ADVERTISEMENT

USA East Coast team with Aaron & Sasha.....

Maybe you aren't aware how rankings work. It isn't ranked based on who has the best stats. Wasn't William's averaging like 25 pts/25 rebs or something crazy like that?

Either way, the argument wasn't that Dow was bad. It was that he isn't ranked as a 247 4*. See ya douche.

My, my...…….that'll do. An exposed troll lecturing me on facts...……..tell us all another one. Trash away.

Dow is currently ranked 201st 3* by the 247 site. It's directly under his composite ranking in the link I sent.

Pit claimed William's had lost MOST of his excess weight. If he is 6'9" 300 lbs, then that isn't accurate either.

Both players might be good this coming season. I haven't seen either of them play, so I don't know. I have seen Sasha play.

Actually, I restated that I thought I saw that he was losing weight and hitting it hard. I didn't have a number...….

Reactions: oldboiler52
And I'm sure we can expect some more make believe research from you. Don't forget to get that bio corrected LOL.
Make believe? Which part of my posts were wrong? I dont care whether or not Purdue has incorrect information in their Purdue bios.

Actually, I restated that I thought I saw that he was losing weight and hitting it hard. I didn't have a number...….
What I no from my son is that he’s under 300 now I may have said he’s slimming down. Like 290 it’s still early with lots of time for Tre to try to get to the target weight they think he will most comfortable at. Remember he could carry the weight it’s how effective he can me being in better shape and that I believe he will be

Its pretty much a guarantee that any thread where BoilerIronhead makes an appearance turns to trash. He is the poster child of why the free board should probably be shut down...or at least have peegesque mods who don't hesitate to ban idiots.

Its pretty much a guarantee that any thread where BoilerIronhead makes an appearance turns to trash. He is the poster child of why the free board should probably be shut down...or at least have peegesque mods who don't hesitate to ban idiots.
I literally gave an opinion, and because it wasn't all rainbows and sunshine, the apologists (like you) come out of the woodwork. Instead of stating counter arguments backed up with evidence, you and your little dog come in here and just call me a troll. Please show me where anything I said in this thread was inaccurate.

Reactions: KisteK
I literally gave an opinion, and because it wasn't all rainbows and sunshine, the apologists (like you) come out of the woodwork. Instead of stating counter arguments backed up with evidence, you and your little dog come in here and just call me a troll. Please show me where anything I said in this thread was inaccurate.

Well you were at least accurate in saying that it was "your opinion". Not sure how much weight that carries around here after your exposure. You couldn't even hold this dog's leash...….we done here.

I watched the same games as you. Does my opinion count as fact?

I watched the same games as you. Does my opinion count as fact?
I never stated my opinions were facts. You watching the game and coming to a conclusion different than mine, is way different than someone not watching the games, but telling me my opinions are wrong and calling me a troll for the opinions that I have.

Reactions: KisteK and nagemj02
You're not a Purdue fan. Get lost.

Reactions: New Pal Boiler
It amazes me how we have so many experts on how much someone should weigh, how strong they need to be, etc. Every player is different. I remember hearing the same stuff on JJ, Hummel, Kramer, Moore, Edwards, Haas, Grant, Lew Jack, etc. Don't expect much from them, they're to skinny, so young, etc and I think they all contributed significantly as freshman. I expect the same to happen this season.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
I kind of agree that BoilerIron is getting the short end of the stick because he tends to be a bit brash, confrontational, and his posts tend to have an air of ‘calling others out.’ Just try not to take what he is saying personally...we can’t all sit here and have a big circle jerk with each other and expect any sort of quality discussion to occur. His posts aren’t, for the most part, negative towards the players themselves (I’d have to go back and really refresh my memory on that because I don’t log people’s posts unless they are an absolute douche)...so I tend to value his (and other’s) difference of opinion.

Instead of both side (BI is guilty as well) getting in a tizzy about something...take a step back, take a breath, and see if you can ask for clarification or for a better description from the other side.

I kind of agree that BoilerIron is getting the short end of the stick because he tends to be a bit brash, confrontational, and his posts tend to have an air of ‘calling others out.’ Just try not to take what he is saying personally...we can’t all sit here and have a big circle jerk with each other and expect any sort of quality discussion to occur. His posts aren’t, for the most part, negative towards the players themselves (I’d have to go back and really refresh my memory on that because I don’t log people’s posts unless they are an absolute douche)...so I tend to value his (and other’s) difference of opinion.

Instead of both side (BI is guilty as well) getting in a tizzy about something...take a step back, take a breath, and see if you can ask for clarification or for a better description from the other side.
Problem with iron is that he's been caught in lies and isn't even a Boiler and is just pretending. He was called out and exposed on that by a few posters a while ago.

But you're not wrong in your post. When I originally came here I was less sh!tposty and more discussiony but this forum doesn't really have many discussions on here that don't turn in to crap. And it isn't any one person really, it's just the extremely loose moderation of the site that could be easily fixed but I just don't see it happening.

Problem with iron is that he's been caught in lies and isn't even a Boiler and is just pretending. He was called out and exposed on that by a few posters a while ago.

But you're not wrong in your post. When I originally came here I was less sh!tposty and more discussiony but this forum doesn't really have many discussions on here that don't turn in to crap. And it isn't any one person really, it's just the extremely loose moderation of the site that could be easily fixed but I just don't see it happening.
I’ve spent more time on the football side lately and I haven’t seen Iron wander over there yet. I just know I’ve seen the two of you go head to head a few times. Keep it to discussion with posters who show their ability to discuss facts and opinions that are strong...and the trolls will go away.

Reactions: BBG
I’ve spent more time on the football side lately and I haven’t seen Iron wander over there yet. I just know I’ve seen the two of you go head to head a few times. Keep it to discussion with posters who show their ability to discuss facts and opinions that are strong...and the trolls will go away.
Fair enough. Seems like they still stick around, but you make a good point.

The final game provided a few more grainy highlights of our guys.

A pair of 3s from Sasha
giphy.gif

Sasha's 3rd triple gave the USA the lead for good with 1:47 left in the game
giphy.gif

Sasha rebound to Aaron for the lay-up
giphy.gif

Aaron with a 3 & a long 2 from pick-n-pop action (2nd one from Sasha)
giphy.gif
My emoji did not post. Just playing. I was going to hang in it up for a few months due to the shit going on with these IU clowns posting over here. The only reason I got back in was due to these two. Boilermakers playing basketball and growing as people.

boiler iron made a good point as a player's ratings do change throughout their senior year of play. We saw Eastern, IT, and Edwards' player ratings all change . I suspect we will see Gillis' rating be lowered because of his injury. Dow's rating when he first committed was a 4 star rating. and that's reflected in that article written over a year ago. I'm unsure what happened during his senior year, but as more analysists saw him play, his rating dropped to a 3 star rating. I doubt his skills diminished, but other players emerged and their ratings climbed like Carsen's did. So both posters are right. At one time he was a 4 star, but he's now listed as a 3 star. Do you go with the 4 star rating because it's higher? or the 3 star rating because it's more current?

I don't pay much attention to players' tweets. I recall last year a player commented about Taylor wearing a boot. I speculated from that tweet that Taylor probably re-injured his foot/ankle. That was flatly denied, and I was called a few names for speculating. the truth did come out several days later. Thank you all for your apologies. players don't always tweet accurate statements as in I loved my weekend at Purdue. it's the greatest and I want to play for Painter and the following week they commit to UCLA. but his tweet said he loved Purdue.

it's obvious reading all your posts that Painter must have an ideal projected weight for Williams. Are all you guys painter's assistants? Since you know so much about his current weight, what's his projected ideal weight? I ask because Tractor Traylor was an All American at Michigan. and he lost about 70 pounds after his final game and before the NBA combine. In essence, he was an All American while being 50-80 pounds over weight. I don't care how much Williams weighs as long as he can defend, rebound and score.

as for our roster, we added another player last month to fill a need. King's grandson . he's a walk-on. Why not start a conversation about him and if he's ready to contribute or if he should redshirt?

boiler iron made a good point as a player's ratings do change throughout their senior year of play. We saw Eastern, IT, and Edwards' player ratings all change . I suspect we will see Gillis' rating be lowered because of his injury. Dow's rating when he first committed was a 4 star rating. and that's reflected in that article written over a year ago. I'm unsure what happened during his senior year, but as more analysists saw him play, his rating dropped to a 3 star rating. I doubt his skills diminished, but other players emerged and their ratings climbed like Carsen's did. So both posters are right. At one time he was a 4 star, but he's now listed as a 3 star. Do you go with the 4 star rating because it's higher? or the 3 star rating because it's more current?

I don't pay much attention to players' tweets. I recall last year a player commented about Taylor wearing a boot. I speculated from that tweet that Taylor probably re-injured his foot/ankle. That was flatly denied, and I was called a few names for speculating. the truth did come out several days later. Thank you all for your apologies. players don't always tweet accurate statements as in I loved my weekend at Purdue. it's the greatest and I want to play for Painter and the following week they commit to UCLA. but his tweet said he loved Purdue.

it's obvious reading all your posts that Painter must have an ideal projected weight for Williams. Are all you guys painter's assistants? Since you know so much about his current weight, what's his projected ideal weight? I ask because Tractor Traylor was an All American at Michigan. and he lost about 70 pounds after his final game and before the NBA combine. In essence, he was an All American while being 50-80 pounds over weight. I don't care how much Williams weighs as long as he can defend, rebound and score.

as for our roster, we added another player last month to fill a need. King's grandson . he's a walk-on. Why not start a conversation about him and if he's ready to contribute or if he should redshirt?

Dow had to sit out half of his senior year due to eligibility issues...…..he was averaging 19pts 14reb 4blocks, which were better than the numbers that got him to a 4 star status. His on court absence must have cost him a star? But he was putting up better numbers.

Reactions: tjreese
I don't w
Dow had to sit out half of his senior year due to eligibility issues...…..he was averaging 19pts 14reb 4blocks, which were better than the numbers that got him to a 4 star status. His on court absence must have cost him a star? But he was putting up better numbers.

I don't claim to know what happened on the court or off it. All I know is his rating dropped over the course of his Senior year. Carsen's ranking also changed dramatically over the course of his senior year. So take your pick. His rating at the beginning of the year when he first committed, or his ending rating. Most people would choose his ending rating.

I don't w

I don't claim to know what happened on the court or off it. All I know is his rating dropped over the course of his Senior year. Carsen's ranking also changed dramatically over the course of his senior year. So take your pick. His rating at the beginning of the year when he first committed, or his ending rating. Most people would choose his ending rating.

They penalized him for having to sit, due to his eligibility issues...….even though his numbers were better. I understand that this happens, but I don't necessarily think it is accurate.

Last edited:
It just means Dow is under rated because he sat for a year. I would suggest that calling him a 3-star player, while technically accurate, does him a disservice. I would suggest that any poster that uses this 3-star rating in an argument is probably on weak ground.

Reactions: PU pit bull
ADVERTISEMENT