ADVERTISEMENT

watching nw - terps

don't think we beat nw neither, they're not very talented but play hard and their qb will present some problems

I think that’s the biggest takeaway from all of it.

Add an incompetent coach. A nonsensical D scheme. A soft mentality. A physically soft team. A team with poor fundamentals. We actually play WORSE than our talent level.

We could hire an average G5 level coach and things couldn’t help but be better. With deeper pockets than we have ever had…I know we can do better than that. Time to find fit (scheme, culture, players)vs trying to find the lighting in the bottle guy.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
don't think we beat nw neither, they're not very talented but play hard and their qb will present some problems
IU had to wear NW down to win their game.
In my nearly 60 years of watching football, have I ever seen a team that was so willing to quit during a game.....
I once held a position that allowed me to be on the sidelines of the visiting team during Purdue football games.
During the Coletto Era, a Lou Holtz ND team was dominating Purdue and when they were on offense during the 4th Quarter, ND offensive lineman started telling Purdue defensive lineman where the ball was going to be run to...
When Holtz figured out what was going on, he called a TO and brought his team to the sideline and chewed them out for being jerks....After the game, Holtz approached several Purdue Players and congratulated them for playing hard and not quiting.
It's pretty obvious that the current Purdue team minus a few players, 1. Don't play hard and avoid contact.
2. Are poorly coached and no gains in player development were made over the past year.

Fred Akres use to coach/supervise practices from a dirds nest overlooking all of the practices. When his seat got hot, he came down onto the practice field and went hands on with the players...
Several players told me then that they knew the end was near as soon as Akers changed his coaching habits and went away from there preseason schemes.
I see the same thing happening now with CRW. He is coaching on the offensive side of the ball while at the same time his defense is reeling......
Lord, help our Boilers.....

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT