ADVERTISEMENT

Virginia governor Northam

PurdueFan1

All-American
May 29, 2001
Wow, what a mess. And he just made it much worse with that disaster of a news conference. He needs to resign immediately.

OK, I get it that we are in a new world order of being mindful of everything you say, but even to my slightly left leaning tendencies this seems a bit over the top.

We're talking about a guy who was essentially in a Halloween costume over 30 years ago. Was it in bad taste? Absolutely. Is that a fire-level offense? I just don't see it.

We've got Kavanaugh who allegedly tried to rape a girl. OK, I can see it being a big deal.
We've got Franken who allegedly tried to grope a girl and enjoyed an excuse to plant a wet one on someone other that his wife. A little harder, but OK, I can see it.

I just don't get the huge outrage on this one. If he did it a year ago, maybe. But this was 35 freaking years ago, and as a joke. If we are going to hold people accountable in their jobs for jokes they told as young adults, unemployment would jump up to the %50 level.

The movie Soul Man was made in 1986 and was a movie about a guy essentially doing the same thing and all of the "hilarious" things that ensued. While we can argue about the particular merits of that movie now, at the time it was considered funny. I know that using the "it was a different time" argument doesn't necessarily make it right, but this just seems real low on the "should I be offended" scale.

Now, his response to the situation has been idiotic. He might deserve to be fired based on that alone. I think if he had just stuck with the good old fashioned "I'm sorry", this would have been forgotten in a week.

Reactions: Bill4411
OK, I get it that we are in a new world order of being mindful of everything you say, but even to my slightly left leaning tendencies this seems a bit over the top.

We're talking about a guy who was essentially in a Halloween costume over 30 years ago. Was it in bad taste? Absolutely. Is that a fire-level offense? I just don't see it.

We've got Kavanaugh who allegedly tried to rape a girl. OK, I can see it being a big deal.
We've got Franken who allegedly tried to grope a girl and enjoyed an excuse to plant a wet one on someone other that his wife. A little harder, but OK, I can see it.

I just don't get the huge outrage on this one. If he did it a year ago, maybe. But this was 35 freaking years ago, and as a joke. If we are going to hold people accountable in their jobs for jokes they told as young adults, unemployment would jump up to the %50 level.

The movie Soul Man was made in 1986 and was a movie about a guy essentially doing the same thing and all of the "hilarious" things that ensued. While we can argue about the particular merits of that movie now, at the time it was considered funny. I know that using the "it was a different time" argument doesn't necessarily make it right, but this just seems real low on the "should I be offended" scale.

Now, his response to the situation has been idiotic. He might deserve to be fired based on that alone. I think if he had just stuck with the good old fashioned "I'm sorry", this would have been forgotten in a week.

You know, if he had just owned it and used it as a genuine talking point, he may have gotten through this okay. Instead, he flip flopped after first admitting it was him and then saying it wasn’t, thereby turning it into a complete $hit show. A flip flopping politician.....didn’t know they existed lol

Rather strange coincidence that the dems were taking big time heat for his comments on abortion and then within hours his yearbook page appears. This yearbook has been out there since 1984 and the WAPO didn't think of having someone do a little background check on the guy? Or perhaps the dems did have it all along but didn't want to release it until now?

Reactions: SDBoiler1
Now Fairfax is saying that Northam's camp released WaPo's rape allegation cover-up.

Fairfax's alleged rape victim has gone public and retained the same attorney as Blasey-Ford.

Bernie fakes a phone call to avoid answering questions.

Last edited:
Rather strange coincidence that the dems were taking big time heat for his comments on abortion and then within hours his yearbook page appears. This yearbook has been out there since 1984 and the WAPO didn't think of having someone do a little background check on the guy? Or perhaps the dems did have it all along but didn't want to release it until now?

Everything I have seen or read has a conservative group having made the photos public. Plus almost immediately the Lieutenant Governor was accused of sexual assault by the same group. Strange

Everything I have seen or read has a conservative group having made the photos public. Plus almost immediately the Lieutenant Governor was accused of sexual assault by the same group. Strange

The Russians used sophisticated photo shop to get Northam in the picture. Undetectable by the CIA. If you read this you can no longer say everything you read points to conservatives. FYI my sources are probably just as good as 90% of that stuff out there.

The Russians used sophisticated photo shop to get Northam in the picture. Undetectable by the CIA. If you read this you can no longer say everything you read points to conservatives. FYI my sources are probably just as good as 90% of that stuff out there.
Well that is frightening. I am beginning to distrust everything.

Well that is frightening. I am beginning to distrust everything.
I should have added a tic after my post. Sorry.
But the media on all levels is getting suspect. Who was it that said the Commies will take over the media and than the US, without firing a shot?

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Didn’t the accusation just come out today or yesterday? Calm down. It’s not like the right where he would get elected president.
depends if you count how long WaPo sat on the story I suppose.

great job trying to move the goal posts again, you are a good little lib

Yawn. Okay.

In case you aren't familiar with this jackass, he's in the past openly celebrated that he's only here to troll. This time last year, he was on this board incessantly pre-crowing over #releasethememo lol

I'm sure the WaPo sitting on this also has something to do with the Clinton Foundation, Loretta Lynch, and Amazon's ongoing social engineering.

The kind of idiotic things these idiots get fixated on. The party of missing the forest.

Yawn. Okay.

In case you aren't familiar with this jackass, he's in the past openly celebrated that he's only here to troll. This time last year, he was on this board incessantly pre-crowing over #releasethememo lol

I'm sure the WaPo sitting on this also has something to do with the Clinton Foundation, Loretta Lynch, and Amazon's ongoing social engineering.

The kind of idiotic things these idiots get fixated on. The party of missing the forest.

Trolls gonna troll. He’s apparently twitter stalking me too. He clearly needs a job.

Trolls gonna troll. He’s apparently twitter stalking me too. He clearly needs a job.

Half the posters on this board get their lib-owning fix from right wing Twitter then proceed to rush here so they can start the circle jerk before their friends do.

Do Republicans finally care about racism? I anxiously await them addressing politicians and media members in their own house.

Reactions: miksta

The left wants to tear down monuments of some of America’s best because of their view on slavery 250 years ago. And you’re surprised that people have a problem with someone dressed as a klansman in 1980?

WE BELIEVE THE SURVIVORS!

Wait...they're accusing a black democrat now?

WE BELIEVE THE ACCUSED!
WE BELIEVE THE ACCUSED!
WE BELIEVE THE ACCUSED!

Wait...they're accusing a black democrat now?

WE BELIEVE THE ACCUSED!
WE BELIEVE THE ACCUSED!
WE BELIEVE THE ACCUSED!

I moved on her like a bitch
You can grab them by the pussy.

This was said by an entitled republican? Elect him president!

The hypocrisy is a bit glaring.

Reactions: miksta
I moved on her like a bitch
You can grab them by the pussy.

This was said by an entitled republican? Elect him president!

The hypocrisy is a bit glaring.

And there is literally no mass-defense the way the right knee-jerked over Kav and screamed "HIT JOB!!!"

And they're seriously trying to compare the magnitude of a lifetime appointment to the USSC to a state's LT Governor? gtfo

And they're seriously trying to compare the magnitude of a lifetime appointment to the USSC to a state's LT Governor? gtfo
Fairfax's victim will be happy to know that her sexual assault is less important to libs because her attacker is only a Lt. Governor.

Fairfax's victim will be happy to know that her sexual assault is less important to libs because her attacker is only a Lt. Governor.

As far as newsworthiness and impact on the union, yes, that's accurate.

Do you actually think about things outside of the "what are liberals doing or saying" construct? The lack of intellectual curiosity on the right is so damn depressing.

Reactions: indy35
The left wants to tear down monuments of some of America’s best because of their view on slavery 250 years ago. And you’re surprised that people have a problem with someone dressed as a klansman in 1980?
So you think proslavery views were fine then?
"Yes, Mrs. Lincoln but other than the shooting, how did you like the play?"

As far as newsworthiness and impact on the union, yes, that's accurate.

Do you actually think about things outside of the "what are liberals doing or saying" construct? The lack of intellectual curiosity on the right is so damn depressing.
And the absolute hypocrisy by you and your brethren isn't even surprising anymore. You guys have become caricatures that everyone is pointing and laughing at over your selective outrage over a wide array of topics.

Your deeply held beliefs we have learned - aren't so deep.

And the absolute hypocrisy by you and your brethren isn't even surprising anymore. You guys have become caricatures that everyone is pointing and laughing at over your selective outrage over a wide array of topics.

Your deeply held beliefs we have learned - aren't so deep.

??? Nobody in this thread is defending Fairfax or trashing his accuser. You're screaming at a tree.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT