ADVERTISEMENT

Trump's Parade

Do you approve of Trump's 4th of July parade? Do you approve of the cost to taxpayers?
Nice to have a President who is proud of our military and wants to show it off. The prior administration could have cared less. Get sick and tired of the constant bashing of the President. Be proud of our military might and how much it costs. Stand at attention, sing the national anthem. We do it at Purdue football games.
Do you approve of Trump's 4th of July parade? Do you approve of the cost to taxpayers?

Reactions: boilerjohn
Nice to have a President who is proud of our military and wants to show it off. The prior administration could have cared less. Get sick and tired of the constant bashing of the President. Be proud of our military might and how much it costs. Stand at attention, sing the national anthem. We do it at Purdue football games.
If only everyone loved Dear Leader as much as you love Dear Leader.

My understanding is that pride parades are paid for by corporate sponsors, etc except for law enforcement costs.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/w...have-become-increasingly-corporate-2017-06-23

Trump's parade will cost 92 million plus and most of that will be from taxpayers. I would like to honor the military but personally would prefer to see the money spent on benefits for vets and active service members. I wish the government would stop acting like several million dollars is peanuts. There are citizens in our country living in housing without indoor plumbing and electricity. There are homeless vets. There are children who go to bed hungry. We need to help our citizens. Stop wasting money on frivolous and unnecessary things. I did not realize how much this would cost and now I feel angry.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/...st-80-million-more-than-previously-estimated/

I approve the cost every bit as much as all the pride parades costs all across the country.

Of course you do even though one has nothing to do with the other. Skydog, the grand poobah of false equivalencies.

Also, it’s one of the dumbest fukking ideas he’s had, and all he has are dumb fukking ideas.

My understanding is that pride parades are paid for by corporate sponsors, etc except for law enforcement costs.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/w...have-become-increasingly-corporate-2017-06-23

Trump's parade will cost 92 million plus and most of that will be from taxpayers. I would like to honor the military but personally would prefer to see the money spent on benefits for vets and active service members. I wish the government would stop acting like several million dollars is peanuts. There are citizens in our country living in housing without indoor plumbing and electricity. There are homeless vets. There are children who go to bed hungry. We need to help our citizens. Stop wasting money on frivolous and unnecessary things. I did not realize how much this would cost and now I feel angry.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/...st-80-million-more-than-previously-estimated/

Beth, don’t forget he now wants you to pay for the wall even though Mexico was gonna pay for it.

Lmao at this because it’s not like a wall is ever gonna happen.

Beth, don’t forget he now wants you to pay for the wall even though Mexico was gonna pay for it.

Lmao at this because it’s not like a wall is ever gonna happen.

I thought this 4th of July speech, fireworks, parade, etc would not happen so not sure anymore about the wall. Everyone [both parties] is against it but that doesn't mean it won't happen. Courts might stop it????

I guess the very idea makes me think of this
n-women-a-20190630-870x580.jpg

Will this big parade be led by 76 trombones?

Sorry. Just couldn't resist, MAGA again and all that stuff...

You're proud of the military and want to show your appreciation? How about let them have the ****ing day off to spend with their families instead of supporting a colossal waste of taxpayer money that precisely one person wants to put on?
So you only think 1 person wants to do this. The colossal waste is the congressmen who draw a paycheck. So you think the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds do not enjoy performing? Ask the pilots if they do not enjoy performing for the people. They are proud of what they do.

You're proud of the military and want to show your appreciation? How about let them have the ****ing day off to spend with their families instead of supporting a colossal waste of taxpayer money that precisely one person wants to put on?
So you only think 1 person wants to do this. The colossal waste is the congressmen who draw a paycheck. So you think the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds do not enjoy performing? Ask the pilots if they do not enjoy performing for the people. They are proud of what they do.

Wtf do the Blue Angels have to do with Trump throwing himself a dumb military parade? I’ll tell you since you aren’t bright enough to figure it out on your own: NOTHING. Just a moronic retort on your part , which is to be expected.

The Blues are certainly proud of what they do. The Blues and Thunderbirds are paid specifically to put on these shows. But you know what? The Blues have families too. And up until about two days ago they didn't have an appearance booked for the Fourth, so even they will get to cancel any plans they had because Trump got a hair up his ass and wants to line up his toys in the hallway. The tanks, vehicles, soliders, etc. who are going to have to march in the parade will be doing so on a day off, where - trust me - they'd rather be home with family.

There have been more threads about this than when ole Holder got Americans killed running guns. I love the outrage. WHAAAAAAAAT A PARADE!? IN DC?! The whole city is basically shut down anyway for fireworks. Even the baseball game is at 1100 to get people out early. I feel bad for the Soldiers. It's going to be hot as hell, and will probably storm in the afternoon, but really, it's not that big of a deal. They get military holidays galore. It will probably be national guard/reserves mostly. quit crying.

There have been more threads about this than when ole Holder got Americans killed running guns. I love the outrage. WHAAAAAAAAT A PARADE!? IN DC?! The whole city is basically shut down anyway for fireworks. Even the baseball game is at 1100 to get people out early. I feel bad for the Soldiers. It's going to be hot as hell, and will probably storm in the afternoon, but really, it's not that big of a deal. They get military holidays galore. It will probably be national guard/reserves mostly. quit crying.
I'm more upset by the expenditure of taxpayer funds for a toy show than I am for the soldiers. Having marched in my fair share of federal holiday parades, it's a pain in the ass, it's usually hot, and we'd almost always rather be doing something else, but I recognize that it comes with the job. That said, the last-minute nature of this is irresponsible leadership and will undoubtedly put out a bunch of these people who had plans, and that stuff does matter to unit commanders who have to deliver the shit news.

But I don't expect you to care about that because you completely lack that perspective.

You also lack the perspective about all those "military holidays." In 20 years, I think I've been home for Christmas, for example, less than half of those years. So yeah, when I get the 96 and you have to sit your GS behind in your chair for 7 hours, I don't feel bad about it.

Ok, let's have a parade and let's never again quibble over costs when Dems propose something with a $100 million price tag. Deal?

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
I'm more upset by the expenditure of taxpayer funds for a toy show than I am for the soldiers. Having marched in my fair share of federal holiday parades, it's a pain in the ass, it's usually hot, and we'd almost always rather be doing something else, but I recognize that it comes with the job. That said, the last-minute nature of this is irresponsible leadership and will undoubtedly put out a bunch of these people who had plans, and that stuff does matter to unit commanders who have to deliver the shit news.

But I don't expect you to care about that because you completely lack that perspective.

You also lack the perspective about all those "military holidays." In 20 years, I think I've been home for Christmas, for example, less than half of those years. So yeah, when I get the 96 and you have to sit your GS behind in your chair for 7 hours, I don't feel bad about it.
IYou can try to denigrate what I do in my "chair", but that's just sour grapes. Every job has its sucky parts.

Last edited:
Nothing like a good serving of patriotic hypocrisy to warm the cockles of one's heart.
I don't care one way or the other about the parade. It's not a big deal. I won't attend. I will get some work done, grill some burgers, shoot off some fireworks for my family, have a drink and go to work the next day. I get it though, one more thing for you all to work yourself into a tizzy over...

Nothing like a good serving of patriotic hypocrisy to warm the cockles of one's heart.
I don't care one way or the other about the parade. It's not a big deal. I won't attend. I will get some work done, grill some burgers, shoot off some fireworks for my family, have a drink and go to work the next day. I get it though, one more thing for you all to work yourself into a tizzy over...

Yet you’ve posted four times in the thread about it. But you don’t care. Got it.

IYou can try to denigrate what I do in my "chair", but that's just sour grapes. Every job has its sucky parts.
I'm not denigrating your job. I just don't feel the least bit bad about walking out of the office and leaving the GSes behind because I pay for it when I'm not working with the GSes. Trust me, I'm trying to join the ranks of the GSes if I can find something I like. It's not a bad gig. But yeah, when you tell me to "quit crying" when you've not walked a mile in my shoes, I'll tell you to pack sand.

I'm not denigrating your job. I just don't feel the least bit bad about walking out of the office and leaving the GSes behind because I pay for it when I'm not working with the GSes. Trust me, I'm trying to join the ranks of the GSes if I can find something I like. It's not a bad gig. But yeah, when you tell me to "quit crying" when you've not walked a mile in my shoes, I'll tell you to pack sand.
Do you have to march in the parade?

Do you have to march in the parade?
Not this one specifically, just about ten other ones, so I know how the guys who were told on Monday to change their plans for Thursday feel, and I know how the guy who had to deliver that message felt, too.

You ever spent half your holidays away from your family?

Also, I'm not sure how you're resolving lighting $100 million on fire for this as OK.

Not this one specifically, just about ten other ones, so I know how the guys who were told on Monday to change their plans for Thursday feel, and I know how the guy who had to deliver that message felt, too.

You ever spent half your holidays away from your family?

Also, I'm not sure how you're resolving lighting $100 million on fire for this as OK.
I said I felt sorry for the Soldiers. Clearly it's not the most fun thing to do. Is it anymore of a waste than some guard duty functions? Probably on the same level. As far as the 100 million, it's like worrying about your netflix bill while the house burns down...

I said I felt sorry for the Soldiers. Clearly it's not the most fun thing to do. Is it anymore of a waste than some guard duty functions? Probably on the same level. As far as the 100 million, it's like worrying about your netflix bill while the house burns down...
I agree about the $100 million, but you and I both know that that mindset is part of the problem. This is pretty clearly wasted money.

ADVERTISEMENT