ADVERTISEMENT

Trayce Jackson-Davis

Aug 23, 2016
Dan Dakich just stated that he received a text from a friend that Trayce may be reclassifying to 2018. Has anyone else heard this?

I know he is thought to be a heavy IU lean, but I believe they are out of scholarships and I know we have still been recruiting him. Just throwing this out there. Who knows.....

Last edited:
Reactions: DANG
I was just about to ask in a different thread if any 2019 prospects may be reclassifying to 2018 .

I guess it's possible. and Purdue does have 2 scholarships to give. and I'm sure whether it be 2018 or 2019, Purdue would gladly extend one to TJD. At worst, he could redshirt this year and learn.

I was just about to ask in a different thread if any 2019 prospects may be reclassifying to 2018 .

I guess it's possible. and Purdue does have 2 scholarships to give. and I'm sure whether it be 2018 or 2019, Purdue would gladly extend one to TJD. At worst, he could redshirt this year and learn.
He isn't going to redshirt anywhere he goes. He is a day 1 starter

I think more and more kids with NBA aspirations are considering this in order to get drafted sooner rather than later. This news could be total hearsay, but always fun thinking......"what if?"

I guess we will know more tomorrow.

Dan Dakich just stated that he received a text from a friend that Trayce may be reclassifying to 2018. Has anyone else heard this?

I know he is thought to be a heavy IU lean, but I believe they are out of scholarships and I know we have still been recruiting him. Just throwing this out there. Who knows.....
His tweet says he would re-classify to go to IU, so I am sure they’ll make room for him scholarship wise.

He said it on the radio, but according to a coach on the CG staff, it isn't true.
I coached a junior this year and that player decided to reclassify as a 2018 grad in December. The player had to work their tail off this semester to get everything completed to graduate. The player committed to play in college about a month ago. I don't see how a student could decide after their junior year is over to reclassify.

I think more and more kids with NBA aspirations are considering this in order to get drafted sooner rather than later. This news could be total hearsay, but always fun thinking......"what if?"

I guess we will know more tomorrow.
Take everything DD says with a mountain of salt. Also, it seems kinda late in the game to be reclassifying for 2018, considering they enroll in the fall. Not impossible I guess but just very unlikely.

Take everything DD says with a mountain of salt. Also, it seems kinda late in the game to be reclassifying for 2018, considering they enroll in the fall. Not impossible I guess but just very unlikely.
He doesn't have even close to the number of credits he needs to graduate. He won't be able to graduate early in December either.

He doesn't have even close to the number of credits he needs to graduate. He won't be able to graduate early in December either.
Yeah I have no idea what the kid's academic situation is, just meant it could be possible for some kid, somewhere. Regardless, like I insinuated in the rest of my post, this is all likely just BS spread by Dakich.

Yeah I have no idea what the kid's academic situation is, just meant it could be possible for some kid, somewhere. Regardless, like I insinuated in the rest of my post, this is all likely just BS spread by Dakich.
Yeah, he’s hard to read sometimes. He basically broke the Biggie to Purdue story, so he does have some sources.

Just lacks the ability or desire to vet them apparently.

I would believe it would be easier for a student to reclassify if they were at an academy or prep school such as La Lum where the academic class structure is a little different. Graduating early from a normal high school an entire year early is a lot more difficult.

I know his mom this is news to me.. I don't think Trayce has the credits to pull it off. Good kid, good family...

Apparently Dale comes and sees him more then he did. Trayce's step dad called Dakich and made him retract his story.. It is a nonstory. I wish people would leave these kids alone. Let them enjoy the process. This affects whole families when idiots make up stories like this...
So since you have inside knowledge - would you say Purdue’s chances are less than 5%?

Only way I see us having a shot is IU goes on probation and Izzo leaves MSU.

So since you have inside knowledge - would you say Purdue’s chances are less than 5%?

Purdue is ahead of MSU right now. They have been falling with him for some time. The most likely angle for us is if IU pulls in another front court stud (Watford, Hurt, ect) in the next few weeks.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef

I'm not gonna comment because the young man deserves his moment.. He is from a good family and they deserve their time. And I have never asked about the when and where...

This was a rumor earlier in the year,but his family made it clear he didn't have the necessary credits.DD was way out of touch on this, to the point where he basically embarrassed himself.If there had been even the remotest possibility that Trayce was going to reclassify,IU would not have signed Fitzner a couple of weeks ago.

Reactions: St_Henry_Buckeye
Purdue is ahead of MSU right now. They have been falling with him for some time. The most likely angle for us is if IU pulls in another front court stud (Watford, Hurt, ect) in the next few weeks.

Scheff, any insight as to why he’s a heavy IU lean, i.e. what are the major factors? I’m trying to figure out in general why IU seems to have more success than Purdue (not always, but in general) signing top in state kids.

Reactions: BCBtrio
Scheff, any insight as to why he’s a heavy IU lean, i.e. what are the major factors? I’m trying to figure out in general why IU seems to have more success than Purdue (not always, but in general) signing top in state kids.
If your asking "in general", it's the factors that have been discussed before: larger instate fan base, facilities, deeper recruiting budgets, banners, school with same name as state, media attention, etc...

As for TJD specifically, I think some of the above apply. Also...He's in a VERY pro-IU area. He's got some (not all) family members pushing for IU...same with friends. While he will never play with him, he's very much an admirer of Romeo Langford.

Those are just some of the variables at play. It should be noted how well Painter has pushed PU to a solid spot in this recruitment. If not for IU, you could say PU would have been the leader for his services. We'll see if that pays off.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
Apparently Dale comes and sees him more then he did. Trayce's step dad called Dakich and made him retract his story.. It is a nonstory. I wish people would leave these kids alone. Let them enjoy the process. This affects whole families when idiots make up stories like this...
I wish people would leave these kids alone... I wonder if all of the rabid IU fans in his area that we hear about leave him alone and don’t apply pressure to commit as well as likely making nonstop negative comments about attending Purdue? .

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
I wish people would leave these kids alone... I wonder if all of the rabid IU fans in his area that we hear about leave him alone and don’t apply pressure to commit as well as likely making nonstop negative comments about attending Purdue? .
I think we actually need more of this. Why don't we have tons of fans attending every one of these guys' games like they have down south? Why don't we have local businesses trying to get recruits like TJD to commit. Kids that age love that sort of attention. I agree with you that negative comments about a school shouldn't come from a random fan of a rival team, but I see no issue with filling up a high school gym with Black and Gold and chanting "Boiler Up!" every chance we get.

I think we actually need more of this. Why don't we have tons of fans attending every one of these guys' games like they have down south? Why don't we have local businesses trying to get recruits like TJD to commit. Kids that age love that sort of attention. I agree with you that negative comments about a school shouldn't come from a random fan of a rival team, but I see no issue with filling up a high school gym with Black and Gold and chanting "Boiler Up!" every chance we get.
I don’t disagree with that, I was responding more to Wawa’s post about leaving the kids alone when we all know what the cult atmosphere of IU fandom is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT