ADVERTISEMENT

Wandale Robinson

I do too. If we get Wandale.... we get JJ. If we get JJ we get Wandale. Both are good friends

Kentucky fans are already upset they lost Grant to us. If Purdue pulls this double snag, there will be a meltdown on Twitter. It will be a great time to grab some popcorn and enjoy the meltdown.
If we get Johnson, it will be a great time to enjoy the meltdown of all the NW trolls posting on our board lately.

Reactions: Purdue11
A few days ago, the coaches hinted we might be adding a speedster. I am hoping that is Wandale. He is a great player in his own right, and it improves our chances at landing JJ. JJ is going to be playing on Sundays. He would help the defense immediately. Karliftas and Grant are great pickups because they arleady have the size and ability to help immediately. Adding JJ would give them one more player to help that defense immediately. 3 instant upgrades will be important because of everything Purdue lost on the defensive end last year.

A few days ago, the coaches hinted we might be adding a speedster. I am hoping that is Wandale. He is a great player in his own right, and it improves our chances at landing JJ. JJ is going to be playing on Sundays. He would help the defense immediately. Karliftas and Grant are great pickups because they arleady have the size and ability to help immediately. Adding JJ would give them one more player to help that defense immediately. 3 instant upgrades will be important because of everything Purdue lost on the defensive end last year.
It wasn't "the coaches"...it was Brohm's son. And that reference was about Craig Young.

It wasn't "the coaches"...it was Brohm's son. And that reference was about Craig Young.

Craig Young would not be considered a "speedster".....unless it's relative to the TE position, which he could end up being. Wandale is certainly a speedster and could very well be who Brohm's son or the coaches or whoever was referring to.

Craig Young would not be considered a "speedster".....unless it's relative to the TE position, which he could end up being. Wandale is certainly a speedster and could very well be who Brohm's son or the coaches or whoever was referring to.
How is young not a speedster? He’s just got third at state in the 100. And he’s not going to be a tight end, just a tall receiver

I took the Tweet to be more about the incoming freshman class than any potential new recruit. I.E. Rondale Moore. Shouldn't they be arriving on campus soon? Maybe even this weekend.

How is young not a speedster? He’s just got third at state in the 100. And he’s not going to be a tight end, just a tall receiver
It has been reported by Land of Ten (If memory serves me correctly) that O$U is recruiting him as a TE. If he bulked up he has the size to be a pass catching TE. I am not saying that is what he wants or what will happen, but I wouldn't rule it out either.

Young is without a doubt considered a speedster.

Reactions: ChuckJr
I took the Tweet to be more about the incoming freshman class than any potential new recruit. I.E. Rondale Moore. Shouldn't they be arriving on campus soon? Maybe even this weekend.

They should be arriving but since they signed the staff could have referred to them by name, so no reason to not mention his name

I stand corrected. I thought I read somewhere that he only ran a 4.6 in the 40. I must have gotten him confused with someone else. So, with his size and speed, why isn't he rated any higher?? Is he just not as polished?? Does he have issues catching the ball??

I stand corrected. I thought I read somewhere that he only ran a 4.6 in the 40. I must have gotten him confused with someone else. So, with his size and speed, why isn't he rated any higher?? Is he just not as polished?? Does he have issues catching the ball??

Could be catching issues. Maybe viewed as a tweener between a TE and WR makes him hard to rate.

Reactions: Walt34
4.6 is still really fast. I believe Keller was clocked at a 4.65 and as a TE that is pretty fast.

His high school has been pretty bad historically in FW. They only recently started doing well, young came in with a lot of athletes. The problem is they don’t utilize him very well, only caught 29? Passes and ran 30 some times all year. He’d probably get more attention if he went to Snider or Bishop Luers

His high school has been pretty bad historically in FW. They only recently started doing well, young came in with a lot of athletes. The problem is they don’t utilize him very well, only caught 29? Passes and ran 30 some times all year. He’d probably get more attention if he went to Snider or Bishop Luers
Does he play both sides of the football? CB? S?

It may be that with his height and stride he just doesn't get up to speed until 40+ yards into a sprint.

And rating services are probably only 30% of the way thru making ratings updates to the 2019 class. Tons of summer camps still and of course senior seasons.

Is Wandale a RB or WR in Brohm’s offense? Either way he will play immediately at Purdue. What a great opportunity for the Kid.

I think YES is the answer if he’s a RB or WR

He’ll be another Moore. Catch some, run some jet sweeps, maybe snaps as a RB.

The staff will get him the ball

Reactions: Nerdberts
there is an article on 24/7 by Wiltfong that talks about an "instate speedster " and he is referring to Young. I believe that article is what is being cryptically referenced in calling somebody a speedster. It has nothing to do with his actual speed, but rather to the article talking about Young's official visits.

I actually would be surprised if he ends up at Purdue. Brohm is in on a lot of receivers in this class and already has Rondale with Anthrop already proven in the slot. On the other hand we don't really have any proven 6'2+ outside receivers yet so I think most schollies will go in that direction. Brian has been guessing that we will get 4 receivers in this class. Rice is committed, Sounds like Young will be committing, and we are recruiting Milton Wright and David Bell as high priorities. Bell and Young know each other and like each other by the sounds of it and may come together.

It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out but I think Brohm will try to land more taller outside receivers in this class and Wandale will go elsewhere. Just my guess though.

Reactions: SKYDOG and ChuckJr
I actually would be surprised if he ends up at Purdue. Brohm is in on a lot of receivers in this class and already has Rondale with Anthrop already proven in the slot. On the other hand we don't really have any proven 6'2+ outside receivers yet so I think most schollies will go in that direction. Brian has been guessing that we will get 4 receivers in this class. Rice is committed, Sounds like Young will be committing, and we are recruiting Milton Wright and David Bell as high priorities. Bell and Young know each other and like each other by the sounds of it and may come together.

It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out but I think Brohm will try to land more taller outside receivers in this class and Wandale will go elsewhere. Just my guess though.

If we got Wandale I’d try to get him up to 190 lbs and play RB. He could still motion into the slot on occasion, but to me his best position is a Darren Sproles role and just get him the ball. Looks like he played a lot of rb/qb in high school anyway

It would make our offense almost unstoppable if he’s coming out of the backfield, with Bell/Rice/Moore at WR.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT