ADVERTISEMENT

TOS interview with the new head of the boiler alliance “in 2022 we didn’t have the resources to to build depth on the roster”

BCfanatic2020

All-American
Jan 5, 2020
Right out of the mouth of the person introducing David Neff to Alan karpick

And you saw it play out from Austin johnson being the weakest OL I’ve ever seen at Purdue in short yardage failures against Fresno state all the way till the end of the season.

I’ll end the suspense. Corey Stewart didn’t come here just because people were friendly to him.

Right out of the mouth of the person introducing David Neff to Alan karpick

And you saw it play out from Austin johnson being the weakest OL I’ve ever seen at Purdue in short yardage failures against Fresno state all the way till the end of the season.

I’ll end the suspense. Corey Stewart didn’t come here just because people were friendly to him.
Drivel

• Haha
Reactions: z_one
Why is it so hard for you to believe both that the head coach sucks AND the talent level is insufficient?

If you wanna think Walters sucks, feel free. Jury is still out but he had a not great season. Your head against the wall stand that the talent level wasn't bad is just embarrassing.

Why is it so hard for you to believe both that the head coach sucks AND the talent level is insufficient?

If you wanna think Walters sucks, feel free. Jury is still out but he had a not great season. Your head against the wall stand that the talent level wasn't bad is just embarrassing.
Talent level was better than it showed…because coaching held it back! What a novel concept!

• Haha

I don’t disagree the talent level was not great. I think a lot of the guys looked better under Brohm as apparently he was a good coach… but on defense we had some solid guys and card and burks were very good. But our OLine was good awful and that is being shown by an overhaul of talent and experience there. Mockobee was exposed a bit early but Walters was able to turn it around. I am anxious to see how we look with an improved OL provided we can get some receivers!

I don’t disagree the talent level was not great. I think a lot of the guys looked better under Brohm as apparently he was a good coach… but on defense we had some solid guys and card and burks were very good. But our OLine was good awful and that is being shown by an overhaul of talent and experience there. Mockobee was exposed a bit early but Walters was able to turn it around. I am anxious to see how we look with an improved OL provided we can get some receivers!
Who do you think looked so much better?

Jeff brohm got very lucky with two guys. One was a walk on who was brought up by throw it deep. Jack plummer took six years to develop. In oconnells very first appearances he leads a comeback wins vs Nebraska and northwestern for an otherwise 2-8 team. That’s not Jeff brohm. Another player was a five star that had Clemson and alabama snooping around west Lafayette and he happened to live down the block and his parents went to Purdue.

Pff says that cam Allen was much better in 2022 only than this year. Cole Brevard was marginally better. Likely because he was a backup last year and played a lot in garbage time.

Who else do you think was so much better amongst those who played for both? Pff does say Yaseen and Burks were ridiculously better under Walters. So does production.

Burks had 321 snaps last year with Aidan Oconnell and caught 15 passes for 149 yards.

• Haha
Reactions: pboiler18
Purdue is practically unbeatable (no one is unbeatable, but practically so) if our guard play is as good as it was today. I think Smith and Loyer have matured a lot from last season in that they recognize to use Edey to set a wide/big screen to free them for good looks. Also...Edey had 5 assists today! His decision making was outstanding and quick to get the ball to the open shooter when the defense collapsed on him. Edey can not be handled one-on-one...too big and too talented. So...defenses are forced to use help defense freeing at least one shooter on the floor if Purdue spacing is correct. Great, exciting game today!
PFF is clearly the only thing that matters.

Do you let them evaluate your work as well?

Who do you think looked so much better?

Jeff brohm got very lucky with two guys. One was a walk on who was brought up by throw it deep. Jack plummer took six years to develop. In oconnells very first appearances he leads a comeback wins vs Nebraska and northwestern for an otherwise 2-8 team. That’s not Jeff brohm. Another player was a five star that had Clemson and alabama snooping around west Lafayette and he happened to live down the block and his parents went to Purdue.

Pff says that cam Allen was much better in 2022 only than this year. Cole Brevard was marginally better. Likely because he was a backup last year and played a lot in garbage time.

Who else do you think was so much better amongst those who played for both? Pff does say Yaseen and Burks were ridiculously better under Walters. So does production.

Burks had 321 snaps last year with Aidan Oconnell and caught 15 passes for 149 yards.
I thought Mockobee and Downing looked better last year. Mockobee made a lot of better plays out do the backfield under Brohm. I thought Sheffield, ARY, and Rice showed a lot better playmaking under Brohm. Burks was the only one that showed playmaking ability this year. I thought the tight ends looked better under Brohm, although we had some injury issues this year. I also felt Brohm got more out of the OL with such an immobile QB.

I think the defense looked a lot better under Brohm. Cam Allen and Kane were good examples. Definitely a step back this year. Also thought we got so much more out of our front 7 last year.

Reactions: pboiler18
I thought Mockobee and Downing looked better last year. Mockobee made a lot of better plays out do the backfield under Brohm. I thought Sheffield, ARY, and Rice showed a lot better playmaking under Brohm. Burks was the only one that showed playmaking ability this year. I thought the tight ends looked better under Brohm, although we had some injury issues this year. I also felt Brohm got more out of the OL with such an immobile QB.

I think the defense looked a lot better under Brohm. Cam Allen and Kane were good examples. Definitely a step back this year. Also thought we got so much more out of our front 7 last year.
But he’ll tell you PFF said they were all better this year.

I don’t give a shit what PFF says about individual performances…the defense sucked.

Reactions: Bippus33

Some guy named Tyrone Tracy was the best player on the offense at the same position

I think Mockobee was worried too much about fumbling after the Syracuse game. I thought Downing looked better this year, but we actually ran the ball this year so it's hard to tell.

Cam Allen didn't look great this year or last, but Allen definitely looked uncomfortable in his new role. Seemed to get better at it the last few games.

Buck and Kydran were a lot more disruptive this year than last, and our LBs were, and apparently always will, be bad. The interior DL was probably better last year so I would call it a wash.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT