ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome Zach Richards!!

As far as Sales, I liked this part below of Brian's write up. Sounds like Richards keeps in close contact, and we also should have Terrell in his ear too.

Richards is known to keep In contact with Brownsburg offensive lineman Josh Sales
,and his commitment to the Boilermakers can't possibly hurt Purdue with Sales, who's been offered by Nebraska, Missouri, Michigan State and many others.

During Purdue's junior day in early March, prior to the COVID-19 dead period, Richards, Sales and VandeVanter visited together and spent the day together, along with Purdue freshman offensive line Gus Hartwig, who's from Zionsville.

It sounds like this could be a very tight knit OL, if we can get Sales also. We might be able to put together the best line that we have had since Brees's OL.

As far as Sales, I liked this part below of Brian's write up. Sounds like Richards keeps in close contact, and we also should have Terrell in his ear too.

Richards is known to keep In contact with Brownsburg offensive lineman Josh Sales
,and his commitment to the Boilermakers can't possibly hurt Purdue with Sales, who's been offered by Nebraska, Missouri, Michigan State and many others.

During Purdue's junior day in early March, prior to the COVID-19 dead period, Richards, Sales and VandeVanter visited together and spent the day together, along with Purdue freshman offensive line Gus Hartwig, who's from Zionsville.

It sounds like this could be a very tight knit OL, if we can get Sales also. We might be able to put together the best line that we have had since Brees's OL.

o_line_080900.jpg

Last edited:
Over under 12 hours for Wole to come in and piss on this commit because he only has 3 stars?

rather, I'll piss on you. Your comment was unwarranted and not welcome and also a rather personal attack !

My point the last 5 years was not about stars, but rather size. I have been very critical of the undersized linemen we have recruited in the past, and then red shirted them and tried to feed them to death to build up their weight and size so they could be contributors 2 -3 years later. I want offensive linemen who already have the size, and you can use that first year developing their football skills. .

I have frequently referenced UW and IOWA , not because they sign elite athletes to be offensive linemen, but rather, they sign BIG linemen. And look at that - another 3 star lineman from Iowa was drafted in the first round of the NFL draft. A total shocker ! and wonder of wonders, he didn't even redshirt, but started as a freshman. I thought that was unheard of in the BIG 10.

This was a very nice and BIG addition.

If an athlete's body fat is to high he's not effective if it's too low 7% or lower he become's injury prone! No data supporting but just an observation! It is easier to coach up size than to add size and coach up! I love getting offensive line recruits that are already big! Now coach them up and allow the strength staff to build their strength!

rather, I'll piss on you. Your comment was unwarranted and not welcome and also a rather personal attack !

My point the last 5 years was not about stars, but rather size. I have been very critical of the undersized linemen we have recruited in the past, and then red shirted them and tried to feed them to death to build up their weight and size so they could be contributors 2 -3 years later. I want offensive linemen who already have the size, and you can use that first year developing their football skills. .

I have frequently referenced UW and IOWA , not because they sign elite athletes to be offensive linemen, but rather, they sign BIG linemen. And look at that - another 3 star lineman from Iowa was drafted in the first round of the NFL draft. A total shocker ! and wonder of wonders, he didn't even redshirt, but started as a freshman. I thought that was unheard of in the BIG 10.

Damn you’re sensitive. A personal attack would be me saying you have shit for brains. My post was a call out of your posting pattern.
Welcome to the intrawebs

I remember in an interview last year Josh Kaltenberger gushed about pancakes, and no not the kind from IHOP. I think we have a great start to 2021 OL recruiting, plus we landed three really good lineman prospects in 2020 class and a couple in 2019 and a couple in 2018 (Yes I know we signed more than I mentioned). I can’t wait until 2021 season and beyond where I believe we will have a solid line.

I wanted to post this here since there’s always seemingly a lot of back and forth about offensive lineman and high school weight. I’ll attempt to shift the discussion to mindset. Here’s one guy stating his mindset and I like it.

I remember in an interview last year Josh Kaltenberger gushed about pancakes, and no not the kind from IHOP. I think we have a great start to 2021 OL recruiting, plus we landed three really good lineman prospects in 2020 class and a couple in 2019 and a couple in 2018 (Yes I know we signed more than I mentioned). I can’t wait until 2021 season and beyond where I believe we will have a solid line.

I wanted to post this here since there’s always seemingly a lot of back and forth about offensive lineman and high school weight. I’ll attempt to shift the discussion to mindset. Here’s one guy starting his mindset and I like it.

Well, there's really not much of that.

Most people who follow CFB and CFB recruiting recognize there's just a lot of development that needs to occur, in order for HS linemen to become effective and reliable CFB linemen.

Are there outliers? Sure. But, they're called outliers for a reason.

You really didn’t understand the post. My point was to eliminate the physical component that you all love to discuss endlessly and repetitively. You know Einstein’s definition of insanity is, right?

Mindset is important in sports regardless of starting weight, height or development timelines. Read today’s article on ESPN regarding playing with Tom Brady. Watch the Jordan tapes. Kobe. Mohammad Ali, Roger Clemens, Tim Tebow, Kurt Warner, Phil Jackson, Bill Belichick, et al.

Combining the physical with having (mentally) an unwavering confidence in yourself, your abilities, doing everything to win, wanting to constantly get better and be dominant, is a powerful mix.

Your mindset helps you when you’re not the starter on a team, going through an injury, lose the big game, make a mistake, get released, when you’re not a high NFL draft pick or even drafted, cut from your high school team, or the appointed #1 in high school/ reaching your potential/ sustaining excellence for decades.

The above video spoke to me about that mentality. He loves being dominant and imposing his will on others. Spoke nothing of stats.

I’m excited, I’m starting to see more and more of our OL recruits have a dominant mindset combined with physical tools.

You really didn’t understand the post. My point was to eliminate the physical component that you all love to discuss endlessly and repetitively. You know Einstein’s definition of insanity is, right?

Mindset is important in sports regardless of starting weight, height or development timelines. Read today’s article on ESPN regarding playing with Tom Brady. Watch the Jordan tapes. Kobe. Mohammad Ali, Roger Clemens, Tim Tebow, Kurt Warner, Phil Jackson, Bill Belichick, et al.

Combining the physical with having (mentally) an unwavering confidence in yourself, your abilities, doing everything to win, wanting to constantly get better and be dominant, is a powerful mix.

Your mindset helps you when you’re not the starter on a team, going through an injury, lose the big game, make a mistake, get released, when you’re not a high NFL draft pick or even drafted, cut from your high school team, or the appointed #1 in high school/ reaching your potential/ sustaining excellence for decades.

The above video spoke to me about that mentality. He loves being dominant and imposing his will on others. Spoke nothing of stats.

I’m excited, I’m starting to see more and more of our OL recruits have a dominant mindset combined with physical tools.

Me?

No, I understood.

I'm eager to see his development, as well. And, it lines up with many of the discussions which have occurred on this forum.

Wirfs was a 4* per the 247 composite and a 4* for Rivals and 247. You consistently get facts wrong, one of the reasons you get attacked on this board.

Many of those BIG lineman in highschool have to spend 2-3 years completely remaking their body because it is just big and fat, not terribly useful for football.

But good job finding the extreme outlier of an offensive lineman who got drafted in the 1st round 3 years after HS and using that platform to justify your position that Purdue is doing it wrong.

Wirfs was a 4* per the 247 composite and a 4* for Rivals and 247. You consistently get facts wrong, one of the reasons you get attacked on this board.

Many of those BIG lineman in highschool have to spend 2-3 years completely remaking their body because it is just big and fat, not terribly useful for football.

But good job finding the extreme outlier of an offensive lineman who got drafted in the 1st round 3 years after HS and using that platform to justify your position that Purdue is doing it wrong.
I call them wolefacts. Always incorrect, usually conjured to support an unjustifiable position.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT