ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal Recruiting

Just a couple of names to throw out there for consideration. No idea if any of these guys would choose Purdue *edited* but I could see them coming in and potentially making an impact.

- Tyreke Key (Indiana State) - Immediate starter
- Lander (Indiana) - Project, does his shot get better?
- Antonio Reeves - Would be a great fill at SG if someone were to redshirt (or Brandon would decide to leave)

Reactions: TX4GB
yesterday, I posted on here about 2 I would go after Penn and Couisnard both from state of Indiana. Penn could score and is quick as hell, he played against this past year and Couisnard was the team vocal leader at SCar 12pt/gm. Both have one year left. Also like Zeb Jackson and Pinson former 4 star ex Mizzou.

Just a couple of names to throw out there for consideration. No idea if any of these guys would choose Purdue *edited* but I could see them coming in and potentially making an impact.

- Tyreke Key (Indiana State) - Immediate starter
- Lander (Indiana) - Project, does his shot get better?
- Antonio Reeves - Would be a great fill at SG if someone were to redshirt (or Brandon would decide to leave)
I think I'd take a flyer on Lander. Five star as a junior, super quickness. Might be headed to Louisville with their new coach.

Is there a potential date when we can feel comfortable on roster departures? I would assume Painter and staff are doing their end of year discussions which is why IT made the choice to leave....

Reactions: mike_walsh_4
DO others find this surprising? Why would he enter the portal? I love to ponder the whys.
Not surprising at all...did not leave the bench in the second half of the loss to Houston, and, spent plenty of time there in other games as well.

It is SO easy to leave now with the rules in place, so, not surprised even a little, and, he will literally have his choice of schools...could decide to go home, and, if he did, he could end up at Seton Hall with Holloway. Regardless, he will have a ton of options...I would welcome him at Purdue in a heartbeat, but, I don't even see him considering it (then again, he probably would not get benched at Purdue like he did there...so, maybe there is a slim chance of remote interest)

The magical transfer portal thread. There have been some names thrown around. We have reached out to the following

Jaelin Llewellyn

Any others?
Jermaine cousinard mother has cancer and it was in his earlier mind but the last part of the season he really came around

What if he does well here? That would be a blow to them.
That would be fun. But outside of the number of stars after his name in high school, I have seen nothing from him that warrants an offer. I think we have a guard who just entered the portal who is better.

ADVERTISEMENT