Top 2022 PG Back on the Market

Esox54547

True Freshman
Aug 26, 2017
2022 4/5 Star Dior Johnson decommitted from Oregon. I have no idea if Purdue would be interested in this guy as I am not sure they would consider another freshman, but the attached article says he is looking for a place with an opportunity for early playing time. I don't know much about him except this is the second time he has de-committed from somewhere (Syracuse). Purdue did not recruit him originally.

Dior Johnson

Reactions: pboiler18

arcb102000

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Decommitting twice suggests strongly to me that he has serious issues. I would pass as this is the kind of player that could cause serious locker room issues a la Johnson.

Reactions: Schnelk

Esox54547

True Freshman
Aug 26, 2017
Decommitting twice suggests strongly to me that he has serious issues. I would pass as this is the kind of player that could cause serious locker room issues a la Johnson.
Definetly a yellow flag, but again I don't know enough about him to make a judgement.

TX4GB

All-American
May 19, 2012
Nike needs to send some funds our way to keep him in the fold.

HoosierfanJM

True Freshman
Feb 7, 2013
Definetly a yellow flag, but again I don't know enough about him to make a judgement.
You may want to change your yellow flag to a red flag; the kid played for TEN different high schools. Seems like a G-League Ignite player in the making.

And then there's this:

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2012
I'm an Indiana fan, and while I love when Purdue is bad, even I don't want to see them deal with drama like that kid. He's not a Purdue type guy. He's a coach in desperation mode guy at this point. Nebraska would take a runner on a kid like this.

Reactions: indyogb

Wolegib

All-American
May 23, 2013
He may be a great player. But people here should realize painter looks at a lot more factors than just basketball ability when recruiting a player. Painter considers what type of a person the player is! If money and personal stats are more important to a person than playing winning team basketball, then that player is not coming to Purdue. Painer is known as a good evaluator of talent. He’s also a very good evaluator of a person’s character!

Reactions: Purdue85