ADVERTISEMENT

Tony Levine resigns

Let's hope CJB was behind a lot of those special teams plays. Sucks to lose a coach who really made an impact on games like that. But if the program continues this upward trend, losing assistants will be more and more common.

Supposedly to pursue other things outside of coaching. Wonder whats behind this decision...
Levine is 45 with a degree with masters degree in education. He might want to do that or his wife/father in law may want him to take up the family farm...who know? All I know is that he was a damn good coach who probably helped with at least one game for Purdue can kept them in another 2 they probably shouldn't have been in (Wisconsin for example).

Good luck Coach Levine! Boiler Up!

Levine is 45 with a degree with masters degree in education. He might want to do that or his wife/father in law may want him to take up the family farm...who know? All I know is that he was a damn good coach who probably helped with at least one game for Purdue can kept them in another 2 they probably shouldn't have been in (Wisconsin for example).

Good luck Coach Levine! Boiler Up!
only if we could have picked up that loose football after the blocked punt.

personal family illness. More to life than football. Cut the guy some slack.

That job is one that can be glamorous as h*ll, and one h*ll of a grind, as well.

Lots of sacrifice.

Years ago I turned down a lot of money ... ! .... in order to watch my kids grow up. Never have regretted it. In fact, quite the opposite.

He posted on twitter yesterday he has a family with 4 children that have stayed in Houston as that is where he and his wife wanted to raise them. I cannot fault him at all for resigning to go back to be with them.
Don't blame him for that at all! And...he should have no trouble getting another job in that area, football or otherwise...that is if he doesn't already have something

I wonder what he did?
His degree was in Sports Marketing and prior to getting into coaching, he was president of a successful marketing co. I suspect he will fall back on that. He might of been pretty well off for a college coordinator after being a HC at Houston for 4 yrs.

According to Mike Carmin, unlike all of of Brohms other assistants, he did not sign a 2 yr contract-he was working yr to yr at PU. Because of that, he will not be entitled to collect the Bowl Game bonus that all other assistants received.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT