ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal Recruiting

Phinisee’s stats look exactly like a PG that Painter would want. Whole lot of nothing. I almost guarantee we get him.
ecb20e627cc1f4cc4b33bd2893baa1e3.gif

Does this mean Purdue offered Phinisee? I haven’t heard anything about him since entering the portal
I don’t know who if anyone we have offered. Also, is it an offer like when they are coming out of high school? Or is this like to divorcees getting married?

awww man.....I was hoping Pack was going to be a 6'3 210 explosive athlete. Turns out he's 5'10, 165....
Wonder if Painter will shy away from another sub-6 guard.

awww man.....I was hoping Pack was going to be a 6'3 210 explosive athlete. Turns out he's 5'10, 165....
There is probably less hesitancy after seeing how his game translates to the next level than there would be straight out of highschool and having to guess if it will translate at that height.

Do you always take 2 inches and 20 pounds off of every guard? Done it to IT, Smith and now Pack

There is probably less hesitancy after seeing how his game translates to the next level than there would be straight out of highschool and having to guess if it will translate at that height.
That's very true and I totally agree. Just wouldn't be thrilled with your starting PG basically PJ Thompson size and his freshman back up about IT size.

That's very true and I totally agree. Just wouldn't be thrilled with your starting PG basically PJ Thompson size and his freshman back up about IT size.

Funny you say that while at the same time, who wouldn't love to have PJ again. Tried to replace him and he just kept beating out people by being the steady PG we needed, not flashy but always dependable.

Funny you say that while at the same time, who wouldn't love to have PJ again. Tried to replace him and he just kept beating out people by being the steady PG we needed, not flashy but always dependable.
You wouldn't like my thoughts on PJ......

Blind reaction which stat line would you rather have leading a team?

17.4 ppg
3.8 reb
2.2 ast
45.5 fg%
1.5 TO/G
43.6 3pt%

vs.

17.3 pig
4.9 rpg
3.1 apg
46% fg
2.6 TO/G
35.8 3pt%

A couple 7 footers and a 6'10 guy to shore up the rebounding difference.
Wouldn't disappoint me if Painter got away from the low block 7 footers (unless they can shoot from 15-17 feet). Having a immobile big on the low block who can't shoot from outside isn't the recipe or success in the tourney.

Reactions: bstrouse
If he was 6’-3” and 210lbs, he’d be in the NBA alread

Blind reaction which stat line would you rather have leading a team?

17.4 ppg
3.8 reb
2.2 ast
45.5 fg%
1.5 TO/G
43.6 3pt%

vs.

17.3 pig
4.9 rpg
3.1 apg
46% fg
2.6 TO/G
35.8 3pt%
Also 84.5% foul shooter on no.1, but you also have to take into consideration that one played for a 14-17 team vs. a 29-8 team. Just saying.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
Actually I was talking about Pack. He has the 84.5% FT %. Number of foul shots taken would most likely favor Ivey.

I follow you...and agree. Now having both may be fun.
I was saying last year that Painter needed to get someone from the portal to help Ivey. Big time error on Painter's part. We really needed another guard who wasn't one dimensional .

I was saying last year that Painter needed to get someone from the portal to help Ivey. Big time error on Painter's part. We really needed another guard who wasn't one dimensional .
Yes and the commentators made a big deal that we had 0 points from the portal and Arkansas had 73%, Now, Arkansas already has a portal signee and three 5 star recruits signed. Whether I like the portal or not, it's the way it is, and the meek watchers could pay deeply if they don't do it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT