ADVERTISEMENT

Top 60 2022 NBA Prospects

Esox54547

True Freshman
Aug 26, 2017
There is a lot of discussion on here in different threads about the draft prospects of certain players, so I thought I would post this. According to Hoops Hype/USA Today, these players of interest (at least to me) are in the top 60 draft rankings for 2022. This website takes all the major mock draft sites and calculates a composite score.

Link

4. J. Ivey
6. J. Davis
8. K. Murray
19. B. Wesley
29. EJ Liddell
31. B. McGowens
32. H. Ingram
33. M. Christie
40. C. Houstan
54. T. Jackson-Davis
57. T. Williams

If the top 3 of this list all enter the draft, the BIG will lose some darn good young players.

I think everyone goes from that list. Surprising Christie is there that high. He might come back if he adds muscle to be a potential lottery pick.

I think everyone goes from that list. Surprising Christie is there that high. He might come back if he adds muscle to be a potential lottery pick.

Potential/projected lottery picks, yes. That's basically become automatic - with a few limited exceptions

Jared Sullinger (some of that was the instability with the labor negotiations, IIRC)
Miles Bridges?
Marcus Smart?
Blake Griffin?

Sullinger is probably the one where it really didn't turn out well with staying, IMO.

Depends on what guys are seeking...

Christie would be picked much higher a year from now...maybe even a lottery pick as you suggest. Houstan would improve his draft stock as well if he were to return.

Some guys don't seem to care...will be interesting to see what happens...always is.

By the way...Malaki Branham should be on that list...he is better than either of those two guys. He is better than McGowens in my mind for that matter.

Last edited:

Christie would be picked much higher a year from now...maybe even a lottery pick as you suggest. Houstan would improve his draft stock as well if he were to return.

Some guys don't seem to care...will be interesting to see what happens...always is.

By the way...Malaki Branham should be on that list...he is better than either of those two guys. He is better than McGowens in my mind for that matter.
Branham might have more potential than Liddell at the next level. Wesley did turn out to be the best prospect from Indiana last year. It could change depending on the development of TKR and Furst. Bigs take a little longer.

Potential/projected lottery picks, yes. That's basically become automatic - with a few limited exceptions

Jared Sullinger (some of that was the instability with the labor negotiations, IIRC)
Miles Bridges?
Marcus Smart?
Blake Griffin?

Sullinger is probably the one where it really didn't turn out well with staying, IMO.
Josh McRoberts is another one.

Reactions: DAG10

I agree on Branham. If he keeps up his surge throughout the rest of the year he will begin to appear on these lists.

BTW there are more names on the linked list past 60. I just stopped there as that’s the number of draft picks. Edey is 76 for instance.

Last edited:
Branham might have more potential than Liddell at the next level. Wesley did turn out to be the best prospect from Indiana last year. It could change depending on the development of TKR and Furst. Bigs take a little longer.
I don't think there is a question even...Branham is way underrated at the moment I think.

They talked about it during last night's telecast...when they ask Jimmy Jackson if they can use his retired number for a kid, especially when it is someone like Holtmann asking...you know that the kid must be REALLY good.

I definitely think his game translates more than Liddell's...and, Liddell is a really good player as well...winning Illinois' Mr. Basketball twice does not just happen by accident. I just think Branham's ability to put the ball on the floor and score from deep and in the lane/at the rim is better than Liddell's...he is more athletic...and, he is younger.

There is a lot of discussion on here in different threads about the draft prospects of certain players, so I thought I would post this. According to Hoops Hype/USA Today, these players of interest (at least to me) are in the top 60 draft rankings for 2022. This website takes all the major mock draft sites and calculates a composite score.

Link

4. J. Ivey
6. J. Davis
8. K. Murray
19. B. Wesley
29. EJ Liddell
31. B. McGowens
32. H. Ingram
33. M. Christie
40. C. Houstan
54. T. Jackson-Davis
57. T. Williams

If the top 3 of this list all enter the draft, the BIG will lose some darn good young players.
Where is Harper Jr? Thought he would be in the top 60!

I think Tre has more potential in the NBA than TJD. He has shown a great deal more growth and ability than TJD. TJD is very good at what he does but it feels a tad limited in comparison to NBA style. Tre's Stronger, better passing,better rebounder, his ability to step out a bit and his movement on defense this year I think would put him above. I seriously think Edey is back next year.

I think Tre has more potential in the NBA than TJD. He has shown a great deal more growth and ability than TJD. TJD is very good at what he does but it feels a tad limited in comparison to NBA style. Tre's Stronger, better passing,better rebounder, his ability to step out a bit and his movement on defense this year I think would put him above. I seriously think Edey is back next year.
Yeah, I agree. I don't get how Tre Williams would be behind TJD at this point. Tre has demonstrated the ability to shoot from outside, handle the ball well, pass well, and dominate inside. The absolute ONLY thing TJD can do is move inside. I don't get it.

Edey will be back. He's nowhere near ready for the NBA...

I think Tre has skills that translate to the NBA. He'd be a banger, but can step out hit the mid-range, has good handles for a big and passes really well. He won't see double teams in the NBA like he does in college, so if he can get the right matchups, he'll be able to score.

Yea, Christie probably returns, he probably goes through the process though and might impress.

Yeah, I agree. I don't get how Tre Williams would be behind TJD at this point. Tre has demonstrated the ability to shoot from outside, handle the ball well, pass well, and dominate inside. The absolute ONLY thing TJD can do is move inside. I don't get it.

Edey will be back. He's nowhere near ready for the NBA...
Let’s be honest, Edey probably never becomes a dominant NBA player. I’m sure he returns next year plays 25-30 minutes a game and probably leaves if he’s a 2nd rounder. Next year he very well could be a All Big Ten guy averaging 17 and 10.

I would love for my Nuggets to draft Tre in the second to play behind Jokic. Their offense uses the high elbow as a point/stretch 5 and his passing abilities would fit nicely. Plus his slow footedness would not be as big of a deal as he is much faster than the MVP. Nowhere the talent Jokic is but there has never been anyone like him before.

Edey needs more time. In another thread I said I thought he would have a nice career in Europe as the international style is more suited to him.

Very surprised that Diabate isn't on that list! Hard to teach 6'11" long and bouncy with a decent outside stroke. To me he looks like a first rounder and the best 4/5 NBA prospect in the Big Ten.

Definitely has a higher NBA ceiling than most 'glued to the ground' Big Ten bigs. And he's two inches taller than TJD with a far better shooting stroke.

Last edited:
Reactions: CookyMonster
Very surprised that Diabate isn't on that list! Hard to teach 6'11" long and bouncy with a decent outside stroke. To me he looks like a first rounder and the best 4/5 NBA prospect in the Big Ten.

Definitely has a higher NBA ceiling than most 'glued to the ground' Big Ten bigs.
#66 Guessing because I'm not an NBA guy at all, but probably needs to show a bigger body of work. He's been okay, but not outstanding this year. 9 and 5 are good but certainly not great stats.

#66 Guessing because I'm not an NBA guy at all, but probably needs to show a bigger body of work. He's been okay, but not outstanding this year. 9 and 5 are good but certainly not great stats.

Agree his stats aren't special, but the NBA doesn't give any of a care to stats. With a very young player it's all about ceiling.

Agree his stats aren't special, but the NBA doesn't give any of a care to stats. With a very young player it's all about ceiling.
Like I said I'm not an NBA guy, so I really don't know or care. I've seen him a grand total of 2 times and wasn't that impressed. But those that do care and pay attention to such things have him at #66 which is not too promising for him right now.

I don't think there is a question even...Branham is way underrated at the moment I think.

They talked about it during last night's telecast...when they ask Jimmy Jackson if they can use his retired number for a kid, especially when it is someone like Holtmann asking...you know that the kid must be REALLY good.

I definitely think his game translates more than Liddell's...and, Liddell is a really good player as well...winning Illinois' Mr. Basketball twice does not just happen by accident. I just think Branham's ability to put the ball on the floor and score from deep and in the lane/at the rim is better than Liddell's...he is more athletic...and, he is younger.
DAG your guy Branham is having a good game tonight. Looking pretty good.

That kid can flat play...the sooner that guy moves on, the more happy I will be as a Purdue fan.

He was REALLY good again tonight...as was Liddell.

Apparently, Liddell has been battling the flu.....strong games from him and Young to go along with Branham's terrific play.....23-36 (4/6 3-pt FG) combined. Branham 10/11 from the FT line as well. That's what it takes to win in a hostile environment against a really good team.

Apparently, Liddell has been battling the flu.....strong games from him and Young to go along with Branham's terrific play.....23-36 (4/6 3-pt FG) combined. Branham 10/11 from the FT line as well. That's what it takes to win in a hostile environment against a really good team.
Liddell going home made it more special, and, he delivered throughout...I have liked him since he was in HS in Illinois, and, admittedly pull for him more after the garbage he had to deal with from OSU fans last year.

Easy to see why Painter wanted Young at Purdue.

Branham has been very solid as of late...definitely has come of age...OSU lurking in the B1G title hunt, and, picked up a HUGE win tonight.

Liddell going home made it more special, and, he delivered throughout...I have liked him since he was in HS in Illinois, and, admittedly pull for him more after the garbage he had to deal with from OSU fans last year.

Branham has been very solid as of late...definitely has come of age...OSU lurking in the B1G title hunt, and, picked up a HUGE win tonight.
Holtmann is so good. But Freddy Glass preferred Archie. Haha.

Reactions: Bill4411 and DAG10

ESPN has Branham going 41 overall now.

ESPN has Branham going 41 overall now.
If he continues to play as he is, I have to think he moves into the first round...and, another guy who is just scratching the surface. If he comes back, absolutely a guy that could move up to first round...maybe even lottery.

I saw him early this year and he oozed potential...but, watching him live in Mackey...I was really impressed. He has been on fire since. Like say, McGowens is 10 spots ahead of him here and I think he is every bit as good.

Holtmann is really good...he was a steal for OSU, and, a great hire. I was a huge fan of him and what he did at Butler, and, he has made that jump pretty seamlessly and really been good there...a lot like Painter and someone I just have come to expect will have his team in pretty much constant contention within the conference, and, a threat on the national level as well...especially if he can continue to get guys like he has, and, no reason to not think that will be the case.

If he continues to play as he is, I have to think he moves into the first round...and, another guy who is just scratching the surface. If he comes back, absolutely a guy that could move up to first round...maybe even lottery.

I saw him early this year and he oozed potential...but, watching him live in Mackey...I was really impressed. He has been on fire since. Like say, McGowens is 10 spots ahead of him here and I think he is every bit as good.

Holtmann is really good...he was a steal for OSU, and, a great hire. I was a huge fan of him and what he did at Butler, and, he has made that jump pretty seamlessly and really been good there...a lot like Painter and someone I just have come to expect will have his team in pretty much constant contention within the conference, and, a threat on the national level as well...especially if he can continue to get guys like he has, and, no reason to not think that will be the case.
Crazy how many good coaches have been hired by Collier, right under IUs nose, and they somehow bungle their hire every time.

Maybe they should have hired Barry to be their AD?

Nobody bats 1.000, but Collier screwed up big time on this latest hire. I doubt Jordan is back after this season.
Ironically, by going the Indinia route in getting a guy that played there.

I have to think a big part of that was the idea of trying to keep guys from leaving and feeling like a "Butler guy" would not do that.

Jordan is a good guy and nice guy, but, just not the right guy or fit seemingly.

It is a risk on both sides in a situation like that...just as it was for Purdue with Painter.

Timing and circumstances prevented it, but, Shrewsberry would have been a dream hire there.

It will be interesting to see who they look at, as, like you, I can't see how Jordan is back. Darnell Archey if they consider a Butler guy again? Can't see Bryce Drew leaving GCU, but, maybe...Bobby Hurley is likely going to be available...not an ideal fit, but, name recognition and a fit for the Big East arguably...Greg Gary, but, not sure if he has "done enough" yet to warrant consideration...Carson Cunningham would be a home run hire and fit, but, not sure that he is looking to leave Incarnate Word.

Reactions: Purdue85

couple of weeks ago I saw a story about Liddell on BTN, he's a very likeable kid from a close family

don't know if Holtmann decided it but thought it was good move wearing the home Whites last night. It's been prevalent this year that teams are wearing their road jerseys at home. Last week iu had red on at osu that had red on ay home. That would cause problems for me.

A number of places have Branham solidly in the first round, seen him as high as 17th.

Ironically, by going the Indinia route in getting a guy that played there.

I have to think a big part of that was the idea of trying to keep guys from leaving and feeling like a "Butler guy" would not do that.

Jordan is a good guy and nice guy, but, just not the right guy or fit seemingly.

It is a risk on both sides in a situation like that...just as it was for Purdue with Painter.

Timing and circumstances prevented it, but, Shrewsberry would have been a dream hire there.

It will be interesting to see who they look at, as, like you, I can't see how Jordan is back. Darnell Archey if they consider a Butler guy again? Can't see Bryce Drew leaving GCU, but, maybe...Bobby Hurley is likely going to be available...not an ideal fit, but, name recognition and a fit for the Big East arguably...Greg Gary, but, not sure if he has "done enough" yet to warrant consideration...Carson Cunningham would be a home run hire and fit, but, not sure that he is looking to leave Incarnate Word.
agreed about the fit.

At the time I wondered what they were thinking. Here was a guy with a decent resume as an assistant, but only had one year as HC (Milwaukee) with VERY poor results (11-24, 4-14).

FULLY agree about Shrews. Would have been a home run hire for Butler.

I wouldn't touch Bryce Drew with a 10' pole, after his Vandy flame-out.

Cunningham is intriguing, with his Indiana roots.

Hard pass on Greg Gary, until he demonstrates success as a HC.

I don't pretend to have a finger on the pulse of all the up-and-comers, so I'm not sure about the pool. Bottom line, Butler has an interesting culture, and finding a solid HC candidate in that environment shouldn't be overly difficult.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT