ADVERTISEMENT

Well damn, Terry is entering the portal.

Like I had mentioned in another thread but will reiterate here:

This is very surprising. She was basically given the keys to the offense as a point forward to do whatever she wanted offensively and play a ton of minutes, I'm not sure where she's going to find a school that even remotely gives her that kind of control as she's not a great shooter by any means (40% from 2 and a putrid 13% from 3 for us this year). She also committed a whopping 100 TOs, far away the most in a TO heavy team. But she was able to secure a couple impressive triple-doubles and did win us a few games but overall she really needed to make a big jump in her shooting and decision making for next year if we were going to make a big jump. Maybe KG told her that and she just decided to leave for "greener" pastures. Again not sure where another coach will give her PG reigns averaging more than 3 TO/game with essentially no outside shot to speak of. Her rebounding from the guard spot is going to be the biggest thing we'll miss from her and she seemed to be great for team chemistry, like a glue-like team leader as she has said over and over how much she loves playing for KG.

This portal is getting to be ridiculous.

Like I had mentioned in another thread but will reiterate here:

This is very surprising. She was basically given the keys to the offense as a point forward to do whatever she wanted offensively and play a ton of minutes, I'm not sure where she's going to find a school that even remotely gives her that kind of control as she's not a great shooter by any means (40% from 2 and a putrid 13% from 3 for us this year). She also committed a whopping 100 TOs, far away the most in a TO heavy team. But she was able to secure a couple impressive triple-doubles and did win us a few games but overall she really needed to make a big jump in her shooting and decision making for next year if we were going to make a big jump. Maybe KG told her that and she just decided to leave for "greener" pastures. Again not sure where another coach will give her PG reigns averaging more than 3 TO/game with essentially no outside shot to speak of. Her rebounding from the guard spot is going to be the biggest thing we'll miss from her and she seemed to be great for team chemistry, like a glue-like team leader as she has said over and over how much she loves playing for KG.

This portal is getting to be ridiculous.
The games I watched I saw the same things you posted. A 4-12 stat line with 3-4 turnovers with 7-8 rebounds and 4-5 assists, she stuffed stats from every angle. I hate to say it but she’s easily replaceable, still didn’t see that come considering the minutes she played and free reign that she had. It’s possible that Coach told her that needs to stop next season and she didn’t like it. As of this moment starters would seem to be Woltman/Learn/Hardin/Layden/Ellis. Hopefully that’s upgraded which I’m sure it will be.

The portal era is going to be ridiculous. And its going to cause us problems down the road too. How many guard/sf types can you play and keep happy? Because we will have 1 PG (Potts), 1 C (Woltman), 1 PF (Stoddard) and the rest of the roster are all shooting guards (Ellis can be counted as a combo guard) some of which you can play at SF. That problem only gets worse when you add the 23 class. You can win in NAIA with 5 guard lineups, in the BT and NCAA tournament, you need a credible front court or you will not win much. How many years do you think Learn will hang around being thrown into the post when she is listed as a SG? She may be the next one into the portal to find a school that won't use her as a center.

Per her Instagram account. So who is next?

One other thing, have they changed the rules yet again, it was a one time no sit out rule per player. IF you transfer a second time, don't you have to sit out a year?

One other thing, have they changed the rules yet again, it was a one time no sit out rule per player. IF you transfer a second time, don't you have to sit out a year?
If you’re a grad transfer I don’t think you have to sit out, she must be graduating.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT