ADVERTISEMENT

Trevion Williams - A Picture is Worth 1,000 words....

Purdue Grad in Texas

All-American
Mar 22, 2010
Congratulations to Trevion Williams in joining Purdue's illustrious list of 1,000-pt scorers last night.

And as is his custom, Big Tre did it in style.....and with authority. Looking forward to more from the Big Cat as the season unfolds.

5uipd2.gif

Congratulations to Trevion Williams in joining Purdue's illustrious list of 1,000-pt scorers last night.

And as is his custom, Big Tre did it in style.....and with authority. Looking forward to more from the Big Cat as the season unfolds.

5uipd2.gif

I remember when Big Dog had 1,000 points in one season.

But nothing against Tre, congrats. Not many 1st team big ten players come back to get his minutes off the bench and still play with 100% effort. This team could be one of the best Purdue team's of all time by the time the season is done.

But nothing against Tre, congrats. Not many 1st team big ten players come back to get his minutes off the bench and still play with 100% effort. This team could be one of the best Purdue team's of all time by the time the season is done.
I have my helmet and body armor ready to go for that first loss. Does anyone think the board will melt down as typical or will it be less of a sting this year knowing we can rebound and win a bunch of games.

Reactions: Purdue85 and NG.q15
I have my helmet and body armor ready to go for that first loss. Does anyone think the board will melt down as typical or will it be less of a sting this year knowing we can rebound and win a bunch of games.

Always a melt down. If we win both games this weekend, the first loss will be even worse, lol. People will think this team is unbeatable and just lose it.

Or we can just run the table all season and avoid a meltdown, lol.

Hope so, Lee. We shall see.

Oh yeah, btw, - Glenn Robinson with 1,030 in 1994, averaged about 30/10 per game that year with opponents' primary focus directed at him every game.

depends on the nature of the loss. I won't be too upset if it is on the road at Michigan... unless of course it feels like the refs screwed us out of a perfect regular season, lol

Depends on the timing. If the Boilers have finished FB season there'll be a whole new pool of Ainters to jump in.

5uipd2.gif
Trevion had a great game and is very fun to watch, but I was a little annoyed that he obviously traveled in that particular clip. Neither announcer picked it up, but he clearly picks up his pivot foot as he steps to the basket.

Trevion had a great game and is very fun to watch, but I was a little annoyed that he obviously traveled in that particular clip. Neither announcer picked it up, but he clearly picks up his pivot foot as he steps to the basket.
Actually they changed that language a few years ago. I had a discussion on here about Vince Edwards step back/travel. The new language is not as clear as the old. As long as you are in the act of passing or shooting you can.
Art. 3. After coming to a stop and establishing the pivot foot:
a. The pivot foot may be lifted, but not returned to the playing court, before the ball is released on a pass or try for goal;64 Rule 4 / definitions
b. The pivot foot shall not be lifted before the ball is released to start a dribble.

Reactions: Zaphod_B and reswat
Actually they changed that language a few years ago. I had a discussion on here about Vince Edwards step back/travel. The new language is not as clear as the old. As long as you are in the act of passing or shooting you can.
Art. 3. After coming to a stop and establishing the pivot foot:
a. The pivot foot may be lifted, but not returned to the playing court, before the ball is released on a pass or try for goal;64 Rule 4 / definitions
b. The pivot foot shall not be lifted before the ball is released to start a dribble.
Wow. That's new information to me. That rule a seems to say that you can have two pivot foots.

I could understand if the pivot foot were lifted in a two-footed jump, but can you really lift the pivot foot as you step forward on the other leg for the shot?

Reactions: dumpsterFyre
Wow. That's new information to me. That rule a seems to say that you can have two pivot foots.

I could understand if the pivot foot were lifted in a two-footed jump, but can you really lift the pivot foot as you step forward on the other leg for the shot?
Ya it's weird. It's like a continuous motion thing for shooting or passing.

Meh, if they lose a game this weekend, it's really no big deal. It's wayyy early to make any kind of judgement on a loss.

However, watching a bit of Villanova this afternoon. Their guards would give IT and Hunter a lot of problems...

Meh, if they lose a game this weekend, it's really no big deal. It's wayyy early to make any kind of judgement on a loss.

However, watching a bit of Villanova this afternoon. Their guards would give IT and Hunter a lot of problems...
How many of these players were in the team we throttled a couple seasons ago in Mackey?

I think of it like a lay up, you've always been able to take that step coming off the pivot foot like that... so, as long as you go into a shot, it makes logical sense to me...

5uipd2.gif
I love this and find it cool how quietly he'd done this. Blue collar style. I love it.

5uipd2.gif
Great milestone for Tre. What a great transformation from his freshman year to now. I'll take him any day of the week.

ADVERTISEMENT