#9 Matt Haarms
#10 Tacos Carroll
#11 Sandi Marcius
#12 Jacquil Taylor
#13 Jay Simpson
#14 Patrick Bade
#15 Emmanuel Dowuona

Discuss.
If I were to rank them the order would be similar. I would definitely have Elite 8 starter Haarms at #8, but there really is a pretty big drop off after the top 7.

Nemanja Calasan was quite the conundrum/dilemma. He had range, but you almost wanted him to miss that first one - otherwise the Chally Principle was applied, and it was "LET IT RAIN" for the rest of the half. :)
let-it-rain-shoot.gif

#1 Zach Edey
#2 Jajuan Johnson
#3 Caleb Swanigan
#4 Carl Landry
#5 AJ Hammons
** Out of position Robbie Hummel
#6 Trevion Williams
#7 Isaac Haas
#8 Nemanja Calasan
#9 Matt Haarms
#10 Tacos Carroll
#11 Sandi Marcius
#12 Jacquil Taylor
#13 Jay Simpson
#14 Patrick Bade
#15 Emmanuel Dowuona

Discuss.
I don’t see Chris Reid?

Reactions: dumpsterFyre
Haas was better than Williams, the numbers back that up. He also had to be double teamed all the time. Remember the Haas fence Michigan tried on us? Haas' rebound numbers werent as great as he defered some of his rebounds to Swanigan. Haas often started over Aj hammons as a sophmore until Hammons got it together.

Reactions: dumpsterFyre
Isaac haas top 5....edey is the best....then Johnson, swanigan, Landry, haas, hammons, Trevion, haarms, calasan, marcius....oh what Sandi could've been if he stayed one more year...he was really coming on for us...would've really helped that team that was one of painter's worst....

Swanigan has to be #2.
Isaac haas top 5....edey is the best....then Johnson, swanigan, Landry, haas, hammons, Trevion, haarms, calasan, marcius....oh what Sandi could've been if he stayed one more year...he was really coming on for us...would've really helped that team that was one of painter's worst....
Pretty much agree with this. Landry was not a true big man height-wise, but played like one. I might put him over Swanigan he played the Florida big three almost to a standstill. Of course, Landry is the only one on the list with an NBA career ( I know that should not enter into college career ranking).

Haas averaged 5.7 rebounds his senior year (at 7-2), Swanigan was gone at that point so he wasn’t stealing rebounds. Below average defensively as well. He was an extremely efficient post scorer but he didn’t have the more well rounded games of Hammons (defensive player of the year) or Trevion (elite rebounder, great passer). Keeps him out of my top 5.

Reactions: BoilerDaddy
ADVERTISEMENT