ADVERTISEMENT

Two things I grossly underestimated: Lack of Pass Rush and Levine Departure

RegionWarrior101

Junior
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2014
2-1-9
I cannot remember seeing a pass rush this abysmal, and I was warned, but wow. Safety is leading your team in Sacks, that is really bad. You may as well rush 3.

Second thing is, I knew Tony Levine was good, but drop off is noticeable. We are not an awful unit, but his were exceptional.

I cannot remember seeing a pass rush this abysmal, and I was warned, but wow. Safety is leading your team in Sacks, that is really bad. You may as well rush 3.

Second thing is, I knew Tony Levine was good, but drop off is noticeable. We are not an awful unit, but his were exceptional.

Yes, Levine was a big loss. Agree with you on that

Reactions: ChuckJr
That is true. He had one pseudo shank today but that last one saved us from losing in regulation putting them on the 1.

The kicker graduates too. But he seems slightly above average.
Deleted the comment bc I felt it wasn’t in line with the original intent of the thread...but Schopper is a big loss. Kid coming in though has a big leg. Kid that is the backup has potential but is wildly inconsistent

Reactions: Indy_Rider
Deleted the comment bc I felt it wasn’t in line with the original intent of the thread...but Schopper is a big loss. Kid coming in though has a big leg. Kid that is the backup has potential but is wildly inconsistent
I couldn't name a backup kicker or punter, so I will take your word. Looks like our LS moves on as well. Sonny Dykes or Brett Venables or MAC flavor of the month will have a lot of work to do with that.

I couldn't name a backup kicker or punter, so I will take your word. Looks like our LS moves on as well. Sonny Dykes or Brett Venables or MAC flavor of the month will have a lot of work to do with that.
You need to get a clue. Brohm isn't going to Louisville after the season to coach the Cardinals.

Can you just leave the board? No need to posture and argue and be so negative about every little thing.

Everybody including yourself will be happier.

If Brohm goes, we will likely be A or THE top job opening this offseason. Put us in a good position to hire way better than Sonny Dykes.

Can you just leave the board? No need to posture and argue and be so negative about every little thing.

If Brohm goes, we will likely be A or THE top job opening this offseason. Put us in a good position to hire way better than Sonny Dykes.
Fine, Dino Babers then. He was obviously distracted today as well. Whatever.

Fine, Dino Babers then. He was obviously distracted today as well. Whatever.
Or ND is a legitimately good team and Syracuse is just ACC good?

Didn’t look distracted. Just overmatched.

Purdue is a LARGE step up for Babers IMO from his current gig. Problem is that he’s never been much of a recruiter and that worries me.

Seth Littrell and Neal Brown are my top picks.

Purdue is a LARGE step up for Babers IMO from his current gig. Problem is that he’s never been much of a recruiter and that worries me.

Both have good resumes. UAB coach intriguing as well. I just hope whoever it us wants to stick around for a little while.

It's all meaningless. Brohm isn't going anywhere after the season.

It's all meaningless. Brohm isn't going anywhere after the season.
I hope not...but UL will throw him a 5M, 10 year contract. Bank on that.

I think Brohm is good but he’s not worth that.

Let those fools buy him out and we can continue on with our rebuild with some new blood.

My feelings have been and are up to this point that any UofL posterior on this board has no life and is living in desperation that CJB Leaves Purdue. It doesn’t really matter at this point. Yesterday was proof that this is one hell of a job for any coach to have out there. If he is dumb enough to leave with what he has coming in then I will take ‘the next man up’ that MBobo As hand-picked for the job. It’s not like it will be difficult to lure the top talent in coaching who would make a long-term commitment to the University. I can see why UofL fanatic is peeing their pants right now in the understanding that he’s not going anywhere most likely.
Who wants to go to that dumpster fire of a school at this point in time? Their academics are very mediocre, their athletic department is a dumpster fire, they just fired in recent months their biggest booster and told him never come back we don’t want to see you again, now they have to pay millions and millions of dollars to coaches who won’t be coaching. It’s not very attractive while on the other side we have probably the most attractive situation college football.

My feelings have been and are up to this point that any UofL posterior on this board has no life and is living in desperation that CJB Leaves Purdue. It doesn’t really matter at this point. Yesterday was proof that this is one hell of a job for any coach to have out there. If he is dumb enough to leave with what he has coming in then I will take ‘the next man up’ that MBobo As hand-picked for the job. It’s not like it will be difficult to lure the top talent in coaching who would make a long-term commitment to the University. I can see why UofL fanatic is peeing their pants right now in the understanding that he’s not going anywhere most likely.
Who wants to go to that dumpster fire of a school at this point in time? Their academics are very mediocre, their athletic department is a dumpster fire, they just fired in recent months their biggest booster and told him never come back we don’t want to see you again, now they have to pay millions and millions of dollars to coaches who won’t be coaching. It’s not very attractive while on the other side we have probably the most attractive situation college football.

Plus Brohm has unfinished business in the B1G West. He's not going to leave till he is consistently beating the Wisconsins and Northwesterns of the B1G West.

Plus Brohm has unfinished business in the B1G West. He's not going to leave till he is consistently beating the Wisconsins and Northwesterns of the B1G West.
Winners don’t leave with unfinished business, you’re exactly right!

Agree...our special teams have been a disappointment. Our points after kicking has been a disappointment because of the line play. Our punt and kick-off returns are just not as good as they should be..with Moore as the returner had we the right blocking schemes we would have had several TD's this year. Looks as if we will need a new special teams coach. Norm

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Agree...our special teams have been a disappointment. Our points after kicking has been a disappointment because of the line play. Our punt and kick-off returns are just not as good as they should be..with Moore as the returner had we the right blocking schemes we would have had several TD's this year. Looks as if we will need a new special teams coach. Norm
I might go the opposite direction, and this seems nuts, but don't put Rondale out there for every kick. I would rather have him 100% on offense to be honest vs taking hits on a return that gets us to the 20.

Did our ST coach survive the hit on Saturday? That looked nasty. Also, was that the hardest hit of the game?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT