ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome Mr. Gibbs

Ha ha. That's awesome and exactly what I thought. Painter can do no wrong in your eyes. Hope he gets that FF and NC on your timeline, otherwise, you might start complaining.
I can only add that your 40+ years of harping and whining has gained you nothing. You can't enjoy the wins or the players on the roster, so you celebrate losing and incessantly whine about the players you have and your longing for the players at other schools that you can't have. It's all (warped) emotion, with no reasoning.

Reactions: Schnelk and BBG
As I said before, "Interest" from a program doesn't mean $hit. You probably had "interest" in ND, Duke, and Stanford when you were looking at colleges, but there was no way you were getting into any of them, so your "interest" wasn't worth anything.

Buffalo, App State and Montana. That tells me all I need to know.
Um, yeah, you already responded to that post. You dismiss the interest list for Smith (a Boilermaker), but tout the interest list for Carr (not a Boilermaker). #MoveTheGoalposts

Reactions: BBG
I can only add that your 40+ years of harping and whining has gained you nothing. You can't enjoy the wins or the players on the roster, so you celebrate losing and incessantly whine about the players you have and your longing for the players at other schools that you can't have. It's all (warped) emotion, with no reasoning.
Just keep the conversation going Lil Feller, I'm enjoying it immensely.

Um, yeah, you already responded to that post. You dismiss the interest list for Smith (a Boilermaker), but tout the interest list for Carr (not a Boilermaker). #MoveTheGoalposts
I guess the coaches at Buffalo, Montana and App St are better evaluators of talent than those at UK, Kansas and Texas.

And just like that l, Lenny moves the goalposts on you.

He has been doing the same thing for years now and will just keep doing it to you. Be prepared to go down one weird rabbit hole :)

Damn that Lenny.....

original.gif

Reactions: BBG and BoilerAndy
Whomever called you Karen before has you pegged. Instead of Lenny I'm going to start calling you Karenfish. You really need thicker skin and to not let internet forums bother you so.
Oh BBQ, please don’t do that. It’ll hurt my feelings. Whatever you do, don’t call me Karenfish

Actions ... look at a person's actions. That will tell you a LOT more than any words they choose to use.
So again, I'll ask:

1) Is a kid that leaves school early for the NBA "walking out on his team"?

2) Should Painter never take a kid from the portal? Because to mean, it sounds like you're insinuating that anyone in the portal is there because there were a bad teammate and are leaving their current program because they're a problem.

3) Can you point to some specific actions by Carr that would demonstrate he's a poor teammate or a problem player?

So again, I'll ask:

1) Is a kid that leaves school early for the NBA "walking out on his team"?

2) Should Painter never take a kid from the portal? Because to mean, it sounds like you're insinuating that anyone in the portal is there because there were a bad teammate and are leaving their current program because they're a problem.

3) Can you point to some specific actions by Carr that would demonstrate he's a poor teammate or a problem player?
3 teams. THREE.

The only reason it won't be more is because of eligibility limits.

3 teams. THREE.

The only reason it won't be more is because of eligibility limits.
Pitt was a mess. Was 0-17 in conf his freshman year. Staff turmoil, etc.
He played 2 years at Minny under Pitino. Averaged 19 pts last year. Pitino got fired. I think that's a legit reason to look elsewhere.
Bottom line is, had Painter gone after him and landed him, he would have been a major upgrade over IT and EH. Period. End of story.

Coach Painter has frequently used transfers. I think he picks the kids very carefully. The one that jumps to mind immediately is John Octeus.

As for kids leaving early for the pros, no, they are not deserting their teammates. Kids that transfer to another school are probably those on the outside of the team anyway. That said, any kid that is a starter on his team and enters the transfer portal is a different situation and would generate a lot of concerns.

Reactions: BBG and Boilerupone
Coach Painter has frequently used transfers. I think he picks the kids very carefully. The one that jumps to mind immediately is John Octeus.

As for kids leaving early for the pros, no, they are not deserting their teammates. Kids that transfer to another school are probably those on the outside of the team anyway. That said, any kid that is a starter on his team and enters the transfer portal is a different situation and would generate a lot of concerns.
How about a kid who transfers because the coach he's played for for the last 2 years gets fired? Is that a legit reason for a kid to look elsewhere?

Using your example of starters transferring: Were Haarms and Eastern concerns? They were both multiple year starters and decided to transfer? We're they on the outside of the 'team'?

He played 2 years at Minny under Pitino. Averaged 19 pts last year. Pitino got fired. I think that's a legit reason to look elsewhere.
Bottom line is, had Painter gone after him and landed him, he would have been a major upgrade over IT and EH. Period. End of story.

Now your just embarrassing yourself man. Transfers can be beneficial for sure, doubt anybody disputes that. Guessing next year Painter taps in the transfer market possibly. If it makes sense, I'm all for it. Bringing everybody back from last year's team and add a unknown variable such as Carr in how he would fit into team chemistry, production and buying into the system guessing Painter had strong feel. Major upgrade? Over Hunter's overall defense? Over IT outside shooting? C'mon man.
Again Ivey is going to increase minutes played in conference so you just need those guys to be smart with the ball and decision making. They aren't great guards for sure but they don't have to be. Major upgrade is laughable. Carr's a solid player, but major upgrade shooting 30% from 3 doesn't define that remark. Last year he shot 32% from deep. Enough of the silliness.

Your 15 minutes are up here, but happy holidays as your a Boilermaker fan.

Reactions: BBG and Schnelk
Now your just embarrassing yourself man. Transfers can be beneficial for sure, doubt anybody disputes that. Guessing next year Painter taps in the transfer market possibly. If it makes sense, I'm all for it. Bringing everybody back from last year's team and add a unknown variable such as Carr in how he would fit into team chemistry, production and buying into the system guessing Painter had strong feel. Major upgrade? Over Hunter's overall defense? Over IT outside shooting? C'mon man.
Again Ivey is going to increase minutes played in conference so you just need those guys to be smart with the ball and decision making. They aren't great guards for sure but they don't have to be. Major upgrade is laughable. Carr's a solid player, but major upgrade shooting 30% from 3 doesn't define that remark. Last year he shot 32% from deep. Enough of the silliness.

Your 15 minutes are up here, but happy holidays as your a Boilermaker fan.
Team chemistry? You think Gillis was excited to learn that he'd lost his job to a true freshman?
How about Hunter losing his starting job to an ever worse ball handler than he is?
There's absolutely no way to know how well Carr would have fit in with this team. But, what we do know, with 100% certainty, is that he's a better basketball player and athlete than both IT and EH.
That's the reason he'll get drafted while IT and EH basketball careers are done after Purdue.
But, yeh, putting an NBA caliber ball handler with Ivey wouldn't help.....

How about a kid who transfers because the coach he's played for for the last 2 years gets fired? Is that a legit reason for a kid to look elsewhere?

Using your example of starters transferring: Were Haarms and Eastern concerns? They were both multiple year starters and decided to transfer? We're they on the outside of the 'team'?
Both Eastern and Haarms walked away from their teams. That was discussed here. Both would be a concern for the receiving teams. Haarms worked out, Eastern didn’t.

As for Carr, I don’t think he would be as much of an upgrade as you imagine. He can’t shoot anywhere as good as our current guards. You might be surprised that Purdue’s offense doesn’t provide the kind of open driving lanes as teams without big centers. I really don’t think Carr would see the floor very much.

So, he makes bad decisions. But he'd be a GREAT addition to Purdue.

(*not sure you want to stick with that line of thinking, but it's gotten you to this point*)

Yup... someone with unstable history. Can't commit, going into a program that demands you make a commitment and get over yourself. History highly indicative it's about him, not the team. GREAT addition.

*farting sound*

Period. End of story.

You think it’s just bad luck that his first 2 coaches got fired? LOL.

Reactions: Purdue85
Team chemistry? You think Gillis was excited to learn that he'd lost his job to a true freshman?
How about Hunter losing his starting job to an ever worse ball handler than he is?
There's absolutely no way to know how well Carr would have fit in with this team. But, what we do know, with 100% certainty, is that he's a better basketball player and athlete than both IT and EH.
That's the reason he'll get drafted while IT and EH basketball careers are done after Purdue.
But, yeh, putting an NBA caliber ball handler with Ivey wouldn't help.....

it just doesn’t register with you Guessing not a athlete growing up but that’s fine just easier to grasp if was understanding team
You must really be a Calapari and UK fan ? How’s that working recruiting the “NBA” caliber guy . Big Memphis fan also ?

Gillis or Hunter transfer ? Or are they buying in to Painter system you think regardless of their role. If Painter thought freaking Marcus Carr was last link to a FF he would have tried harder for him

quit watching NBA bro and trying compare it to collegiate game. Ivey is going to be averaging 35-36 minutes a game come Jan 1st. We would really be able utilize his talents if Carr shucking up 30% 3’s and taken ball out of his hands

embarrassing takes fella

tell us again how we would also be better will Xavier Johnson

embarrassing

it just doesn’t register with you Guessing not a athlete growing up but that’s fine just easier to grasp if was understanding team
You must really be a Calapari and UK fan ? How’s that working recruiting the “NBA” caliber guy . Big Memphis fan also ?

Gillis or Hunter transfer ? Or are they buying in to Painter system you think regardless of their role. If Painter thought freaking Marcus Carr was last link to a FF he would have tried harder for him

quit watching NBA bro and trying compare it to collegiate game. Ivey is going to be averaging 35-36 minutes a game come Jan 1st. We would really be able utilize his talents if Carr shucking up 30% 3’s and taken ball out of his hands

embarrassing takes fella

embarrassing
We’ve got 2 stud bigs, scoring 28 ppg between them, making 66% of their shots, AND a top 5 draft pick, and we need a ball-stopping, 30% 3 point shooter to come in and take shots away from them. MMMKAY….

embarrassing takes fella

embarrassing
You’re so triggered. Take a step back, take a deep breath. It’s going to be OK.

You’re so triggered. Take a step back, take a deep breath. It’s going to be OK.
Christmas eve bro I even wished you a happy holiday, not triggered at all.

We all make bad takes, this was a really poor one. All good boiler up bone

We’ve got 2 stud bigs, scoring 28 ppg between them, making 66% of their shots, AND a top 5 draft pick, and we need a ball-stopping, 30% 3 point shooter to come in and take shots away from them. MMMKAY….
No, we need someone who’s a secondary ball handler, who can create open looks for Ivey, dribble penetrate and draw the D to open space for the bigs.

No, we need someone who’s a secondary ball handler, who can create open looks for Ivey, dribble penetrate and draw the D to open space for the bigs.

And Marcus Carr is doing that for Texas with his 3.3 assists per game?
Look for Ivey to have the ball in his hands more. He single handily changed the Connecticut games against NC and Nova penetrating and dishing to teammates for 3's and getting to the rack as well. We need for Ivey gain more minutes going forward and secondary roles by the other guards.

Here endeth the lesson, happy holidays!

And Marcus Carr is doing that for Texas with his 3.3 assists per game?
Look for Ivey to have the ball in his hands more. He single handily changed the Connecticut games against NC and Nova penetrating and dishing to teammates for 3's and getting to the rack as well. We need for Ivey gain more minutes going forward and secondary roles by the other guards.

Here endeth the lesson, happy holidays!
So, we’re in agreement that Carr would have been a great secondary ball handler? Now we’re getting somewhere.
(by the way, 3.3 assists/game is pretty good. Look at IT and EH assist numbers. IT averages 1 assist). Carr is also averaging about 9 Pts/game .

Last edited:
So, we’re in agreement that Carr would have been a great secondary ball handler? Now we’re getting somewhere.
(by the way, 3.3 assists/game is pretty good. Look at IT and EH assist numbers. IT averages 1 assist). Carr is also averaging about 9 Pts/game .
I think that misses the point. Purdue as a team gets assists on about 60% of its made field goals and 88% of its made three point shots. Purdue is a very good passing team. You don’t really want every basket to be assisted because it is important to be scoring in a variety of ways. Also, Painter likes a lot of ball reversals before getting a shot. IT and Hunter move the ball early in the possession which is what Painter wants. Carr historically is the kind of player who tries to break down the defense on his own and that is rarely going to be as hard to defend as the offense that Purdue runs. Maybe he’s being used differently at Texas, but what I saw at Minnesota is not what Purdue needs in its offense.

Reactions: Purdue85 and BBG
ADVERTISEMENT