ADVERTISEMENT

Updated bowl projection...

Unless we improve dramatically, I don't see a bowl in our future right now.
Normally I would agree, but the Big Ten West appears to be garbage this year. You don't think that Purdue can pull off four more wins out of:

(ranked in order of likely wins)

Northwestern
Nebraska
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Maryland
Wisconsin
Minnesota

I hadn’t seen that projection. I’ve seen the pin stripe bowl a lot. I also thought the big 10 had a philosophy of not sending teams back to their previous years bowl game if at all possible. Bowl game selections in the big 1 are also usually made with respect to a team’s overall record. I suspect 1-2 teams Purdue may beat will end up with a better overs record due to their non conference schedule. The Syracuse loss will come back to haunt Purdue’s bowl selection.

I hadn’t seen that projection. I’ve seen the pin stripe bowl a lot. I also thought the big 10 had a philosophy of not sending teams back to their previous years bowl game if at all possible. Bowl game selections in the big 10 are also usually made with respect to a team’s overall record. I suspect 1-2 teams Purdue may beat will end up with a better overs record due to their non conference schedule. The Syracuse loss will come back to haunt Purdue’s bowl selection.

Normally I would agree, but the Big Ten West appears to be garbage this year. You don't think that Purdue can pull off four more wins out of:

(ranked in order of likely wins)

Northwestern
Nebraska
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Maryland
Wisconsin
Minnesota
I still think a Pinstripe Bowl vs a UVA or Wake

ADVERTISEMENT