ADVERTISEMENT

Way too early 2023 NFL draft predictions

Aug 14, 2008
Admittedly some, ok maybe a lot of homerism here but I see the following guys getting drafted next year from Purdue:

Locks assuming no major injuries:

1) O'Connell

2) Graham

3) Wright

Decent to Good possiblity based on season:

4) Durham

5) Allen

6) Grant

7) Trice

8) G. Miller (lock in 2024, but may show enough this coming year)

9) L. Johnson

Last edited:
Hartwig is a junior this year. Doubt he leaves. Grant is doubtful too unless his angles get a whole lot better

my guess is hartwig stays. after seeing where yancy was drafted(7th round) , and the many high caliber players who went undrafted this year(ND WR, Rutgers WR, Baylor RB, Ariz st OL, Iowa RB, IU OL, and that QB), i highly doubt wright will be drafted. O'Connell is questionable. Look at how low this year's best Qbs were drafted. NFL teams are more interested in the combine than game performance stats. Look what happened to Bell - a bad combine lowered his draft stock almost to the 4th round despite his success on the field. Horvath was drafted primarily because of his combine results. if wright doesn't play, it's unlikely he'll receive a combine invitation.

Sorry thought Hartwig was a senior this year. My bad.

I dont think Grant missed a game this year. Pretty sure he's missed every spring and certainly missed playing time the previous 2 years.

my guess is hartwig stays. after seeing where yancy was drafted(7th round) , and the many high caliber players who went undrafted this year(ND WR, Rutgers WR, Baylor RB, Ariz st OL, Iowa RB, IU OL, and that QB), i highly doubt wright will be drafted. O'Connell is questionable. Look at how low this year's best Qbs were drafted. NFL teams are more interested in the combine than game performance stats. Look what happened to Bell - a bad combine lowered his draft stock almost to the 4th round despite his success on the field. Horvath was drafted primarily because of his combine results. if wright doesn't play, it's unlikely he'll receive a combine invitation.
I'm expecting Wright makes the grades. I would think he would have declared if it weren't a possibility. He's taller than Bell and faster. He will put up big numbers this year.

ADVERTISEMENT