ADVERTISEMENT

Trevion Williams

I am honestly shocked he didn't get drafted in the second as he seemed to have a decent amount of buzz for a second rounder.
I think it just became a numbers game and the teams he worked out for addressed bigger needs. It’s almost better being an UDFA than a late 2nd Rounder because you get to choose where you go to some degree and I bet Tre had a few places he could have gone. He chose a winning team that has something of a need at his position. Boston is a well-managed organization again as shown by their playoff run.

Congrats and good luck at camp, Tre!

Ex10 are non-guaranteed so the Warriors aren't really too invested in him yet. However, it's still good news for Tre. #1, he gets the camp invite. I believe the Ex10 can be turned into a 2-way contract if they don't want him on the NBA roster but like him enough for that investment. Also, I remember Isaac signing one...if you get cut without the 2way contract, the team can designate you to their own g-league team and you get a little $ bonus.

If you follow the link to that Twitter highlight, there’s another one posted right underneath it too. One thing that’s always been so impressive about his passing ability is how he can do it so easily while palming the ball with just one hand. That, and having eyes in the back of his head that we can’t see because the sunglasses he wears on the back of his head are camouflaged to look like hair.

But this question is about him palming the ball. Does he have particularly gigantic hands? He just looks like a quarterback playing keep away around children sometimes before he passes, and it’s so effective I’m not sure why we don’t see a lot of other players do the same.

Williams has been released. Be interesting to see where he ends up from here. I assume he'll be able to land in the gleague pretty easily.
Wait...................

This can't be true. He scored 2 points in that preseason game the other night. The GM must have been getting popcorn when he hit that shot.

We all love Tre, but his inability to shoot and being a subpar NBA defender will make it difficult to find a spot on NBA roster. If he keeps grinding and improves those areas over the next 2 years in the G league he has an outside shot.

We all love Tre, but his inability to shoot and being a subpar NBA defender will make it difficult to find a spot on NBA roster. If he keeps grinding and improves those areas over the next 2 years in the G league he has an outside shot.
I’ll take him on my Chicago Bulls in a heart beat.

Reactions: 3generboiler
I'm confused. You said 'his inability to shoot' and then you said 'he has an outside shot'. Isn't that a contradiction? ;)

Trey was a really good college player. One of my favorites, but if Painter didn't think he could defend the 4 or play out on the floor on offense, then how is he supposed to play in the NBA? This shouldn't be a surprise for those who follow the league.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT