatively low. Not sure what was up with Oden today but maybe she'll be the breakout star next game.

Reactions: DocRon
Wow - 34 points for McLaughlin! Heck of a game, and efficient too. I have a habit where I look at the total point value of someone's shots versus their actual total. Today Karissa had 34 out of a possible 50(15 FG attempts, 10 3 point FG attempts and 10 FT attempts). Also good to see team turnover total relatively low. Not sure what was up with Oden today but maybe she'll be the breakout star next game.
Oden started cold (which never is a good thing for her) and then was in constant foul trouble. Disappointing for a senior but I am confident she will have great games for us yet.

Oden started cold (which never is a good thing for her) and then was in constant foul trouble. Disappointing for a senior but I am confident she will have great games for us yet.

Yeah, saw the foul number creeping up. Was surprised at the low shot attempt number from her but, given how McLaughlin was shooting no need for anyone else to take anything but a layup I guess. Shell be back(and needed moving forward).

As has been true for years, this is a very uneven team. Sometimes plays great, sometimes awful. Hard to judge this opponent as Mich waxed them but they gave OSU a battle. But foul trouble really made it hard for Versyp to keep her starters in and she chose to play the kitchen sink. MC's shooting tho skewed this game completely as she kind of just took over the game. She is really fun to watch and she will be missed badly in 2 years. Do not remember a guard who so consistently remained calm and just did her thing. Not great mostly but solid as they come. Next up SC, a team Indiana beat. Will tell us a lot about whether this team can compete at a higher level. So far, my guess is no. I think we are a middle of the pack BT team with a good shot at the NIT. Hope they prove me wrong.

As has been true for years, this is a very uneven team. Sometimes plays great, sometimes awful. Hard to judge this opponent as Mich waxed them but they gave OSU a battle. But foul trouble really made it hard for Versyp to keep her starters in and she chose to play the kitchen sink. MC's shooting tho skewed this game completely as she kind of just took over the game. She is really fun to watch and she will be missed badly in 2 years. Do not remember a guard who so consistently remained calm and just did her thing. Not great mostly but solid as they come. Next up SC, a team Indiana beat. Will tell us a lot about whether this team can compete at a higher level. So far, my guess is no. I think we are a middle of the pack BT team with a good shot at the NIT. Hope they prove me wrong.
Yep and they lose Oden and Harris to graduation after this season...Will they be better without Harris and be a B1G title contending team next season? They really need Woltman and next year's incoming freshmen to be immediate impact players imho for them to be a threat next season as well... And then in 2021-22 they lose Karissa and Tamara... so is this a middle of the pack B1G team for the next few years as well? We'll see I guess..Need a top 5 recruiting class somewhere along the way to get to contender status it appears and I don't know if SV has that kind of recruiting skill to pull that off.

Yep and they lose Oden and Harris to graduation after this season...Will they be better without Harris and be a B1G title contending team next season? They really need Woltman and next year's incoming freshmen to be immediate impact players imho for them to be a threat next season as well... And then in 2021-22 they lose Karissa and Tamara... so is this a middle of the pack B1G team for the next few years as well? We'll see I guess..Need a top 5 recruiting class somewhere along the way to get to contender status it appears and I don't know if SV has that kind of recruiting skill to pull that off.
I don't disagree but I also thought Woltman & Makolo put in some good freshman minutes yesterday.

Reactions: jindy

Here is Karissa's 65 ft shot in the Kent State game:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">AT THE BUZZERRRRRRRRRR!!!!<br><br> <a href="https://t.co/LQJdOTZ6uw">pic.twitter.com/LQJdOTZ6uw</a></p>&mdash; Purdue Women&#39;s Bball (@PurdueWBB) <a href="">December 8, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Here is Karissa's 65 ft shot in the Kent State game:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">AT THE BUZZERRRRRRRRRR!!!!<br><br> <a href="https://t.co/LQJdOTZ6uw">pic.twitter.com/LQJdOTZ6uw</a></p>&mdash; Purdue Women&#39;s Bball (@PurdueWBB) <a href=" ">December 8, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Shame there isn't a 4(or even 5) point line! Heck of a shot - thanks for posting.

Reactions: DocRon
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT