ADVERTISEMENT

VOTE: who do you want for the next HC in Football?

The ideal next coach for Purdue is...

• Mark Hagen

Votes: 17 7.9%
  • Chris Klienman

Votes: 25 11.6%
  • Jim Leonard

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Dave Clawson

Votes: 85 39.4%
  • JaMarcus Shepard

Votes: 33 15.3%
  • Paul Chryst

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • David Hasselhoff (but only with Kitt as OC)

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • Kevin Sumlin

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • Jeff "Tractor" Traylor

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Lou Anarumo

Votes: 4 1.9%

• Total voters
what? no Black Panther ???????? Eastern Illinois is the home of the Black Panther. he's in their hall of fame with his poster hanging at their stadium. We NEED the Black Panther. if we can't get Payton Manning, we need to go after the other Payton. he's the real Black Panther.

what? no Black Panther ???????? Eastern Illinois is the home of the Black Panther. he's in their hall of fame with his poster hanging at their stadium. We NEED the Black Panther. if we can't get Payton Manning, we need to go after the other Payton. he's the real Black Panther.
my realistic pick is Clawson, always has a competetive team, runs a nice O, similar school as far as recruiting, also recruits GA and FLA well, involved w. the community down in WS

I see Hasselhoff is starting to pull away from the pack. Good Choice. Not only a coach with great hair and a potential killer stache, but half time entertainment as well!
david hasselhoff singing GIF

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
Can we get some no votes. Because there aren't enough no votes that I could buy to say no to Kevin Sumlin. If we hire that guy, we deserve what we get.
I can get with Kevin for a GM/VP of player personnel role. Working behind the scenes to get proven players with NIL money.

forget the NIL money. that's as unlikely as some of the names being mentioned. Until Purdue moves to some big city that has a lot of private businesses with owners being stupid, nobody around Lafayette is going to come forward with a whole lot of NIL money. Engineers don't waste their money paying athletes, and neither do companies like Ely Lilly.

a shout out to the John Purdue Club....... do you want your members to finance your proposed stadium upgrades? or do you want them to give their money to an athlete instead? they are not doing both.

I don’t show Coach Allen’s name listed
The poll only allowed for 10 picks. :( I was going to add Hop Sing as well (I mean if he can cook for Hoss and little Joe, imagine what kind of a team he could cook up in West Lafayette) but I think he's dead.

why isn't Drew Brees on that list? That's who I've wanted ever since he graduated. I realize he has no experience, but I have little doubt he'd be very good.

Reactions: old 23 and drewjin
why isn't Drew Brees on that list? That's who I've wanted ever since he graduated. I realize he has no experience, but I have little doubt he'd be very good.
I'd drop Traylor for Drew since he doesn't have any votes, but it won't let me edit it. :(

Reactions: BoilerTom90
Jamarcus has taken a slim lead over David (and Kitt), with Clawson running a close third! It's still anybody's race, folks! Who will be the fans choice as next Head Coach for Purdue University???

I voted for Hagen because he is my number one on the list. But I would’ve gone with either Dan Mullen or Garrett Riley who are my top two on the wish list.

Reactions: Tommaker
Is everyone feeling that Brian Brohm is going to Louisville no matter what? If not, wouldn't he be just a good a choice if not better than Leonhard?

Last edited:
Is everyone feeling that Brian Brohm is going to Louisville no matter what? If not, wouldn't he be just a good a choice if not better than Leanhard?
Yes and maybe? I think you would then have the "Heir apparent" with Brian to Louisville for when Jeff leaves (unless he was leaving as a loser, in which case they probably wouldn't want to double down on a Brohm).

Maybe Glenn Schumann from Georgia. Dan Lanning worked at Oregon, maybe a young dude that can recruit. Bring a good staff

ADVERTISEMENT