ADVERTISEMENT

Warren Wallace resigns as Heritage Christian basketball coach.

"After talking with my pastor, attorney and family, I have decided to resign as head coach."

Uhh... Maybe it's as benign as a contract dispute, but I rarely consult my attorney when considering whether to leave my job.

Reactions: pboiler18
This sounds bad. Rarely do high school coaches leave mid season. I’m also a little surprised at their record. Normally having a division 1 recruit on a high school team can carry that team on his back.

Last edited:
They have not been winning as many games as they should with Colvin on the team. As a senior skilled as he is, he should be carrying the team To more wins. Are there some internal issues we don’t know about with the kids? Given Paint’sapproach to getting the right personalities on the team, I would not think there are issues with Miles, but who knows?

I would suspect the only reason an attorney is involved is to to look at and review possible teacher settlement clauses.

I don’t follow Indiana basketball enough to know if their loses or wins were against strong teams. I would think with a Player of his talent, he would carry the team much like Pete Maravich and other guards have carried their teams.

As teaching goes, normally if a change occurs it would occur at the semester break.

They have not been winning as many games as they should with Colvin on the team. As a senior skilled as he is, he should be carrying the team To more wins. Are there some internal issues we don’t know about with the kids? Given Paint’sapproach to getting the right personalities on the team, I would not think there are issues with Miles, but who knows?
I won't get into it but your way off.

Reactions: mathboy
I would suspect the only reason an attorney is involved is to to look at and review possible teacher settlement clauses.

I don’t follow Indiana basketball enough to know if their loses or wins were against strong teams. I would think with a Player of his talent, he would carry the team much like Pete Maravich and other guards have carried their teams.

As teaching goes, normally if a change occurs it would occur at the semester break.
I know some of what happened IMO don't blame the coach. Not going into it .

So blame the players, parents, or administration? You could elaborate more because people will start to assume it's an issue with Myles, which doesn't seems fair based purely on speculation. @oldboiler52

Heritage is a small school.

I won't get into it but your way off.
I just wanted to know if Miles was part of the issue. Some jerk on the IU site is spreading rumors that Miles has "wrecked" the team and will
"wreck" the Purdue's team chemistry. You don't have to go into any details. Just want confirmation that this guy is way off base.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
So blame the players, parents, or administration? You could elaborate more because people will start to assume it's an issue with Myles, which doesn't seems fair based purely on speculation. @oldboiler52
Or just don’t blame anyone. Why blame anyone if you don’t know what happened?

I just wanted to know if Miles was part of the issue. Some jerk on the IU site is spreading rumors that Miles has "wrecked" the team and will
"wreck" the Purdue's team chemistry. You don't have to go into any details. Just want confirmation that this guy is way off base.
Neighborhood drinking buddy sends his kids to Heritage and they play basketball, albeit for the junior high team. I'll start off by saying from what I've heard over the last couple of months that Wallace was way in over his head and just not well-versed to coach a talent like Colvin, more or less he's an idiot. That being said, he has referred to Colvin as a "malcontent" and has undermined Wallace multiple times throughout the year both during practices and during games. Has attitude issues that go beyond just a competitive nature. Colvin was recently benched for an incident and outburst from a previous game and it didn't sit well with Myles or the family and the rift continued into practice the following week.

Have not seen or spoken to said neighbor since the resignation but a wild hunch tells me it's directly related to the rift between Colvin and the coach.

Neighborhood drinking buddy sends his kids to Heritage and they play basketball, albeit for the junior high team. I'll start off by saying from what I've heard over the last couple of months that Wallace was way in over his head and just not well-versed to coach a talent like Colvin, more or less he's an idiot. That being said, he has referred to Colvin as a "malcontent" and has undermined Wallace multiple times throughout the year both during practices and during games. Has attitude issues that go beyond just a competitive nature. Colvin was recently benched for an incident and outburst from a previous game and it didn't sit well with Myles or the family and the rift continued into practice the following week.

Have not seen or spoken to said neighbor since the resignation but a wild hunch tells me it's directly related to the rift between Colvin and the coach.
I've been on both sides of this description. The coach who was forced to handle an impossible situation and a parent who felt the coach was handling his personnel wrong. (His son was on the HS team). None of it, in my specific case, spilled over into college. It was HS --- water way over the dam. Painter will not be considered an idiot or over his head by either the player or his family.

The true story will be leaked eventually.

And based on history and experience , those posters who dare to speculate and are called out for posting BS are usually spot on and close to the truth.

Reactions: oldboiler52
I've been on both sides of this description. The coach who was forced to handle an impossible situation and a parent who felt the coach was handling his personnel wrong. (His son was on the HS team). None of it, in my specific case, spilled over into college. It was HS --- water way over the dam. Painter will not be considered an idiot or over his head by either the player or his family.
True.

It's likely Colvin just needs to be in a much more competitive environment than what he was in at HC and a little maturing between the ears will be the natural next step playing for a coach like Painter who won't tolerate any nonsense.

Says the guy who welches on bets when he loses.

ZERO CREDIBILITY.

• Haha
Reactions: Inspector100
Why would anyone believe a proven liar?
I don't care if you believe me or not, it's totally irrelevant nor changes anything of what has been relayed to me. A bad attituded 17-18 year old, the horror. Must be the first of his kind ever.

I don't care if you believe me or not, it's totally irrelevant. A bad attituded 17-18 year old, the horror. Must be the first of his kind ever.
Bad attitude....go figure. Shocker an IU that doesn't pay up on bets would say such a thing. Btw, have you paid up....yet??

Bad attitude....go figure. Shocker an IU that doesn't pay up on bets would say such a thing. Btw, have you paid up....yet??
I haven't said anything about Colvin other than relaying what a parent of one of his teammates has repeatedly said for the last couple months during our monthly poker night. Colvin isn't the first D1 recruit with attitude issues nor is he the last. He'll either figure it out at Purdue or he won't and that'll be the end of it.

Reactions: oldboiler52

They fired him that's the Lawyer

Reactions: Boiler_HD

Or just don’t blame anyone. Why blame anyone if you don’t know what happened?
Because with cryptic statements people will make assumptions? I'm not blaming anyone merely pointing out that if there is some factual info that could go a long way in avoiding troll with no info whatsoever.

So, if I repeat what people I don't know say to me that's fair? Just because I believe what they are saying doesn't make it true. Here is what I have seen with my own eyes. Early on this season Myles didn't start a game the announcers said coaches' decision. So, I assumed that's why. Two weeks ago, he fouled out of a game when he came past the scorer's table, he slammed down on it and was T'd up for it. Then he created some sort of a rift with his bench. The next game he didn't start. That game he got T'd up which was his 5th foul in a close game. I couldn't hear what he said but the fact he was animate after the ref called the foul and counted his basket seemed weird. He didn't get the free throw because of the technical foul. His team went on to win without him. The game after his 2nd technical and with a new coach he started. People DM a lot about all kinds of stuff related to Purdue recruits. Most of which I have no clue about. My usual response is to find out if someone I trust can verify their claim. But for me to accuse a kid or parent of something I would need undisputed evidence. Not just multiple people repeating the same rumor. This is a really talented team IMO even without Myles and their record should be better. There are always two sides of the story. Once again, I have no facts. I have done nothing to verify what people are saying or trying to discredit them. My last post on this tread because I have said all I KNOW in this post.

I haven't said anything about Colvin other than relaying what a parent of one of his teammates has repeatedly said for the last couple months during our monthly poker night. Colvin isn't the first D1 recruit with attitude issues nor is he the last. He'll either figure it out at Purdue or he won't and that'll be the end of it.
Did you pay @Sophie1970 what you owe him?

I'll start off by saying from what I've heard over the last couple of months that Wallace was way in over his head and just not well-versed to coach a talent like Colvin, more or less he's an idiot.
If true, I'm more worried that Myles may not be developing the proper basketball skills and habits. More than once this year, CMP has mentioned how well coached Smith and Loyer were in high school and that has really help them step in the way they have in their freshman season. No doubt Myles is a talent, but good Basketball coaching in high school would help him even more next year.

If true, I'm more worried that Myles may not be developing the proper basketball skills and habits. More than once this year, CMP has mentioned how well coached Smith and Loyer were in high school and that has really help them step in the way they have in their freshman season. No doubt Myles is a talent, but good Basketball coaching in high school would help him even more next year.
And I think that's always been one of the bigger mysteries; why has he stayed put at Heritage this whole time? Heritage has never been known as a basketball school (at least from the Boys perspective) and he's always played on a lower tier grassroots program. He doesn't play very good competition night in and night out and he's significantly better than the competition that surrounds him.

And I think that's always been one of the bigger mysteries; why has he stayed put at Heritage this whole time? Heritage has never been known as a basketball school (at least from the Boys perspective) and he's always played on a lower tier grassroots program. He doesn't play very good competition night in and night out and he's significantly better than the competition that surrounds him.
TKR = redshirt, Heide = redshirt

Reactions: tenwest
So, if I repeat what people I don't know say to me that's fair? Just because I believe what they are saying doesn't make it true. Here is what I have seen with my own eyes. Early on this season Myles didn't start a game the announcers said coaches' decision. So, I assumed that's why. Two weeks ago, he fouled out of a game when he came past the scorer's table, he slammed down on it and was T'd up for it. Then he created some sort of a rift with his bench. The next game he didn't start. That game he got T'd up which was his 5th foul in a close game. I couldn't hear what he said but the fact he was animate after the ref called the foul and counted his basket seemed weird. He didn't get the free throw because of the technical foul. His team went on to win without him. The game after his 2nd technical and with a new coach he started. People DM a lot about all kinds of stuff related to Purdue recruits. Most of which I have no clue about. My usual response is to find out if someone I trust can verify their claim. But for me to accuse a kid or parent of something I would need undisputed evidence. Not just multiple people repeating the same rumor. This is a really talented team IMO even without Myles and their record should be better. There are always two sides of the story. Once again, I have no facts. I have done nothing to verify what people are saying or trying to discredit them. My last post on this tread because I have said all I KNOW in this post.

I appreciate the response. Not all of us are in the trenches, and certainly prefer to hear info from you vs some IU trolls.

Wishful thinking from a true loosier.

I've wondered the same thing. But Mom and Dad Colvin obviously are looking beyond playing against the top competition.

And when you know where your children will go to college from the moment they are born, what good will more "exposure" do for them?

Reactions: Smokestack91
ADVERTISEMENT