ADVERTISEMENT

We made PJ Fleck tap out…

What was Hope’s record against Minn? Just curious. I remember Hope got blown out by Minnesota and the rumors started on this board he was secretly fired on his way home that night and his prize recruit Gregory decommited and ended up going to nebraska(?). And Morgan received a verbal agreement from the guy who ended up going to nc state. Minn games are always filled with so many memories! An no I’m not just making stuff up. I’m just quoting the regulars that post here. I cannot guarantee what they posted was the truth, I can only quote them. If you like, go back in time and read the posts after hope was blown out on that fateful day in hope history!

What was Hope’s record against Minn? Just curious. I remember Hope got blown out by Minnesota and the rumors started on this board he was secretly fired on his way home that night and his prize recruit Gregory decommited and ended up going to nebraska(?). And Morgan received a verbal agreement from the guy who ended up going to nc state. Minn games are always filled with so many memories! An no I’m not just making stuff up. I’m just quoting the regulars that post here. I cannot guarantee what they posted was the truth, I can only quote them. If you like, go back in time and read the posts after hope was blown out on that fateful day in hope history!
I think that was the game that killed him, although losing to Rice with second left didn't do him any favors. Crazy thing was after beating us into the ground the first 3 quarters (like 3 long bomb TD passes) we made a game of it in the fourth, just couldn't get there. And we close out the season winning against all the I's to get to the bowl game, but he was already toast.

2 minutes left and 3 TOS and he didn’t want any more punishment.

Just glad I won’t have to see any Brohm/Danny Hope comparisons tonight.
no, but maybe you'll be watching the iu game tonight. Great job by CJB

I think that was the game that killed him, although losing to Rice with second left didn't do him any favors. Crazy thing was after beating us into the ground the first 3 quarters (like 3 long bomb TD passes) we made a game of it in the fourth, just couldn't get there. And we close out the season winning against all the I's to get to the bowl game, but he was already toast.
Yup, that was a very bad weekend for Hope!

Hope was 2-2

That guy is coaching #10 NC State and only has 2 losing seasons in his career.

That guy is coaching #10 NC State and only has 2 losing seasons in his career.
The rumor was Morgan had a verbal agreement with him after hope lost to Minnesota. Unfortunately for Purdue, he ended his season on a high note and was offered the nc st job and decided to take it over the Purdue offer. And Morgan then went scrambling trying to find another coach and ended up with Hazell. Makes you think a lot of what ifs.

The rumor was Morgan had a verbal agreement with him after hope lost to Minnesota. Unfortunately for Purdue, he ended his season on a high note and was offered the nc st job and decided to take it over the Purdue offer. And Morgan then went scrambling trying to find another coach and ended up with Hazell. Makes you think a lot of what ifs.
This is not true. There was never any agreement of any kind for Doeren to come to Purdue, verbal or otherwise. It’s not even apparent that Doeren even interviewed for the job. Doeren was on the shortlist of Burke’s but at the time Barry Alvarez told Doeren that taking the Purdue job was a dead end.

This is not true. There was never any agreement of any kind for Doeren to come to Purdue, verbal or otherwise. It’s not even apparent that Doeren even interviewed for the job. Doeren was on the shortlist of Burke’s but at the time Barry Alvarez told Doeren that taking the Purdue job was a dead end.
There are many posts by respected posters on this board that would disagree with you! My information and source is this forum! Are you saying those other posters lied and provided us misinformation?

• Haha
Reactions: johnboiler123
There are many posts by respected posters on this board that would disagree with you! My information and source is this forum! Are you saying those other posters lied and provided us misinformation?
Of course you are just plain confused once again. Burke had a verbal agreement with Butch Jones to come to Purdue and then he got on a plane in WL and took the job at Tennessee. Butch Jones used Purdue as leverage.

Yes, I am saying you don’t know WTF you’re talking about.

Doeren was not a serious contender because he did not want to come to Purdue - at least not at that time.

Reactions: Indy_Rider
Of course you are just plain confused once again. Burke had a verbal agreement with Butch Jones to come to Purdue and then he got on a plane in WL and took the job at Tennessee. Butch Jones used Purdue as leverage.

Yes, I am saying you don’t know WTF you’re talking about.

Doeren was not a serious contender because he did not want to come to Purdue - at least not at that time.
Neither Doeren at NC State nor Butch at Tennessee worked out. Guess things worked out for Purdue?

Neither Doeren at NC State nor Butch at Tennessee worked out. Guess things worked out for Purdue?
Huh? Doeren is still at NC State and has done pretty well. I assume he’d have done about the same here. I’d say it’s a miss on our part considering we had to endure Hazel to get to somebody maybe better?

ADVERTISEMENT