ADVERTISEMENT

Trump's decision not to lower flag

No, he went to Fordham and then his dad (who also loaned him a million dollars to start his "empire") pulled some strings to get him to transfer to Penn, where he was a below average student.

His "empire" was a house of cards and largely built via exploiting bankruptcy laws and ripping off contractors.

Also, this is the moron who killed the USFL by pitting it up directly against the NFL in the fall (another reason he has an axe to grind with the NFL).

The "genius businessman" narrative is utterly laughable.
The USFL committed suicide Mik. IT was DOA.

I've read this whole thread. I met John McCain on several occasions and many of you have no idea who the man was. He's dead. STFU.

He was someone who pushed for every war we’ve gone in and not gone in. He, like Hillary Clinton, has a LOT of blood on his hands...

Really? Read and listen to what those in the Hanoi Hilton say about him and how even there he got special attention.
I've read two books about the Hanoi Hilton including McCain's autobiography where he openly admits that he broke under torture and captivity. That doesn't make him less of a man, nor does it make him selfish, etc. EVERYONE has a breaking point in captivity. Some people reach it. Only a complete jackass would judge someone based on time spent as a POW in conditions that person can't even begin to imagine. But, then again, you and Trump are now together in this, which is not wholly surprising. I mean, both of you sit back in your barca loungers and lob insults at people from the comfort of your home, based, apparently on their inability to avoid getting shot down in a war and spending time in a prison camp. Big men, you guys are. But I'm sure out of the other side of your mouth, you wave your flag every Memorial Day and cry "support the troops!"

Tell me, how do you feel about Colin Kapernick's protest? Offensive to Veterans? How do you think the majority of Veterans feel about John McCain?

I find it odd that you openly support Trump and then bemoan someone who "makes it all about himself." Total bullshit. You're a complete hypocrite.

Reactions: Bill4411
You sound like a Fox News puppet.

Progressive green.. I didn’t get it off of Fox News... although they’ve told the truth about 3% of the time about our oppressive war machine.. which is about 3% more than CNN and MSNBC...

Hey... did Iraq have WMDs? By the way after that I have a lot of questions.. how did denuclearization Work for Libya? “We came we saw he died!” You have to be a sick SOB to say that the way she did.

I’m laughing at you having to put me in a box. There are people out there who seek out journalists who are actually doing journalism.

Progressive green.. I didn’t get it off of Fox News... although they’ve told the truth about 3% of the time about our oppressive war machine.. which is about 3% more than CNN and MSNBC...

Hey... did Iraq have WMDs? By the way after that I have a lot of questions.. how did denuclearization Work for Libya? “We came we saw he died!” You have to be a sick SOB to say that the way she did.

I’m laughing at you having to put me in a box. There are people out there who seek out journalists who are actually doing journalism.
You didn't know John McCain. My point wasn't about his voting record it was about respect for the dead. I wasn't a huge fan of several former politicians or their politics. But when they passed on I either said nothing or acknowledged their efforts toward building a better world as they saw it. Once again, he is dead. Say something nice or shut up.

You didn't know John McCain. My point wasn't about his voting record it was about respect for the dead. I wasn't a huge fan of several former politicians or their politics. But when they passed on I either said nothing or acknowledged their efforts toward building a better world as they saw it. Once again, he is dead. Say something nice or shut up.

No you shut up.. that sociopathic ass hole is responsible for the murder of hundreds of thousands of people who have no idea why we are fighting their dictators and don’t know anything about us funding Saudi Arabia who then funds wahhabis who then commit terrorist acts because they’re murderers not because they speak for Muslims... they don’t know we double back and say “terrorism! (That we are the root of funding) gotta kill people.” They literally don’t know what is going on..

And he was in favor of that. So he’s a piece of shit. Just like Hillary Clinton, just like George bush and dick Cheney, just like Barack obama and just like Donald Trump ...

All people who better hope there really isn’t a god.

No you shut up.. that sociopathic ass hole is responsible for the murder of hundreds of thousands of people who have no idea why we are fighting their dictators and don’t know anything about us funding Saudi Arabia who then funds wahhabis who then commit terrorist acts because they’re murderers not because they speak for Muslims... they don’t know we double back and say “terrorism! (That we are the root of funding) gotta kill people.” They literally don’t know what is going on..

And he was in favor of that. So he’s a piece of shit. Just like Hillary Clinton, just like George bush and dick Cheney, just like Barack obama and just like Donald Trump ...

All people who better hope there really isn’t a god.
You out of Prozac?

I've read two books about the Hanoi Hilton including McCain's autobiography where he openly admits that he broke under torture and captivity. That doesn't make him less of a man, nor does it make him selfish, etc. EVERYONE has a breaking point in captivity. Some people reach it. Only a complete jackass would judge someone based on time spent as a POW in conditions that person can't even begin to imagine. But, then again, you and Trump are now together in this, which is not wholly surprising. I mean, both of you sit back in your barca loungers and lob insults at people from the comfort of your home, based, apparently on their inability to avoid getting shot down in a war and spending time in a prison camp. Big men, you guys are. But I'm sure out of the other side of your mouth, you wave your flag every Memorial Day and cry "support the troops!"

Tell me, how do you feel about Colin Kapernick's protest? Offensive to Veterans? How do you think the majority of Veterans feel about John McCain?

I find it odd that you openly support Trump and then bemoan someone who "makes it all about himself." Total bullshit. You're a complete hypocrite.
You know, I have to laugh at your assumptions. First, I base my statements about McCain on all of the facts...not just that he was captured. A true war hero was my father who served in the 101st in the Battle of the Bulge, who did his job, was wounded and re-entered the battle when he could have come home. A man who lost 90% of his outfit, and always felt guilty because he was with the 10% who came home. A man who always stated he was "Just doing his job" fighting for your freedoms. If I had your address I'd share the letter I received upon his death from his CO to let you see what a true war hero is. I'll stand by my statement that McCain would have been nothing if not for the Hanoi experience as he used that...again to promote himself. And yes, I do support the flag and those who have defended this great country that allows you and me to share differing opinions on an internet forum. Even McCain. As for CK.....what my father did, allows him to run his mouth and allows me to call him the punk he is.

You know, I have to laugh at your assumptions. First, I base my statements about McCain on all of the facts...not just that he was captured. A true war hero was my father who served in the 101st in the Battle of the Bulge, who did his job, was wounded and re-entered the battle when he could have come home. A man who lost 90% of his outfit, and always felt guilty because he was with the 10% who came home. A man who always stated he was "Just doing his job" fighting for your freedoms. If I had your address I'd share the letter I received upon his death from his CO to let you see what a true war hero is. I'll stand by my statement that McCain would have been nothing if not for the Hanoi experience as he used that...again to promote himself. And yes, I do support the flag and those who have defended this great country that allows you and me to share differing opinions on an internet forum. Even McCain. As for CK.....what my father did, allows him to run his mouth and allows me to call him the punk he is.
My assumptions were spot on. You validate your opinion by citing the actions of others while sitting in comfort throwing stones at a former POW. I honor your father's memory and his service, and extend my sympathies to you that you lost him in war. I'll leave it at that.

My assumptions were spot on. You validate your opinion by citing the actions of others while sitting in comfort throwing stones at a former POW. I honor your father's memory and his service, and extend my sympathies to you that you lost him in war. I'll leave it at that.

He wasn't lost in war. Read it again and I said he was the 10% of his outfit that came home. And just because someone was a POW doesn't mean I have to like or respect them, though I will always respect their service. There are so many who were captured who came home, went to work, did their jobs that you've never heard of. McCain used daddy's influence and his capture to advance his political career.

He wasn't lost in war. Read it again and I said he was the 10% of his outfit that came home. And just because someone was a POW doesn't mean I have to like or respect them, though I will always respect their service. There are so many who were captured who came home, went to work, did their jobs that you've never heard of. McCain used daddy's influence and his capture to advance his political career.
Misinterpreted your "letter from his CO upon his death." Let's just agree to disagree because this isn't going to be productive for either of us. It's obviously (and understandably) emotional for you, and I think you are being hypocritical and lack credibility to cast judgment.

Eisenhower used the blood of many good men to ride the D-Day assault into the White House. Should we think less of him?

Eisenhower used the blood of many good men to ride the D-Day assault into the White House. Should we think less of him?
You can say that about literally any politician who was a veteran ever. The irony is that he cites his father's service to lend credibility to his opinion, while claiming McCain was a product of "daddy's influence".

Reactions: BuilderBob6
Really? Read and listen to what those in the Hanoi Hilton say about him and how even there he got special attention.
Yep, he got special attention because of his father. IIRC he was offered early release by North Vietnam due to who his father was, he refused and then got even more special treatment in the form of intimidation and torture.

While Trump battled those debilitating bone spurs.

You people who can't see the world through anything but politics are a joke.

You can say that about literally any politician who was a veteran ever. The irony is that he cites his father's service to lend credibility to his opinion, while claiming McCain was a product of "daddy's influence".
Yes you can. But my comment was to Twin. However the practice goes back to Washington. My personal favorite was Andrew Jackson who won a battle that occurred after the British surrender. He still used it in his campaign.

Reactions: gr8indoorsman
How many generations does your fathers heroism last?

And I assume you're an expert on giving birth as well because your mother experienced that.

You out of Prozac?

Haha that’s the best you got. Notice you didn’t say “hey that’s not true! We didn’t murder hundreds of thousands of Iraqis! If we didn’t invade Libya we were gonna be taken over! It’s not our fault that there’s a slave trade in libya! The average middle eastern person can’t wait to attack us.”

Notice you didn’t say any of that... you just attacked me.. and then here’s the ironic part.. IF I start attacking you, you’ll cry victim like all of the babysat mommy and daddy’s boys I went to Purdue with...

John Mccain was a piece of shit. Not for being a POW.. for every act of war he backed in the last 20 years

Haha that’s the best you got. Notice you didn’t say “hey that’s not true! We didn’t murder hundreds of thousands of Iraqis! If we didn’t invade Libya we were gonna be taken over! It’s not our fault that there’s a slave trade in libya! The average middle eastern person can’t wait to attack us.”

Notice you didn’t say any of that... you just attacked me.. and then here’s the ironic part.. IF I start attacking you, you’ll cry victim like all of the babysat mommy and daddy’s boys I went to Purdue with...

John Mccain was a piece of shit. Not for being a POW.. for every act of war he backed in the last 20 years
People rant like you and who pays any attention? Those without any oars in the water. I got two and I'm rowing as fast as I can to get away from your crazy. BTW, I never once voted for McCain. Doesn't mean I don't respect him.

Reactions: Bill4411 and kescwi
"We didn’t murder hundreds of thousands of Iraqis! ... The average middle eastern person can’t wait to attack us.”

I mean, the two highlighted statements are false, and the last sentence is your opinion, one which is purely political, and yet you're calling a dead man not even yet buried - one who served your country to allow you this political freedom - a "piece of shit" and a "sociopathic asshole" for being one vote out of several hundred with which you have political disagreement out of one side of your mouth, while bemoaning personal attacks out of the other. It might be time for you to cool off for a minute and at least try to be civil.

Last edited:
I mean, the two highlighted statements are false, and the last sentence is your opinion, one which is purely political, and yet you're calling a dead man not even yet buried - one who served your country to allow you this political freedom - a "piece of shit" and a "sociopathic asshole" for being one vote out of several hundred with which you have political disagreement out of one side of your mouth, while bemoaning personal attacks out of the other. It might be time for you to cool off for a minute and at least try to be civil.

Nah man he told me to shut up so I told him to shut up back... you are the kind of guy who Is going to get righteous with me about not being civil .. over a guy who acted to cause the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent people.. maybe you should look yourself in the mirror while also anointing yourself the judge of other posters...

Your point appears to be “there are several hundred other deranged war hawking blood thirsting sociopaths on Capitol Hill ...

I always love an establishment clown with views like yours who can also talk with this righteousness.

John Mccain was captured in a war for profit that has nothing to do with my freedom. The last time our sovereignty was remotely threatened by someone we went to war with was WW2. But nice try at war profit propaganda... oh but that’s right ... so many in this country have been fooled into believing it that you think you’re right.

Hey.. where were those WMDs again?

Nah man he told me to shut up so I told him to shut up back... you are the kind of guy who Is going to get righteous with me about not being civil .. over a guy who acted to cause the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent people.. maybe you should look yourself in the mirror while also anointing yourself the judge of other posters...

Your point appears to be “there are several hundred other deranged war hawking blood thirsting sociopaths on Capitol Hill ...

I always love an establishment clown with views like yours who can also talk with this righteousness.

John Mccain was captured in a war for profit that has nothing to do with my freedom. The last time our sovereignty was remotely threatened by someone we went to war with was WW2. But nice try at war profit propaganda... oh but that’s right ... so many in this country have been fooled into believing it that you think you’re right.

Hey.. where were those WMDs again?
It's funny, because I think our views on war and government funding of our military would be pretty similar, but once again you've pegged me as something when you don't have the first clue. That's the second thread you've done that because, simply put, you thrive on argument and always have. Well, not with me ever again. I wish you well.

An
It's funny, because I think our views on war and government funding of our military would be pretty similar, but once again you've pegged me as something when you don't have the first clue. That's the second thread you've done that because, simply put, you thrive on argument and always have. Well, not with me ever again. I wish you well.

You can’t have views similar to mine and like John Mccain... you may think I’m being an A hole. I’m wanting well meaning people to wake up

An

You can’t have views similar to mine and like John Mccain... you may think I’m being an A hole. I’m wanting well meaning people to wake up
With all due respect....... leaping to premature conclusions about posters, calling them names, and acting like your opinion is unquestionably the only correct one.........Just turns people away, the people you are trying to wake up. Jmo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heller
With all do respect....... leaping to premature conclusions about posters, calling them names, and acting like your opinion is unquestionably the only correct one.........Just turns people away, the people you are trying to wake up. Jmo.

Wow did this thread go south.

Anyway, what you post, is generally what happens

-people make assumptions on other's views
-name calling begins

Then the message one was trying to deliver or discuss gets clouded and all but forgotten

How many generations does your fathers heroism last?

And I assume you're an expert on giving birth as well because your mother experienced that.
Not just my father's heroism, but those who came before and after him will last the eon's of time. It's evident you being the liberal you are, you have no idea of the sacrifice these men and women make every day so that you can go on an internet forum and run your mouth. Continue to insult each and every one of those who have given you the freedom to be what you are.

As for my mother....typical liberal interjecting things that have no value to the subject matter being discussed.

Please....go have fun with your Pelosi blow up doll.

So liberals, by definition, don't appreciate our active military and vets. I guess that means there are no liberals in the military or liberal veterans.......or they wouldn't appreciate......
themselves?

I did not know that.

So liberals, by definition, don't appreciate our active military and vets. I guess that means there are no liberals in the military or liberal veterans.......or they wouldn't appreciate......
themselves?

I did not know that.

He’s nothing if not consistent with his incredibly moronic blanket statements.

Yep, he got special attention because of his father. IIRC he was offered early release by North Vietnam due to who his father was, he refused and then got more special treatment in the form of intimidation and torture.

While Trump battled those debilitating bone spurs.

You people who can't see the world through anything but politics are a joke.
What’s amazing to me is that people are acting like McCain voluntarily surrendered. His plane was shot down over Hanoi and suffered multiple injuries when after he parachuted, immmediately captured by the enemy. Exactly what did Trump have in mind for him to do once he exited the plane take a poison pill? I still can’t believe people who say McCain wasn’t a hero especially those people who never served in the military like some on this board and our President.

Not just my father's heroism, but those who came before and after him will last the eon's of time. It's evident you being the liberal you are, you have no idea of the sacrifice these men and women make every day so that you can go on an internet forum and run your mouth. Continue to insult each and every one of those who have given you the freedom to be what you are.

As for my mother....typical liberal interjecting things that have no value to the subject matter being discussed.

Please....go have fun with your Pelosi blow up doll.
I insulted them? You denigrated McCain and then used your fathers heroism as some apparent indication of how you would have handled yourself better than McCain did and allowing you to be the arbiter of his heroism.

Keep on making up your own reality, just like your hero Trump. You know, the guy who wouldn’t go fight but acts the bad ass.

As for the rest, blah blah, liberal, blah blah Pelosi, blah blah...

themselves?

I did not know that.
Wow, you sure know how to bend and stretch something into a totally different world.

Wow, you sure know how to bend and stretch something into a totally different world.
"It's evident you being the liberal you are, you have no idea of the sacrifice these men and women make every day"

I'm not sure how else to interpret your statement. Liberals are either too stupid, incapable of relating to our military personnel, or simply hate them too much.......to understand what they give up in their lives to protect our way of life. You are making judgements on people you don't know based on their political affiliation.

While I'm sure they are in the minority, there are certainly liberals on active duty and retired from the military. What are you saying to them?

I mean.........this is what you really believe. Have the stones to just own it. Or maybe when your words are said back to you, you are too embarrassed to acknowledge your own statement.

"It's evident you being the liberal you are, you have no idea of the sacrifice these men and women make every day"

I'm not sure how else to interpret your statement. Liberals are either too stupid, incapable of relating to our military personnel, or simply hate them too much.......to understand what they give up in their lives to protect our way of life. You are making judgements on people you don't know based on their political affiliation.

While I'm sure they are in the minority, there are certainly liberals on active duty and retired from the military. What are you saying to them?

I mean.........this is what you really believe. Have the stones to just own it. Or maybe when your words are said back to you, you are too embarrassed to acknowledge your own statement.
The liberal minority in the military is not nearly as great in terms of being outnumbered as you might think. The military is overwhelmingly young and heavily minority. Still very much conservative, but...

The liberal minority in the military is not nearly as great in terms of being outnumbered as you might think. The military is overwhelmingly young and heavily minority. Still very much conservative, but...
I don't doubt you one bit. Mine is an uninformed opinion. I felt comfortable saying liberals were the minority but have no idea of the numbers.

Protocol was served as stated. And President Trump lowered it again for the duration of his time before burial. At least he didn't lower it for a foreign leader as Obama did for Nelson Mandela, which is totally beyond the rules of lowering it. It is supposed to be for American citizens only.

Is that the same day he wore a tan suit and offended you?

ADVERTISEMENT