ADVERTISEMENT

Trend to play BB games in unusual places: where for Purdue?

Tommaker

Senior
Dec 11, 2002
Aircraft carriers, Greek and Roman ruins, pro ball diamonds....where can Purdue play that's unusual, but would draw a crowd? My vote is for the 500 Speedway, with Center court at the start/finish line.

The Minneapolis mall of America! The astrodome! The Alamodome! Wrigley Field! At the 9th hole at Augusta Masters! On the frozen tundra at Lambeau! Rupp arena.

London would be a great place! It can’t be any more expensive than playing in Hawaii or the Alaska tournaments.

I believe a great place for a Purdue basketball game would be Rio or maybe the Caribbean or Cozumel! Then again, it would be awesome to see Purdue in all those little Indiana towns named after big cities like Paris and Mexico!

Purdue could follow the lead of the UCONN. Women’s basketball team. Supposedly as part of their recruiting pitch, each player is promised the team will play at least one game near their home town in the four years they are on the team. That is why you see UCONN playing some very odd preseason opponents!

Purdue could follow the lead of the UCONN. Women’s basketball team. Supposedly as part of their recruiting pitch, each player is promised the team will play at least one game near their home town in the four years they are on the team. That is why you see UCONN playing some very odd preseason opponents!
I know CMP has done this in the past. The game at Valpo during Robbie's tenure comes to mind.

ADVERTISEMENT