ADVERTISEMENT

Top 60 2022 NBA Prospects

agreed about the fit.

At the time I wondered what they were thinking. Here was a guy with a decent resume as an assistant, but only had one year as HC (Milwaukee) with VERY poor results (11-24, 4-14).

FULLY agree about Shrews. Would have been a home run hire for Butler.

I wouldn't touch Bryce Drew with a 10' pole, after his Vandy flame-out.

Cunningham is intriguing, with his Indiana roots.

Hard pass on Greg Gary, until he demonstrates success as a HC.

I don't pretend to have a finger on the pulse of all the up-and-comers, so I'm not sure about the pool. Bottom line, Butler has an interesting culture, and finding a solid HC candidate in that environment shouldn't be overly difficult.
Biased admittedly, but, Drew was not helped at all in his time at Vandy...I would argue the same could be said about/for Stephanie White.

Drew bounced back quite nicely at GCU. Not as if he could not/can't coach.

Shrews was a no-brainer and would have indeed been a home run hire. Carson is definitely intriguing as a candidate...he was a candidate (and strong one) to return to Purdue this past summer...the chance to "come home" as a HC at a special place like Butler could really be appealing. I am ok on the Gary matter...just thought because of his being from the area, having some quality coaching experience and having done a nice job thus far as a HC that he might be a consideration at least, but, he certainly is the least likely of the names I threw out...and, admittedly, I am just throwing names out that came to mind quickly.

What about if Stevens wanted to come back? Definitely a long shot, but, man that would be interesting in SO many ways.

ADVERTISEMENT