ADVERTISEMENT

UCLA and IU

Our starting 5 next year is better than yours and so are the first few of the bench. Phin, Green, Hunter, Davis, and Davis starting. Smith, Al, Thompson, and Anderson coming in off the bench and I’m sure he’ll add a guy or two. That’s not a final 4 team but it’s decent as long as they’re healthy.
Ahh, the offseason. IU's best time of the year....

Our starting 5 next year is better than yours and so are the first few of the bench. Phin, Green, Hunter, Davis, and Davis starting. Smith, Al, Thompson, and Anderson coming in off the bench and I’m sure he’ll add a guy or two. That’s not a final 4 team but it’s decent as long as they’re healthy.
You must not have watched our four freshman in the game against UVA. Enjoy your better team while you can I suppose.

Yea this is not something that should be said on their board. There is no way to prove it, and it will just cause an argument (it could also be an inaccurate statement). Maybe save that for the IU free boards.

You must not have watched our four freshman in the game against UVA. Enjoy your better team while you can I suppose.
I thought maybe I had missed something, so I just went back to look... your "Freshmen" combined to have 13 points on 5/11 FG and 2/6 from 3...

That's not exactly setting the world on fire. Maybe you didn't mean the Virginia game?

Then there’s 2 blue-bloods in the history of the NCAA. Duke has all their titles in one generation, nothing before 1990. 1990-1939=51 years which is two generations. Kansas went 2 generations in between titles. UCLA has all their titles except 1 in the same generation.

I don’t need Purdue fans to validate my opinion. Purdue fans, once again, posted another topic about IU, on a Purdue board. Tells me everything I need to know.

Yeah, dog... it's still a "NO".

Congrats on that.

All that and a five dollar bill will get you a nice cup o' joe at the starbucks.

I thought maybe I had missed something, so I just went back to look... your "Freshmen" combined to have 13 points on 5/11 FG and 2/6 from 3...

That's not exactly setting the world on fire. Maybe you didn't mean the Virginia game?

You really don't want to go there.

Stack their NCAA tournament production up against the IU freshmen in the NCAA tournament....

(you should have taken your own advice.)

Reactions: DAG10
Yeah, dog... it's still a "NO".

I’m just glad that Purdue’s arguably greatest 3 year run in the history of their program has their fans talking about Indiana’s historical stature in the realm of college basketball. Can’t script it any better.

All of the candy stripe dorks had iu going to the final four. Not the final four of the nit or cbi

You and I are in agreement on Brunk's projected role. I still think that IU lacks the fire power and skill along the front line next year. Davis and Davis might not be enough. Who knows? Lots of change can happen over a summer.

You really don't want to go there.

Stack their NCAA tournament production up against the IU freshmen in the NCAA tournament....

(you should have taken your own advice.)
Lol well Tommy Luce had a better tournament than IU's freshman. That wasn't the point. The guy was acting like they killed it against Virginia.

You and I are in agreement on Brunk's projected role. I still think that IU lacks the fire power and skill along the front line next year. Davis and Davis might not be enough. Who knows? Lots of change can happen over a summer.
Smith is a solid backup 4, and as stated Brunk should be okay as a backup.

The front line is the least of my concerns. The 3 is definitely my biggest worry, and at this point it all depends on Jerome Hunter's health, imo.

You're wanting validation on a Purdue forum, now you're making a clown out of yourself.

You’re talking about IU on a Purdue forum, remember that. I don’t need anything validated. The fact Purdue fans are discussing where IU stands in the national picture a week removed from one of their best seasons in program history speaks volumes. Don’t get it twisted.

You’re talking about IU on a Purdue forum, remember that. I don’t need anything validated. The fact Purdue fans are discussing where IU stands in the national picture a week removed from one of their best seasons in program history speaks volumes. Don’t get it twisted.

No, dipstick, I'm RESPONDING to an IU fan in desperate need of validation on a Purdue forum.

Don't like what you see? Leave. Or not. I don't give a rip. I'm just not going to give you your desperate validation.

No, dipstick, I'm RESPONDING to an IU fan in desperate need of validation on a Purdue forum.

Don't like what you see? Leave. Or not. I don't give a rip. I'm just not going to give you your desperate validation.

I already received your validation the second a thread about IU started on a Purdue forum. The fact that a new thread trying to discredit IU, its program, and its history seemingly happens everyday tells me how much IU lives in your head. Starting a thread to try and establish that IU is no longer a blue-blood when your program doesn’t have a tenth of the national success or respect that IU does is peak Purdue lunacy.

See, our freshmen will actually improve from year to year. Might want to have the little sweaty guy look into that.

Is there evidence to suggest Archie's freshmen dont improve year to year?

Why bother?

A) He’s had one recruiting class at Indiana so there’s no way to physically prove what’s being asked one way or another

B) He took a mid-major to the NCAA tournament in 4 consecutive years as an at-large bid.

The guy can coach and build a program. He hasn’t had his due time to get multiple classes of HIS guys in place. Anything pertaining to whether or not Archie is able to restore Indiana is at least another year or two down the road.

I already received your validation the second a thread about IU started on a Purdue forum. The fact that a new thread trying to discredit IU, its program, and its history seemingly happens everyday tells me how much IU lives in your head. Starting a thread to try and establish that IU is no longer a blue-blood when your program doesn’t have a tenth of the national success or respect that IU does is peak Purdue lunacy.

Hey, dumb@ss... I'm replying to your desperation for validation. YOU... an IU fan desperately seeking validation ... ON A PURDUE FORUM.

Purdue is in YOUR head, and you're desperate for people to agree with you.

NO, dog. That's a no. Keep desperately trying, it's the same.

Why bother?

A) He’s had one recruiting class at Indiana so there’s no way to physically prove what’s being asked one way or another

B) He took a mid-major to the NCAA tournament in 4 consecutive years as an at-large bid.

The guy can coach and build a program. He hasn’t had his due time to get multiple classes of HIS guys in place. Anything pertaining to whether or not Archie is able to restore Indiana is at least another year or two down the road.

Is there something from this year to suggest he is a program builder?

Did he take those highly-rated players and get them to play together?

Can he coach? Well, he did previously. A tournament bid doesn't show much.

He might be a world-beater, for all you and I know. Or, he might be what we've seen so far.

Hey, dumb@ss... I'm replying to your desperation for validation. YOU... an IU fan desperately seeking validation ... ON A PURDUE FORUM.

Purdue is in YOUR head, and you're desperate for people to agree with you.

NO, dog. That's a no. Keep desperately trying, it's the same.

And like I said, I don’t validation. It’s already granted the second another one of these threads about IU start.

Is there something from this year to suggest he is a program builder?

Did he take those highly-rated players and get them to play together?

Can he coach? Well, he did previously. A tournament bid doesn't show much.

He might be a world-beater, for all you and I know. Or, he might be what we've seen so far.

A tournament bid, as in a single one? Try 4. He went to 4 consecutive tourneys as an at-large at a mid-major school. He went further in the tournament than Painter ever did up until this year much quicker in his career.

Will it translate at IU? I have no clue. But at least my assessment is much fairer than those who say he can’t or won’t based a single recruiting class, and his first at that.

A tournament bid, as in a single one? Try 4. He went to 4 consecutive tourneys as an at-large at a mid-major school. He went further in the tournament than Painter ever did up until this year much quicker in his career.

Will it translate at IU? I have no clue. But at least my assessment is much fairer than those who say he can’t or won’t based a single recruiting class, and his first at that.

congrats. That's great for IU. Little Archie's 4 tournament appearances are will take you back to your glory days of generations ago.

You're putting up straw men to have a fight. I doubt anyone cares about your opinion. If you think you're changing minds here, you're lost. Don't be a dim bulb.

Well, when I read the OP, I took it as a comparison of two programs, UCLA and Indiana. There was nothing disparaging. Only that past success at UCLA May have poisoned the well for succeeding coaches because now the fans have unrealistic expectations. The OP said it reminded him of IU in many respects. It’s a nothing burger, so stop making it like we called you guys names or kicked your grandma.

Your indignation is out of place.

Reactions: BlackGoldTexas
congrats. That's great for IU. Little Archie's 4 tournament appearances are will take you back to your glory days of generations ago.

You're putting up straw men to have a fight. I doubt anyone cares about your opinion. If you think you're changing minds here, you're lost. Don't be a dim bulb.

Clearly you, as you keep responding to me. Right? But remember, I’m not the one who once again brought up IU on a Purdue forum. You’re brethren did because they can’t help it.

Well, when I read the OP, I took it as a comparison of two programs, UCLA and Indiana. There was nothing disparaging. Only that past success at UCLA May have poisoned the well for succeeding coaches because now the fans have unrealistic expectations. The OP said it reminded him of IU in many respects. It’s a nothing burger, so stop making it like we called you guys names or kicked your grandma.

Never said the OP said anything disparaging??

Clearly you, as you keep responding to me. Right? But remember, I’m not the one who once again brought up IU on a Purdue forum. You’re brethren did because they can’t help it.

girlfriend, you're on the PURDUE forum, trying to get validation for your program.

Little Archie will take you to the levels you desperately seek. We got it. He's your savior. We GOT it. You're a blue blood. We GOT it. Validation granted.

THERE!

Reactions: mathboy

HEY! No talking rationally here. It's pure emotion, and you DAMN sure better agree with these validation-seeking Loosiers.

No you can’t because it takes more than 25 years to obtain blue-blood status. You can lose your elite status in 25 years but not blue-blood.
Newsflash...if you are not good and irrelevant nationally (as has been the case with IU), you are neither elite or blue-blood.

Reactions: Purdue85
He said we must not have watched your freshmen against Virginia. That implies they played really well against Virginia.
The freshmen were on the floor in the second half when they took the lead after being down 5-7 points the entire half. Watch the section where the lead went from 7 to Purdue lead.
The frosh, Haarms and Eastern were all part of that run during the last 10 minutes. You don’t have a single player in your team that has played at that level and Purdue has 6 who not only played, they played well, against the champs.

Must be tough coming off three years of no tourney, watching Purdue win championships.

So tell us. Who are your shooters on this better than Purdue roster?

Reactions: Purdue85
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT