ADVERTISEMENT

Walters swinging for the fences

I have to believe v those were areas he established contacts in while at Illinois. He knows the players and coaches. It’s a very fruitful area to recruit

Reactions: pboiler18
Looks like the coaching staff is in Indy today, hopefully they make a trip to ft Wayne to visit some of the best in the Indiana class for next year. I like seeing this! Hopefully they are on Johnson too, kids are future stars!

Last edited:
Reactions: Purdue80
Looks like the coaching staff is in Indy today, hopefully they make a trip to ft Wayne to visit some of the best in the Indiana class for next year. I like seeing this! Hopefully they are on Johnson too, kids are future stars!
He said he wants to build a fence around the state to keep the best going to Purdue. We will soon in the next class if that starts to happen.

Reactions: Schnelk
Indiana has a ton of 4 star offensive linemen. And they are not going to mich, OSU, nd and those other powerhouses. They are going to Iowa! Purdue would be awesome if they could just stop the Iowa invasion of Indiana linemen.

Reactions: krf3632
I like it. My friend is helping with their recruiting as an advisor. He took them to the Tennessee vs Bama game. He told me prior to that game that Mylan was a strong OSU lean and tae tae a ND lean, but after that game they both were talking highly of Tennessee, but what he saw and smelled in the locker room was crazy and moronic for an institution. As someone who practices in the legal field. He couldn't believe that women could walk around in the locker room and the stench of marijuana.

It will be interesting if Mylan makes the jump to Carroll and play with Jimmy Sullivan. Heard it all depends on them playing 7v7 together.

I like it. My friend is helping with their recruiting as an advisor. He took them to the Tennessee vs Bama game. He told me prior to that game that Mylan was a strong OSU lean and tae tae a ND lean, but after that game they both were talking highly of Tennessee, but what he saw and smelled in the locker room was crazy and moronic for an institution. As someone who practices in the legal field. He couldn't believe that women could walk around in the locker room and the stench of marijuana.

It will be interesting if Mylan makes the jump to Carroll and play with Jimmy Sullivan. Heard it all depends on them playing 7v7 together.
Thanks for the insight, always interesting to hear what goes on behind the scenes. Just put a good word in for Purdue while you are at it lol. Those two guys are terrific athletes so hopefully Purdue shows them something that gives them a serious look at least but if not they have earned where ever they choose! Those are the kind of guys in the future Walters hopefully doesn’t let out of the state!

Thanks for the insight, always interesting to hear what goes on behind the scenes. Just put a good word in for Purdue while you are at it lol. Those two guys are terrific athletes so hopefully Purdue shows them something that gives them a serious look at least but if not they have earned where ever they choose! Those are the kind of guys in the future Walters hopefully doesn’t let out of the state!
Crazy, he said he thought Tayven would transfer out to IU after the season. I posted that back in Oct after the game. Might be true

Nice to see him offered and visiting! Not sure if Brohm ever offered but this is the first time I’ve seen Purdue involved with him. Northern Indiana kid that did great things for Northwood, I like the offer!
Just talked to the person that actually took them. He had very high praise for Walters and thought Purdue was going to get some Hom run recruits. The same guy was asked from another parent when is Purdue going to offer...it was Grant Leeper out of Homestead. He said Leeper is going to be a flat out stud. Well, now I hope we offer him.

Just talked to the person that actually took them. He had very high praise for Walters and thought Purdue was going to get some Hom run recruits. The same guy was asked from another parent when is Purdue going to offer...it was Grant Leeper out of Homestead. He said Leeper is going to be a flat out stud. Well, now I hope we offer him.
Nice to hear, hopefully that happens especially with some of the Indiana guys. I remember Leeper playing basketball with Loyer last year but other than that I didn’t know he played football. What class is he in?

Nice to hear, hopefully that happens especially with some of the Indiana guys. I remember Leeper playing basketball with Loyer last year but other than that I didn’t know he played football. What class is he in?
2023. I believe he told me this was his first year of football. He told me that he's got great hands and is a handful.

Reactions: ChuckJr
Leeper played football for the first time this year so he hasn't been recruited much until very recently. If you watch his film, you see an athletic and agile kid with good hands in a 6'7" frame who if he can put on weight, has a ton of upside.

He now has offers from Wake Forest, IU and Iowa, although both IU and Iowa have offered him as a grayshirt. He's visiting Wake Forest and Iowa over the next 4-5 days.

Reactions: Poprudy
Leeper played football for the first time this year so he hasn't been recruited much until very recently. If you watch his film, you see an athletic and agile kid with good hands in a 6'7" frame who if he can put on weight, has a ton of upside.

He now has offers from Wake Forest, IU and Iowa, although both IU and Iowa have offered him as a grayshirt. He's visiting Wake Forest and Iowa over the next 4-5 days.
My buddy said he was coaching their AAU team and they were playing a team from Detroit. I guess, this team was talking smack about a bunch of white boys. First play of the game Leeper came down and dunked on a kid. Supposedly he's a shit talker as well even to Andrew is older brother....I like gritty in sports.

Reactions: ChuckJr

Crazy to get high major looks after playing just 1 year of football!
Be interesting to see if the TE from Mt. Vernon signs with Purdue on Feb. 1st, he looks to be a very good athlete too!

Reactions: pboiler18
Crazy to get high major looks after playing just 1 year of football!
Be interesting to see if the TE from Mt. Vernon signs with Purdue on Feb. 1st, he looks to be a very good athlete too!
Lepper committed to Iowa. Will be a grayshirt.

It’s amazing how many Indiana HS kids Iowa gets. Hope Walters can put an end to this in the near future.
majority of them are OL and TE's which Iowa has a rep for which probably plays into some these kids decisions

ADVERTISEMENT