ADVERTISEMENT

Watching the 1994 team beat IU on B10 Classics

1994 instead of 84. 84 was a good team as well (15-3 in the B1G). We missed a true center in 94. Rashard Griffith would have been that guy.
Griffith was looking for a deal. He asked Glenn, during Griffith official visit, how much he was making playing with us. He was shocked when Glenn told him that he was not getting a deal. That is when he lost interest in us.

Even without Griffith, we still could have won the NC in 1994, if Glenn does not get hurt doing play wrestling the night before the Duke game.

Griffith was looking for a deal. He asked Glenn, during Griffith official visit, how much he was making playing with us. He was shocked when Glenn told him that he was not getting a deal. That is when he lost interest in us.

Even without Griffith, we still could have won the NC in 1994, if Glenn does not get hurt doing play wrestling the night before the Duke game.
Yep, we needed a center though. Cherokee Parks had 15 points and 10 boards in the Duke game. Big Dog injury was huge but not having a big also hurt. If we could only transport Haas, Hammons, or Edey back in time.

Man we had a really good team, a deep team. Robinson, Martin, Waddell, Brantley, Jennings, Stanback, Roberts. Dove. Wow!
It was fun to watch for sure...I recorded it actually to watch it with my son, as, I remember that particular game, and, I wanted him to see it as it was a great game, and, to see Big Dog...just another of so many great performances by him.

They played that on BTN tonight right after a "Michigan Classic" where Michigan stole one at Purdue against that same team...was still an enjoyable game to watch, but, also annoying yet today to have blown a late lead (and, to watch Ed Hightower AND Tom Rucker both suck just as I remember so well).

It was fun to watch for sure...I recorded it actually to watch it with my son, as, I remember that particular game, and, I wanted him to see it as it was a great game, and, to see Big Dog...just another of so many great performances by him.

They played that on BTN tonight right after a "Michigan Classic" where Michigan stole one at Purdue against that same team...was still an enjoyable game to watch, but, also annoying yet today to have blown a late lead (and, to watch Ed Hightower AND Tom Rucker both suck just as I remember so well).

The better "Michigan Classic" was in Ann Arbor later that season..... :)

Tom Rucker being bad in that game must have been an anomaly. He was one of best back in those days. Hightower? Well you know….

Last edited:
Tom Rucker being bad in that gamemust have been an anomaly. He was one of best back in those days. Hightower? Well you know….
I watched the unc game from earlier this year the other night and man after watching that well oiled machine I said to myself what a shame the way the season ended.

Reactions: DAG10
ADVERTISEMENT