ADVERTISEMENT

Versyp interviewed on Indy Sports 97.5 Query & Schultz...

DocRon

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2001
Sheridan , Michigan
(I streamed it on iHeart Radio since we get NO WBB coverage from GBI.) Pretty softball questions except the last one which asked about her recent lack of success. These are not exact quotes but close -- Versyp said she was absolutely sure the team would turn around this coming year. With both Bria Harmon coming in, who is a more of a "facilitator point guard", and especially Rickie Woltman, who is a "stretch-4 and ranked 24th in nation", we will greatly enhance our team. Both can contribute immediately. We will have the depth we were lacking. Versyp also complimented Daniels and Bo and said how much she was really enjoying working with them.

For reference, per ESPN 3* Harmon (5'7") is ranked as 27th PG in nation and 5* Woltman (6'2") is ranked 4th in nation.

As has been becoming clear, it does not sound like any change is being made this year.

(I streamed it on iHeart Radio since we get NO WBB coverage from GBI.) Pretty softball questions except the last one which asked about her recent lack of success. These are not exact quotes but close -- Versyp said she was absolutely sure the team would turn around this coming year. With both Bria Harmon coming in, who is a more of a "facilitator point guard", and especially Rickie Woltman, who is a "stretch-4 and ranked 24th in nation", we will greatly enhance our team. Both can contribute immediately. We will have the depth we were lacking. Versyp also complimented Daniels and Bo and said how much she was really enjoying working with them.

For reference, per ESPN 3* Harmon (5'7") is ranked as 27th PG in nation and 5* Woltman (6'2") is ranked 4th in nation.

As has been becoming clear, it does not sound like any change is being made this year.
She's going to get 1 more year to attempt to straighten this out, all 5 starters return, top 3 bench players, a transfer, and these 2 Frosh to be, no reason at all to not expect a top 3 league finish with a shot to play into the tourneys second week, if this doesn't happen Sharon must go!

Reactions: DocRon

I forgot to include that Versyp said another improvement for next year is that 6' forward Jenelle Grant, who could not play last year due to transfer rules, will be a valued addition this coming year.

I do wish that they would have asked her why she did not play in the NIT and from where that decision came.

I forgot to include that Versyp said another improvement for next year is that 6' forward Jenelle Grant, who could not play last year due to transfer rules, will be a valued addition this coming year.

I do wish that they would have asked her why she did not play in the NIT and from where that decision came.

Reactions: DocRon
All 5 starters, Wilby, Grant, Hardin, Diagne, plus 2 recruits should leave the women with the deapest team they've had in years, key is having no one leave.

Well, less than a week after getting a verbal from a promising post player we are replacing our post player coach, LWH, who is leaving to pursue other coaching opportunities. How do you like the optics of that one?

Well, less than a week after getting a verbal from a promising post player we are replacing our post player coach, LWH, who is leaving to pursue other coaching opportunities. How do you like the optics of that one?
Des, I've explained this before, I'm with you on getting a new Coach, however, it seems like Bobinski is going to give her another year, as a Purdue grad and diehard fan I want to see the ladies do well next year. Let's be honest, girls hoops at the NCAA level is about 4 or 5 teams every year that can win a title, until that is fixed not many people care.

Reactions: rgarlitz
Des, I've explained this before, I'm with you on getting a new Coach, however, it seems like Bobinski is going to give her another year, as a Purdue grad and diehard fan I want to see the ladies do well next year. Let's be honest, girls hoops at the NCAA level is about 4 or 5 teams every year that can win a title, until that is fixed not many people care.

Of course he is. Thst’s What he is paid to do. As someone who has been following Purdue wbb since the days of Ruth Jones I have seen the evolution and the devolution. And the defining difference in success and failure is the coach. Versyp is 0-7 vs Notre Dame, but Muffet has a losing record against Purdue. So how did that happen? Summit is gone and Geno may have seen his finest hours. Who will be tomorrow’s power teams in wbb?

Of course he is. Thst’s What he is paid to do. As someone who has been following Purdue wbb since the days of Ruth Jones I have seen the evolution and the devolution. And the defining difference in success and failure is the coach. Versyp is 0-7 vs Notre Dame, but Muffet has a losing record against Purdue. So how did that happen? Summit is gone and Geno may have seen his finest hours. Who will be tomorrow’s power teams in wbb?
I hope Purdue, I'm in agreement, Sharon isn't the Coach to take us there. Having said that, I hope the ladies have a great season next year, I never want to see any sport at Purdue fail.

Reactions: Bigohh and WaltV
I hope Purdue, I'm in agreement, Sharon isn't the Coach to take us there. Having said that, I hope the ladies have a great season next year, I never want to see any sport at Purdue fail.

Likewise. But saying you are committed to elite level Wbb and demonstrating that commitment are two
different things. When a coach has been around 13 years and has not won a regular season Big Ten Title or been to a Final Four, and all four of her predecessors had won one or more Big Ten titles and three of the four had been to a Final Four in the previous 13 years, the odds are not in your favor.

we say that every year and they end up in December with 7 healthy players and no backup for Harris.
True the hell that lol. Look, this is April, from past experiences I expect 2-3 ladies leave, all I'm saying is as of now.

Likewise. But saying you are committed to elite level Wbb and demonstrating that commitment are two
different things. When a coach has been around 13 years and has not won a regular season Big Ten Title or been to a Final Four, and all four of her predecessors had won one or more Big Ten titles and three of the four had been to a Final Four in the previous 13 years, the odds are not in your favor.
Well said!!!

Who will be the powerhouses of the future? ND, Baylor, Miss St, Oregon, Stanford, South Carolina and perhaps MD.

Who will be the powerhouses of the future? ND, Baylor, Miss St, Oregon, Stanford, South Carolina and perhaps MD.
Agree. Would add Louisville to that list, and I think UConn continues to be top 5 nationally for the foreseeable future.
Will be curious to see how Tennessee fares under a new coach.
Gosh I wish the B1G had a stronger presence... and would LOVE for that to once again be led by Purdue at some point.
I just don't want us to become that classic "definition of insanity" ... you know, doing the same thing over and over....etc

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT