ADVERTISEMENT

Trevion Williams announcing at 11 today

Wow this is 50/50........but I feel he will choose to be a Boilermaker.

His own comments on how Biggie did and how he feels he can step right into that role make me think he will be a Boilermaker....
(So really feel like it is 65%/35% leaning towards the Boilermakers.)

Once he gets healthy and has a great senior year, people will wish they had him and by then he will already have chosen to be a Boilermaker.

Boiler Up T. Williams....you will be a great addition to the Boilermaker Family!

Reactions: TC4THREE
Would be a very good pick-up for Purdue and CMP. I'll refrain from injecting my poor prediction skills onto the Board.....but, I hope he chooses......wisely.

Like I said – important get…

1. Starts our 2018 class off right with a Top 100 player.
2. Purdue inside game is important to getting shooters open TW will help with that.
3. Rebounding is huge in these highly competitive B1G games extending possessions…TW will help turn the tide our way.
4. Even though TW is ranked @ 95 right now I would say he is undervalued and with the HS stats and body he has the potential as being an all B1G player. Biggie version 2.0….and we all liked how the first version turned out.
5. He is a top 100 out of state player. In the past many if not most of CMP's top 100 have come in state. Haas, and CE for example....are two that show CMP is branching out and getting these top 100s elsewhere. TW continues this trend.
6. Xavier....I do not think you can underestimate the coach @ X and his recruiting abilities. Mack has shown to be superior to CMPs recruiting to land higher ranked talent IMO. It was big to beat out X for his services.
7. Good win over MSU in recruiting as ..yes, they offered long ago and did not even make the cut. Offer list strong....Michigan St, Xavier, Illinois, Syracuse -so good win over all.
8. Getting a guy highly coveted out of Michigan would be tough. Never happened under CMP yet....TW is the first.
9. Many say CMP has poor sales ability and cannot land the big fish in recruiting (they say he got lucky in 07 & point to CS as being brought in by Roosevelt Barnes and thus is an outlier to the CMP and hasn't shown much in recruiting outside of those) So another data point showing this just flat out isn’t true.

Last edited:
Cha Ching...as predicted and welcome T. Williams...you are part of a special family now: Purdue Boilermakers!

Come on down and be next: D. Anderson, E. Hunter and either R. Langford, E. Dowuona, I. Bates, K. Embrey, A. Trapp....etc.

CMP has lots of good young men interested in joining the Purdue family.

Worth noting that Xavier really wanted this kid and Mack has done well recruiting against us in the past. I tend not to get too wrapped up in recruiting "wins" but for those that track such things this seems like a good one to me.

I really believe we got him because of Biggie. Not only did he mention what Painter did with Biggie in several interviews, but they have similar stories and body types. He will need to work extremely hard to live up to Bigggie. Not sure if he does but the potential was there. Huge get, even better beating out Xavier head to head.

He has chosen Purdue

giphy.gif

I didn't predict it. That's why he came here. If I would have, he would have gone to Coppin State or some other dot school that came out of nowhere because he likes their colors or mascot or something.

Great news. I'm stoked.

Biggie coming to Purdue is paying nice dividends, even after he is gone. And that reminds me of a song title.

th

I didn't predict it. That's why he came here. If I would have, he would have gone to Coppin State or some other dot school that came out of nowhere because he likes their colors or mascot or something.

Great news. I'm stoked.

Biggie coming to Purdue is paying nice dividends, even after he is gone. And that reminds me of a song title.

th
Williams is "Nobody's Fool".

Reactions: GemstateBoiler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT