ADVERTISEMENT

Updated 247 Bowl Proj's

I would have the fear that could be Auburn 2.0, if true, especially if players like AOC and Jones possibly sitting out of a bowl game.
what are you going to do at this point, just about any top 12 team we play you have to worry about getting steam rolled. Got a D w/ no pass rush, under whelming LB corp., and a suspect secondary and on top of that they are not a very physical group. Right now the O is sputtering and not much speed at wideout, and of course we've had some injuries

maybe getting in a good bowl some good recruits can see they can play here. The west is going to get better.
Big picture....what will the big ten look like in a few years for purdue. Even if there's not more west coast additions (which I doubt) purdues path to the b10 title game is going to be very tough. This might be it. Recruiting really needs to pick up to stay out of the bottom 1/3 imo.

Reactions: pboiler18
I noticed that Brohm mentioned in his after the game presser that Purdue gives potential players a good chance to reach the field.

Last edited:
I don’t expect us to win. But looking back, when was the last time Purdue ever went to the Citrus Bowl! Or anything close?

I don’t expect us to win. But looking back, when was the last time Purdue ever went to the Citrus Bowl! Or anything close?
I don't know, but watching Purdue win in the Rose Bowl in 1967 was a great experience. The failed 2 point conversion was right in front of me!

So win or lose against Michigan, what are we looking at? Citrus, former Outback, and Mayo? Any scenario where it isn't one of those? Guaranteed Rate?

So win or lose against Michigan, what are we looking at? Citrus, former Outback, and Mayo? Any scenario where it isn't one of those? Guaranteed Rate?
At worst it’s the old Outback IMO. Maybe the Mayo bowl BUT…

Even if we lose, Michigan is in the playoff, OSU to the Rose and the only other BIG team slotted higher is PSU and I think they are still in play for an at large to the NYD6. We’d then be the next slotted team and should go to citrus. If not, we’d then be next slotted for the old Outback.

They can pick over us but since it’s been so long for a Florida bowl for us I think they’d likely see the ticket #s we could potentially do and take us.

Reactions: SKYDOG
i believe Citrus at best and old Outback at worst. Having lived in Tampa for 5 years, I recommend finding lodging in Tampa NOW . and driving to the game. Tampa's hotels are a lot cheaper than orlando. I recommend allegiant airlines. You'd be surprised at their low fairs. it's smarter to check it out before the teams are announced.

ADVERTISEMENT