ADVERTISEMENT

Watching Hoosiers wide open offensive style

destewart

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 5, 2001
exemplifies the reasons the recruiting gap will widen without a change in philosophy and coaching style that will appeal to the young offensive minded players of today.

Only caught the last quarter of their game, but agree, they played with a lot of energy and joy. Now watching Lady Boilers and they look much better tonight except for the MADDENING, multiple run-the-shot-clock-to-the-bitter-end plays, and throw up a prayer. Luckily, they are hitting well enough to have a surprising lead. Go figure

Go figure. Why did they not play like this for the last ten league games.

Inconsistency is the name of the game. They opened with five cupcake wins and then lost 4 of their next 8. Won 2 and lost 1. Won 3 and lost 1. Won 2. Lost 3. Won 1. Lost 3. Won 1. Lost 3 and have now won 2. Excluding their soft opening they never won more than 3 in a row and never lost more than 3 straight. It all added up to 5-0, 12-14 and now 2-0 in BTT.

Sadly, after 12 years with the same coach we still have been riddled by player defections and recruiting misses so we lack any depth whatsoever and received zero points from our bench.Meanwhile a team that kicked two players off its roster was able to substitute complete teams and run us into the ground to the extent that our overworked starters had nothing left in the final ten minutes. Their bench scored 16 points and we lost by 15!

No doubt. We need something more. I don't know how we could get the quality of coach we need with the lack of support from the AD.

No doubt. We need something more. I don't know how we could get the quality of coach we need with the lack of support from the AD.
What evidence do you have that there is a lack of support from the A.D.?

I have a feeling there may be some serious (more than routine) end-of-season review of this program by the AD. I hope so. There’s an article in the Lafayette J&C in the last 24 hours that is pretty spot-on, describing the under-performance and inconsistency of the team and coaching staff. I don’t have a link, the article just popped up on my phone newsfeed. (I wouldn’t know how to link it anyway...techno-challenged here. )

The writer says much of the same things found on this message board. So it’s clearly obvious to their sports department that there is a problem here.....

The writer of the article, Mike Carmin, stated that the Lady Boilers are not elligible for the WNIT. So we may know in the next few days if SV stays or not.

The writer of the article, Mike Carmin, stated that the Lady Boilers are not elligible for the WNIT. So we may know in the next few days if SV stays or not.
psu told their coach to hit the road the other day, we need to follow that.

That is interesting as they clearly qualify for the NIT and with a team so young and coming back it might be very good experience. On the other hand, this team is worn out and maybe just needs to rest. In the air too might be the coaching situation. Who knows, but most teams in their position would play in the NIT. We will hear more.

Reactions: bsaus
That is interesting as they clearly qualify for the NIT and with a team so young and coming back it might be very good experience. On the other hand, this team is worn out and maybe just needs to rest. In the air too might be the coaching situation. Who knows, but most teams in their position would play in the NIT. We will hear more.

I think the announcement can happen anytime now. I don't think that MB2 would fire SV this past weekend and distract from the MBB team winning the Big Ten Championship. This week would be a better time. Also, all coaching candidates that Purdue are interested in will still be coaching their teams 2 to 3 weeks from now.

Still, the opportune time is this week to let the WBB world know that Purdue is looking for a new HC and plans to go back to the national spot light.

ADVERTISEMENT