ADVERTISEMENT

Very Disappointing 1-2 Start To The 2022 Season

ghostoffatjack

Sophomore
Jun 15, 2013
For lack of a better term too many boneheaded penalties, calls and players out of position in the first two loses. We are playing like the 2022 White Sox but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. The season and the West Division is still wide open and if Purdue can play, make the right calls and in be in right position they certainly can contend for the West Division Title!

For lack of a better term too many boneheaded penalties, calls and players out of position in the first two loses. We are playing like the 2022 White Sox but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. The season and the West Division is still wide open and if Purdue can play, make the right calls and in be in right position they certainly can contend for the West Division Title!
I had us at 2 -1 to start the season so far, don't share you're optimism on the west. It's one thing for a team to beat you but when you have an issue w/ beating yourself that adds on to the challenge.

I had us at 2 -1 to start the season so far, don't share you're optimism on the west. It's one thing for a team to beat you but when you have an issue w/ beating yourself that adds on to the challenge.
Certainly Purdue has to clean up their game! The Minnesota and Wisconsin games are the Title deciders!

We do a few things things well like stopping the opposing RB and passing (the Oconnell to Jones connection is on historic pace).

Unfortunately, we are bad to absolutely embarrassing in about every other facet of the game.

Reactions: Boiler8285
Certainly Purdue has to clean up their game! The Minnesota and Wisconsin games are the Title deciders!
Which, is not good news in any way...as, Wisconsin owns Purdue, and, Fleck owns Brohm.

The only thing saving this team potentially is that the schedule is so bad...but, assuming they lose to Minnesota (again) and Wisconsin (again)...even if they were to win the rest somehow (unlikely), 8-4 without a single quality win (after having given two wins away) is not an accomplishment of any genuine sort.

Year 6 with a 6th-year QB was supposed to be some magical "breakthrough" season, and, right now, it is just more of the same.

We are still seeing the same problems that we have seen for several years, even pre Brohm.

We have the OL play well from time to time, but not dominate or be consistent. They are only consistent about being inconsistent.

We cannot get to the quarterback consistently on defense, so the QB can pick our secondary apart. We have not had bookends at DE, since the Tiller years.

We make stupid penalties at the absolute worst times. Our Special Teams is anything, but special.

We could have had King out there. It wouldn't matter. We have no running game, because we cannot recruit, or retain, a decent RB. The last RB that was decent was Knox.

Etc. Etc. Yeah, we could still win the West with a favorable schedule, but the West has been weak before, and we have not been able to do it, so I don't know why this year would be any different, so no, I don't think we win the West.

It is the same Purdue team, but different year. Let's be honest. We want this to change, then we need to embrace the NIL and pay for some difference makers.

We are still seeing the same problems that we have seen for several years, even pre Brohm.

We have the OL play well from time to time, but not dominate or be consistent. They are only consistent about being inconsistent.

We cannot get to the quarterback consistently on defense, so the QB can pick our secondary apart. We have not had bookends at DE, since the Tiller years.

We make stupid penalties at the absolute worst times. Our Special Teams is anything, but special.

We could have had King out there. It wouldn't matter. We have no running game, because we cannot recruit, or retain, a decent RB. The last RB that was decent was Knox.

Etc. Etc. Yeah, we could still win the West with a favorable schedule, but the West has been weak before, and we have not been able to do it, so I don't know why this year would be any different, so no, I don't think we win the West.

It is the same Purdue team, but different year. Let's be honest. We want this to change, then we need to embrace the NIL and pay for some difference makers.
All great points, including the last one, where it is just as unlikely to happen as it is for Purdue to be any different than it has been as you already had laid out.

Even at that...if you can't manage the clock...don't know the distance of a critical play...don't hold players accountable or get away from a culture that fosters or condones lack of discipline...don't have coaches that can do their job (namely DC and OL coach(es))...all the NIL $ in the world is STILL not going to be enough.

Nil is not going to change this team. Nil money sure hasn’t helped Texas or Texas a&m You need to stop the nil excuses! It’s obvious how and why we lost to PSU and Syracuse. It’s not about money or talent. It’s about focus, discipline and coaching. It’s sad when your most experienced players are the ones who need the most focus and discipline! Tell me again what our strength was supposed to be. I thought it was our secondary and our receivers!

I know many here hate boring low scoring games. But bowl games are decided by a team’s record, not how many passing yards they put up!

Nil is not going to change this team. Nil money sure hasn’t helped Texas or Texas a&m You need to stop the nil excuses! It’s obvious how and why we lost to PSU and Syracuse. It’s not about money or talent. It’s about focus, discipline and coaching. It’s sad when your most experienced players are the ones who need the most focus and discipline! Tell me again what our strength was supposed to be. I thought it was our secondary and our receivers!

I know many here hate boring low scoring games. But bowl games are decided by a team’s record, not how many passing yards they put up!
Thank goodness they are not decided by rushing yards, as, Purdue would not even be eligible for consideration as long as Brohm is HC.

I loved the posts that said we need to give him 4 years before we can criticize him!

ADVERTISEMENT