ADVERTISEMENT

Until Purdue Can Successfully Recruit Players With Better Skills

Is the talent level way down in Chicago compared to years past? I dont follow recruiting as closely as I once did, but I dont hear much from that area...or are we just not recruiting Chicago hard (both football and bball)?

Hunter Wohler chose WI over offers from tO$U, ND, MI, MI St. Hometown young man (Muskego, WI) likely saw years of WI program success as the overriding factor.
The soccer player was Dani Rhodes whom went on to be B1G player of the year. That was a couple of years back. She is now married to T.J. Watt (NFL Defensive player of the year). She also plays professionally in NWSL.
She was on my daughter's SC Waukesha club team during High School timeline.
I think the fact that he's from WI, probably grew up watching WI and could play in front of friends/family had more to do with him choosing WI than the fact that WI has a nice lake near campus.

It’s not about the X’s and O’s and it’s ALL about the Jim’s and the Joe’s…our lines are being man-handled and the team prep and game plan laid an egg so far!
still have to get better players like more physical and speed. Especially now w/ the portal, got to get aggressive and take a chance or two w/ some players. I've had enough of walkons and transfers from D2 and D3

The fact that 97 is out there tells you all you need to know about this program right now

Reactions: SKYDOG
ADVERTISEMENT