ADVERTISEMENT

Vols fans: the gift that keeps on giving.

bonefish1

All-American
Oct 4, 2004
Check out this post from their forum.
All-star Internet gold whinery right there.
If anyone knows this poster or has access to the Vols forum, PLEASE ask him to visit here. This guy would be too much fun to debate.

My suspicion though is that the moonshine, possum pie and chewing tabacco combination was in his head when he posted.

https://www.volnation.com/forum/threads/total-corruption.337120/

Yes, I’m enjoying my Sunday morning coffee at the expense of UT fans….but could someone slap some sense into these banjo playing goobers and make them realize that college overtime isn’t sudden death.
A ton of these ignorant inbreds seem to believe that if the officials would have called that OT stop at the 1 a td, that the game was over.
I get that meth use is a huge problem in TN, but has it really made 50% of Vols fans even dumber?
(the refs make the correct call….and it still stands).

I just read them. Wow. It may be good not to wear any Purdue clothes in TN in foreseeable future (maybe 10 years). They will probably still remember even after that.

If the reverse happened and Purdue was on the short end, many on this board would be upset but after learning the rules, they would accept it and move on.

Being a sports fan for 50 years, I have realized that it is absolutely ridiculous to single out and dwell on ONE play and not acknowledge the rest of the game. TN's defense was horrible; they gave Purdue at least free 2 TD's (maybe more). The most notable was allowing the Purdue tight end to run almost 70 yards unfettered into the end zone while surrounded by 4 TN defenders. Had TN done a decent job defensively, they would have been up by 2 scores and won the game.

But lets dwell on one play (which after learning the rules, was correctly called)

Last edited:
Blatant holding and a crap call that kept us out of the end zone. You know it too.
Do me a favor: can you start bottling those tears and ship them down to me? They would be great for the garden.
But wait, wait, do you think UT prevents PU from scoring on a final possession? Just like the fantom TD in OT was the game winner? (You realize college OT isn’t sudden death, right?)

And the refs just confirmed, your RB was stopped at the 1. Call stands!

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES INVITE THESE PEOPLE HERE.

And news flash, fans are upset and not always rational when their team loses.
But, it’s just too enjoyable. And just like IU fans, UT fans deserve to be laughed at.

Reactions: bodog57
I just read them. Wow. It may be good not to wear any Purdue clothes in TN in foreseeable future (maybe 10 years). They will probably still remember even after that.

If the reverse happened and Purdue was on the short end, many on this board would be upset but after learning the rules, they would accept it and move on.

Being a sports fan for 50 years, I have realized that it is absolutely ridiculous to single out and dwell on ONE play and not acknowledge the rest of the game. TN's defense was horrible; they gave Purdue at least free 2 TD's (maybe more). The most notable was allowing the Purdue tight end to run almost 70 yards unfettered into the end zone while surrounded by 4 TN defenders. Had TN done a decent job defensively, they would have been up by 2 scores and won the game.

But lets dwell on one play (which after learning the rules, was correctly called)
But, AOC missed 2 wide open TD throws as well and gave them 2 gift INTs.

All points to the fact that Ned Beatty should have kicked the FG to at least give his team a chance.

Blatant holding and a crap call that kept us out of the end zone. You know it too.

Here's what we're blatantly holding....

10825254.jpg

But, AOC missed 2 wide open TD throws as well and gave them 2 gift INTs.

The one where Aiden threw to the DE on the zone blitz was all on him. On one of the others I think he was throwing to where the receiver was supposed to be. Not surprising as he had not worked that much with some of these receivers.

I don't remember what happened on the third one.

Note he got lucky when he made the same mistake on a zone blitz later in the game and the DE dropped the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT