ADVERTISEMENT

Very Proud of This Team...

BoilerInChiTown

True Freshman
Oct 5, 2016
Lack a couple difference makers, but put up a good fight against an excellent team. Even with a lose, this team make me proud to be a Boiler.

Get a couple of difference makers and we will be getting back to BIG championship again. I also think we will do well on our bowl game. Boiler the f@$! up.

Lack a couple difference makers, but put up a good fight against an excellent team. Even with a lose, this team make me proud to be a Boiler.

Get a couple of difference makers and we will be getting back to BIG championship again. I also think we will do well on our bowl game. Boiler the f@$! up.
Completely agree with this. Very proud of this team. 17 wins in two years with a bowl game still to play. Incredible how far we have come over the last 6 years!

Now what we need is a mobile quarterback with the accuracy of Aidan. Not sacking their quarterback cost us. Hopefully we'll have an accurate QB who can extend the play with his legs in the future.
Bingo. Loved Aiden but if we can’t move out of the pocket our redzone offense is garbage. That’s why we scored 6 times and lost.

I too could not be more proud of the entire Purdue organization. Won the West and played hard against a highly paid, errr, I mean solid UM team.

Very happy for the Boilers on a GREAT B10 season.

Now go kick some bowl butt!

Haaa!!! There were 2 minutes left and we were running the ball up the middle with a backup linebacker. I've seen Jim run it up. That wasn't it
It was 2nd down and it was 1:22 left. And it was Mullings who scored the TD on the opening drive of the half, it’s not like you had your backups in. Why not take two knees and call it a game? You guys fumble it and we take it to the house he would have been the biggest idiot…

Reactions: drewjin
It was 2nd down and it was 1:22 left. And it was Mullings who scored the TD on the opening drive of the half, it’s not like you had your backups in. Why not take two knees and call it a game? You guys fumble it and we take it to the house he would have been the biggest idiot…
Kalel Mullings is a linebacker. Just stop the running plays.

Reactions: Honest John75
Went to the game. Very proud of the Boilers playing a potential national champion even for the three quarters. UM fans out numbered us by 65/35% but it really had no effect on the fame. UM fans that I encountered downtown and at the game were all pleasant. The offsides on the FG attempt was a huge play. Dumb mistakes have plagued us all year. McCarthy is a really good college QB. AOC to Jones may be the best Purdue combo ever. Jones deserves a shot in the NFL. Great receiver. I thought Brohm called a great game. I have had my frustrations with Brohm but he has made the program respectable.

Pretty good showing. Kept it close. Should have been a 14 point loss but harbaugh pounded it in after brohm stopped calling timeouts instead of taking a knee. Classless and glad brohm took the high road.
Taking knees wouldn't have drained the clock down to zero lol

Watching the game, we did not get dominated. However, looking at the score, where did all those Michigan points come from? One of those games where we had more plays , more yards, more first downs, but lost on the score. Very proud of this team!

Michigan did run up the score. No need to score the last TD. That was just Harbaugh being an ass.

:cool:

Reactions: POTFHBTFU
They don’t teach math in Ann Arbor?
1:27 took snap on 2nd down. Taking a knee takes a few seconds plus 40 second play clock. Take a knee on third down with about 44 seconds. Might have 2 seconds on 4th down and they just hold onto ball for 2 seconds or just throw it through endzone. Only way it stops is if Purdue uses last timeout which brohm wasn’t going to do or he would have used it after first down.

Reactions: drewjin
Went to the game. Very proud of the Boilers playing a potential national champion even for the three quarters. UM fans out numbered us by 65/35% but it really had no effect on the fame. UM fans that I encountered downtown and at the game were all pleasant. The offsides on the FG attempt was a huge play. Dumb mistakes have plagued us all year. McCarthy is a really good college QB. AOC to Jones may be the best Purdue combo ever. Jones deserves a shot in the NFL. Great receiver. I thought Brohm called a great game. I have had my frustrations with Brohm but he has made the program respectable.
Was the game sold out?

maybe 15,000 Purdue fans, very underwhelming for a Champ game played in the team's home state
People keep saying that, but when they did the "Let it be", there were an awful lot of lights up in the cheap seats 400-500-600 levels. unfortunately they don't get the camera shots and the noise generated isn't as loud.

No problem with them scoring a garbage TD at the end.

Don't like it, stop it. This isn't intermurals, this is Big Ten football.
I didn't mind it either, they were all run plays. The 4th and 2 run they just steamrolled the right side, some here are just grasping at straws to point out a perceived negative about the better team.

Reactions: Boiler8285
People keep saying that, but when they did the "Let it be", there were an awful lot of lights up in the cheap seats 400-500-600 levels. unfortunately they don't get the camera shots and the noise generated isn't as loud.
didn't know of people saying that, just judging on the screen, the bottom level looked 75% yellow and blue.

didn't know of people saying that, just judging on the screen, the bottom level looked 75% yellow and blue.
I thought the bottom level was split between the schools and Purdue sold their allotment so should have been close to 50/50 unless JPC members were selling their tix to Um fans.

Yep, Jim H. was guarding against the 15 point play.
Would not have been so funny if an o lineman had torn a knee on a few meaningless plays in the trenches.

They don’t teach math in Ann Arbor?
1:27 took snap on 2nd down. Taking a knee takes a few seconds plus 40 second play clock. Take a knee on third down with about 44 seconds. Might have 2 seconds on 4th down and they just hold onto ball for 2 seconds or just throw it through endzone. Only way it stops is if Purdue uses last timeout which brohm wasn’t going to do or he would have used it after first down.
If UM were to rename themselves, they would be the Michigan Turtles. With the exception of PSU, MSU, and OSU, they have spent the entire season turtling. What UM tried to do against MSU was running it up when they ran a trick play late in the 4th quarter. Everyone else has gotten the vanilla treatment. The runs were simple advertised plunges up the middle. Easy enough to stop. If there was some kind of sophisticated run fit, you might have a point. Mullings was a RB who was shifted to LB and did not do very well as a LB. He made a change for the team when it was not the best thing for him. I don't have a problem with him getting another shot to run for a TD.

Michigan is not about running the score up. It is about being as boring as possible. If Harbaugh can hold on to his RPS calls for another day, he would rather not show them. But he will allow his players compete.

Disagree. We need to stop them if we don’t want them to score.
If UM were to rename themselves, they would be the Michigan Turtles. With the exception of PSU, MSU, and OSU, they have spent the entire season turtling. What UM tried to do against MSU was running it up when they ran a trick play late in the 4th quarter. Everyone else has gotten the vanilla treatment. The runs were simple advertised plunges up the middle. Easy enough to stop. If there was some kind of sophisticated run fit, you might have a point. Mullings was a RB who was shifted to LB and did not do very well as a LB. He made a change for the team when it was not the best thing for him. I don't have a problem with him getting another shot to run for a TD.

Michigan is not about running the score up. It is about being as boring as possible. If Harbaugh can hold on to his RPS calls for another day, he would rather not show them. But he will allow his players compete.
That’s fine. It doesn’t change the fact he could have taken knees to end the game and chose to try to score again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT